12 person trip--room config/type advice

Thank you! Disney trips were something that my mom and I did together a lot. Sometimes we would bring nieces/nephews along or some friends.

Unit 1:
My dad

Unit 2:
me

Unit 3:
Brother
Sis-in-law
12 yr old
14 yr old

Unit 4:
Sister
Bro-in-law
12 yr old (will probably want to room with her cousins)
3 yr old
15 m old

A lot depends on what are acceptable sleeping arrangements then I'd say. Are you or your siblings good with sharing a bedroom or being out in the living area? That's what would need to happen with getting a 2BR and only 1 studio. What resort are you thinking of? That also makes a difference for sleeping surfaces and points required.

I would also consider staying in 4 studios at the Polynesian. They are quite spacious, sleep 5 and are affordable.

I would also consider staying in 4 studios at the Polynesian. They are quite spacious, sleep 5 and are affordable.

And they could request that 2 and 2 connect so they'd get the quiet room and the not so quiet room. lol

However there are several resorts that they could book two 2BR's or two 2BR's plus two studios for less points.

Actually a GV at OKW would be less than several combos and an OKW GV plus studio is still less than 4 PVB studios. Or a standard view GV at SSR is the same as 4 PVB studios.

Last edited:

How important is a kitchen and washer/dryer? How much does hanging at the resort matter? I would think it's nice to have at least one 2 bedroom for the living room for people to gather.

Do you know what resort you are considering? Sorry, if I missed that. If you go the route of a 2BR, many of the resorts have non-lock-off 2BRs that have 2 queen beds on the studio side, while the 2BR lock-offs have a bed and a pullout. We always really prefer the extra real bed - just something to consider, if it matters. Have an awesome trip. We've done some like this, and it can be amazing.

OP - are there actually only 11 total? Or did you miss a teen in your list? I count 11 and one of those is under 2 so you're a group of 10 plus one under 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter