11 month question

Three cats

DIS Veteran
Hi. Was hoping to rent points for vacation dates of 12/01/18 to 12/14/18. I'm wondering what the 11 month booking date for that would be? Is it 11 months from 12/01?

Thanks for the info :)

These are busy, highly desirable dates. You're right to want your rental search to start immediately at 11 months. Be sure to get your rental arrangement set up well in advance so the person or agency you rent from is ready to pounce on the starting date.

At exactly 11 months out from arrival date, you can book only 7 nights. If you want 14 nights, you need to add nights, and for that time of year you should be adding an extra night daily until you have what you want. The time you want is THE highest DVC demand time of the year at WDW. Certain things -- AKV value and club level rooms, BWV standard and boardwalk view studios and 2BRs, VGF studios, BLT standard view rooms and theme park view studios -- can fill within seconds after the 11 month window opens on Jan 1 at 8 a.m. online in the morning. Other things may last longer but if you want any near park resort, you need to rent from someone who owns at the particular resort you want, which can be difficult to find for that time of year.

I was going to shoot for a studio at Old Key West. I didn't realize it could only be booked 7 days at a time. I was planning on using********** as I've used them in the past. I wonder if I should have a back up plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to shoot for a studio at Old Key West. I didn't realize it could only be booked 7 days at a time. I was planning on using************* as I've used them in the past. I wonder if I should have a back up plan?

You should be fine - talk to them now to se what they think. They will have to have OKW owners with points to rent to fill your request.

I was going to shoot for a studio at Old Key West. I didn't realize it could only be booked 7 days at a time. I was planning on using********** as I've used them in the past. I wonder if I should have a back up plan?

OKW studios are ones that will last for some time past the 11 month window, although they could be a problem at 7 months out. You can book only 7 nights at exactly 11 months out. If you actually waited until Jan 7, 2018, to reserve 12/1 to 12/14, you could book all 13 nights at once. Basically when making or adding days to a reservation you can reserve or add as many days as you want as long as the departure date from WDW is not more than 11 months plus 7 days from the day you attempt to make the reservation or addition. With an Old Key West studio, you will likely be safe even if you cannot make the reservation until 10 months out.

OKW studios are ones that will last for some time past the 11 month window, although they could be a problem at 7 months out. You can book only 7 nights at exactly 11 months out. If you actually waited until Jan 7, 2018, to reserve 12/1 to 12/14, you could book all 13 nights at once. Basically when making or adding days to a reservation you can reserve or add as many days as you want as long as the departure date from WDW is not more than 11 months plus 7 days from the day you attempt to make the reservation or addition. With an Old Key West studio, you will likely be safe even if you cannot make the reservation until 10 months out.
This is good to know, thank you. Chances are the point broker will most likely make me wait until 01/07 to book if that's the case.

OKW will still be in renovation stage for those dates. So it might be harder to get all 14 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter