12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Originally posted by dotterson
DJ,
I figured we'd try out the Conceirge... (I think we're doing GF Concierge when Nat sings at Disney in two years.)

So do tell? What is the story about Natalie singing at Disney? Is she part of a choir? That would be SO cool!

We have never stayed at the Poly or GF, but hope to one day be able to say we have stayed at every Disney resort. It is going to take some time though :teeth: . I don't mind!

DJ

Hey DJ,

Well, we've stayed at the Poly 3x, BVC 3x, Boardwalk 1, and Wilderness 1. Don't have too much desire to hit all of them because we like to have easy access to the parks... GF tho, is a definite!

Nat is in the school chorus and her 8th grade (in 2006) will be performing at MK and MGM. They stay for 3 days. We'll watch her at both and do our own thing (since she will be doing her own thing with the kids!) I figure GF Conceirge and do V&A!!!!!

Jeff has been lucky and has had 2 B-days at Disney. Mine is in May during school, so we never get there at the right time! We did spend our 10th anniversary there (Boardwalk) and then the 3-day cruise. Unfortunately, that was the year that CC got hit by a hurricane and was brown rubble! So, we went back the following April for a 4-day cruise.

We've owned DVC since 1998.

Did I tell you our neighbor is Dave Marx's bro (Passporter fame?) We met him 2 years ago and sometimes email each other...

d

We're going on the cruise on 12-19-04 and we are so excited! It will be our first WDW trip and cruise for me (29), my husband (29) and our 10 (by two weeks before we go) year old daughter. We are doing the first 3 days at WDW and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (savannah view) followed by the cruise (Catagory 6). Is that good? I have no idea!

We made sure to reserve the Liberty Tree Tavern before we go to MVMCP on 12-16-04. When we reserved our MVMCP tickets and our PS for LTT, the castmember that my husband spoke to said that MVMCP for the 16th was booking up fast and that the 17th was already booked. So, if someone is looking to reserve MVMCP you better move fast because they limit the tickets to 20,000.

My husband and I were wondering if anyone has ever done the Surial Bath. I'm not sure if that is offered on just the Magic or if it is on the Wonder also. What I read about it sounds really fun!

Is there any must do's on the ship? Is the comedy club any good? Any advice would be appreciated!

We heard that the room walls are very thin, but what I was wondering is how thin are they? If you were have a normal conversation, can the person in the next room hear you? That's a little creepy!

Thanks for any and all advice!

Glad to have you aboard!:hyper:
A cat 6 is great. You have the balcony (which we love). The kids clubs are great. I hardly even see my boys except at dinner time. I don't think the walls are that thin. You definitley can't hear your neighbors conversations. Actually, the last time we cruised, I didn't hear a thing from the cabin next to us.
You know, after this cruise you are going to be hooked. Just warning you.;)

Jennifer

Jrlink,

If your daughter does email, we're getting the girls on this thread to "meet" up before the cruise. Let us know, and we can get our girls to write each other! (Mine will be 12 1/2 when we go!)

We've signed up the for the REAS (romantic stuff) which includes a couples massage (my hubbie won't do it), champagne breakfast, reservations at the adults-only restaurant Palos, some gifts, etc. You might want to look into it (there's lots of info on the Board.) Never done the Surial...

Haven't been on the cruise in 3 years, but there's TONS to do! We never have enough time to do everything! We esp. liked the "game shows" and the '70s dance! Plus, the ship will be decorated for the holidays!

We're not spending a lot of time in Nassau (been there, done that), and will take advantage of the ship without so many people. CC is to die for tho!!!!

I never noticed the walls being thin, BTW!

We're trying to get a DIS Meet on Board. I guess we will wear lime green (yuck, I hate that color! Oh well!)

Welcome!!!!

d

WELCOME JRLINK3!!! Just wanted to say that I grew up in Bay Village, Steve is from North Ridgeville and I have an Uncle that lives in Sheffield Lake! Everybody sing...It's a small world afterall!
Colton will be 2 months shy of being 10. If your daughter doesn't think boys are yucky, we could get them together to play. I would offer to email, but the boys don't know that we are going on the cruise. The word is out that we are going to WDW, but for now, that is all we are doing! I think we are going to try for MVMCP on Tuesday the 14th. I guess I better call and get that done! Thanks for the heads up on that!
I can't wait to meet you all! It's exciting getting to know you all through this thread, but to be able to meet you in person will be better! See ya' real soon!

Originally posted by JRLINK3
We're going on the cruise on 12-19-04 and we are so excited! It will be our first WDW trip and cruise for me (29), my husband (29) and our 10 (by two weeks before we go) year old daughter. We are doing the first 3 days at WDW and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (savannah view) followed by the cruise (Catagory 6). Is that good? I have no idea!

Hi! My twin DDs will be 11 on the cruise! One of them is emailing dotterson's DD right now. If your DD wants to meet another friend let me know!

One of my girls is very 'girly' and one is more 'tom boyish'. You will find one doing crafts in the lab, and the other is at the video games (with the boys). Although my tom boy is turning more girly every day, so who knows what will happen on this cruise.

Welcome! We will be at Boardwalk the day before the cruise. We want to see the Osborn lights at MGM and then finish the night out with Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

AKL is great! We stayed there last year and the girls loved it!

DJ

I went to Home Depot tpday and they have paint chips in all colors for Disney. They're Mickey Heads -- and adhesive, so we can wear them on the ship for our Meet!!!!

I think DJ said Lime Green is the color. I took a few!

Can't wait! (I'm jealous, DJ's family is going on another even sooner!)

d

I think DJ said Lime Green is the color. I took a few!

Can't wait! (I'm jealous, DJ's family is going on another even sooner!)
d

On my September cruise meet, they said that Alien Green is the 'official' color, so I didn't make it up ::yes:: .

As for going on 2 cruises, we have never done this before. We always have gone in September for the twins' birthdays. In 2002, my sister said she wanted to go with us and couldn't go in September. We got a REALLY good price back in 2002 on this December cruise (it has gone up over $2000 since then). Now my sister isn't going, but DH said we should still go....so there we are.....2 cruises in one year!

We want to see the decorations for the holiday. It will be our only holiday cruise. We really did get a good price on this one and just can't pass it up. I am almost embarassed for people to know we are doing 2 Disney cruises in one year. So we aren't talking about them too much to our friends here. They would give us dirty looks. :earseek:

DJ

And are totally envious of the 2 cruises!!!!:teeth:

We got so excited about the cruise, that I had to book a vacation at DW for Spring Break! :hyper: :hyper:

And, some of our friends think we're crazy too!!!!!

Not to worry, we understand!!!!!

d

Not to worry, we understand!!!!!
d

That is what I love about these boards. I don't feel so strange about my love of the DCL or WDW! There are others just like me out there! And it is so fun to be able to talk with others who love planning vacations as much as I do! You guys are great!

DJ

You know, after this cruise you are going to be hooked. Just warning you.;)

Jennifer [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what we heard. Hey, do you know if you get a discount if you book your next cruise while on your cruise?:scratchin

Jrlink,

We're not spending a lot of time in Nassau (been there, done that), and will take advantage of the ship without so many people. CC is to die for tho!!!!

Welcome!!!!

d

Thanks! Everyone is so nice here! Speaking of Nassau, does anyone know if the Atlantis water park is open to us? I know that we can go to the exhibits, but the water park looks really cool!

Also, has anyone had their hair braided at Castaway? Is it better to have it done there instead of Nassau? How long does it take? I don't want to waste a whole day getting my hair done!

unless you pay for a hotel room at Atlantis. Rather expensive from what I've heard...

Don't know about the hair braiding... Anyone???

d

Just wanted to say that I grew up in Bay Village, Steve is from North Ridgeville and I have an Uncle that lives in Sheffield Lake! Everybody sing...It's a small world afterall!
Colton will be 2 months shy of being 10. If your daughter doesn't think boys are yucky, we could get them together to play. [/B]

It is definately a small world! I grew up in Sheffield Lake and my husband grew up in Avon!

Kaila doesn't think that boys are icky. She'll play with anyone. We live on the lake and there are absolutely no kids on our street, so she's really looking forward to have friends to play with. I honestly don't think that I'll see much of Kaila. We told her that she can sign out of the lab when she wants, but she'll have to use her walkie talkie to ask for permission first, so that way we'll always know where she is.

One of my girls is very 'girly' and one is more 'tom boyish'. You will find one doing crafts in the lab, and the other is at the video games (with the boys). Although my tom boy is turning more girly every day, so who knows what will happen on this cruise.

DJ [/B]

Kaila is very girly like me, but she can be very tom boyish too. She's very well rounded. A little more girly than boyish though.

If your DD likes to, Nat will email her. (Since they're both only children, they can bond!!!)

d

We got the Cinderella stencil for my DD's room. It was SOOO easy to do. We also got the Princess chair border.

Along with the Cinderella stencil was a smaller stencil that said "Believe in Your Dreams". We put that on her door.

I know most of your kids are older but does anyone out there have younger kids? My daughter is 5. I don't think she would go to the Kids Camp without a friend.

JRLINK3 - We have tickets for MVMCP on the 17th. I am glad I got the tickets for that night. I am so afraid that something will happen with my flight in on the 16th that I wouldn't make it to MVMCP so I got the tickets for the 17th.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter