11/25/15 Magic 4 night Thanksgiving Cruise anyone?

This will be our first Disney cruise! So excited. It will be my husband and me, and our sons who will be 10 and 6. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving on a cruise ship!
:yay:
~Andrea

Hello everyone!!!! Booked this cruise months ago but just revealed to the kids. So excited!!! :banana::banana:
This will be our second DCL cruise. Will be me , my DH, my DS (8) and DD (5). Can't think of a better place to celebrate Thanksgiving!! We will be located on Deck 5!
:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:
Ps. Whats the name of the FB group? Thanks!

So excited to see more people joining in! I am ridiculously excited for this holiday cruise!

Have any of you ever cruised on Thanksgiving before?

So excited to see more people joining in! I am ridiculously excited for this holiday cruise!

Have any of you ever cruised on Thanksgiving before?

Hi Anchored,

We haven't cruised Thanksgiving, but we have done Easter.

Also... if anyone has any questions, please ask away. We have sailed out of Miami on the Magic since it has been re-imagined. My girls are so excited about the new Rapunzel show!! This will be #9 for us. We are cruising the Fantasy this summer for #8.

Hi! We are maybes on this cruise for now-- I've put down a deposit, but I'm going to have to see how the airfare prices are as right now it is super high. We are booked on Deck 2 and we'll be sailing with DS (11) and DD (7). My parents will join us if we go-- my mom is also a breast cancer survivor! This would be our 4th cruise and our 4th time on the Magic! We haven't meant it to work out that way..... just seems like every cruise we want to take, it is the Magic. We've cruised before and after the re-imagination and we'll actually be on the Magic again this summer. This will be our first Thanksgiving cruise, our only other holiday sailing has been NYE.

Just transferred to this cruise this afternoon... Looks like it is almost sold out!! Snagged the last Cat 5A today! We were booked on the fantasy eastern CC for Feb 2016 but our district calendar for next year was just approved and we lost our Feb break due to a late start to the school year. So Thanksgiving it is! Doing a Land and Sea trip... 3 nights WDW/4 Night Cruise. Excited!! This will be our 4th cruise but first time on the Magic. We are DVC members and have done the 3 Night Dream, 7 Night Fantasy WCC, and 7 Night Fantasy ECC. Excited to try the Magic 4 night!!! Travelling with DH Erik, DD Kennedy (13), and DS Nick (10 going on 11 at the time). Booked on deck 7 midship!

We are booked for this cruise too, so excited! We are doing 3 nights at WDW and then heading down to Miami. Second Disney cruise, first time on the magic. It will be me, DH, DS just turning 11, and DD 6. My sister and her boyfriend are also joining us.

Hi All,
just checking in!!! I just checked the price for this cruise and it has gone up $2,000 since I booked it (Cat 4A, 2A-3C)!!! WOW!!!

A friend and I just booked this sailing last week for a "girls only" vacation with our daughters (10 & 11). Hubbies are staying at home on this sailing. This is her and her daughters first cruise ever and they are huge Disney fans so we are excited to share the DCL experience with them. This will be my eighth Disney cruise, 2nd Thanksgiving cruise and my 4th time on the Magic. I cannot wait to enter the atrium and see it all decked out for Christmas along with the aroma of gingerbread floating through the air.

Here is a video we made from our lasting DCL sailing on the Fantasy.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jl3v1rm4t5fl4/NFB_Dance

We moved an OBB to this cruise a few months ago, but we just decided that we're actually going to go! This will be our 5th DCL cruise, but first on the Magic. My DH, DD (12) and I will be traveling with DH's parents, in two 6A rooms. We'd love to find someone around DD's age for her to hang out with around the ship and at Edge. Can't wait to spend Turkey Day on Castaway Cay!!

Hi All~
We just sadly left the Dream on Monday but we now have this cruise to look forward to. First holiday sailing with Disney but our 8th overall. This will be our 4th trip on the Magic.

joanne

Hi everyone!

We just booked this and it will be our first Disney Cruise, first cruise ever for our kids. DH and I sailed Royal once about 4 years ago, so we are pretty inexperienced cruisers. We have 3 boys- they will be 17, 13 and 9 when we sail next year. Looking forward to planning and learning all there is to know about Disney Cruising!!

Tina

Hi everyone. Sadly we just had to cancel due to a run of rotten luck that drained our emergency and cruise funds. Maybe we can try again :( wishing you all a safe and happy voyage.

So excited to do a Disney Cruise at Thanksgiving. This will be my 7th cruise. We were at Disney World 2 years ago for Thanksgiving and seeing the Christmas decorations is even more magical. It will be me and my husband, my twin girls that are 21 (Yes 21! They still love cruising with Disney) and also my stepdaughter that is 12. This will be my husband and stepdaughters first cruise. My mom and My brother and his family will be joining us! Can't wait! P.S. My user name is married2Mickey cause that is my husband's name.:love2:

I just got an email from my travel agent saying they switched the port days for key west and castaway. Just wanted to let everyone know in case you already have things planned.

I just got an email from my travel agent saying they switched the port days for key west and castaway. Just wanted to let everyone know in case you already have things planned.

Hi Buckeye Girl!!

I got the email from DCL too.

This is a VERY GOOD THING!!! I've sailed to Key West on DCL a couple of times. When it is the first stop (from Miami or Port Canaveral), we did not have to go through customs to get off (because the ship did not leave the country).

When it makes stops outside the states BEFORE Key West (or any US port), EVERYONE has to go through customs. The US agents are on the ship and you need to line up, show you passport, etc... It is time consuming and a pain in the tush. The agents are efficient, and the line moves, but takes time.....

Long story short... I am happy with the change. Plus, we plan on dressing up for Thanksgiving Dinner. I like to stay at CC for as long as possible (we have 5:45 dinner), so it is a benefit it does not fall on Thanksgiving for us.

This change is about convenience to the passengers.

Last edited:
I'm glad it works out for you:) unfortunately we are pretty upset because we are huge buckeye fans and I promised my husband we would be watching the osu vs Michigan game from the keys we were really excited about it even had a bar picked out so we are very disappointed in the change:( we'll try to make the best of it though.

I'm glad it works out for you:) unfortunately we are pretty upset because we are huge buckeye fans and I promised my husband we would be watching the osu vs Michigan game from the keys we were really excited about it even had a bar picked out so we are very disappointed in the change:( we'll try to make the best of it though.

Oh no!! That stinks!!! My husband and son will be watching the games from O'Gills. Disney is promising to have games playing. I will cross my fingers your game will be!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter