10th Anniversary

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
Well, it's been a while, but we're heading back to HKDL early March!

It will only be a one day visit, on our way home from Thailand, and unfortunately it will be a Saturday. Since I mainly want to hit up Mystic Point (which wasn't open yet last time we were there) and FOTL (which has been down for maintenance on every trip so far!), and hopefully meet Mulan, it doesn't really bother me if it gets a bit crowded.

I know (from the Facebook page) that they're currently celebrating their 10th anniversary. Does anyone know anything about the celebrations? They seem to still have the normal parades going, but are there any special shows or anything? What about merchandise? I'll definitely be on the lookout for some of that!

they have special merchandise, new live show "Mickey and the Wondrous Book" - it has replaced "Golden Mickeys" , they have open “Fairy Tale Forest - Presented by PANDORA” - and some Disney Pandora to buy... new fireworks "Disney in The Starts", they even have 10th Anniversary Coca-Cola® Commemorative Bottle...and I must say I love the logo they did for this anniversary pixiedust:

Hong-Kong-Disneyland-10th-Anniversary-Logo.jpg

Last edited:
Create your unique souvenir with our first launch personalized 10th Anniversary key chain
We know every happy moment varies so our merchandise shops has specially prepared you a customizable merchandise, the personalized 10th Anniversary key chain so you can have your unique "Happily Ever After" souvenir!

This first launch personalized key chain is Hong Kong Disneyland 10th Anniversary themed, and there are a total of 22 accessories for you to freely add on with. A basic personalized design cost HK$198, it includes a magical book base, a Mickey head shaped key ring (or other key chains), a "Happily Ever After" wording accessory, a castle accessory and a Disney character accessory. A total of 5 components bring you your unique personalized 10th Anniversary key chain. If you want to make the key chain with more elements, you can add a "10" or Mickey head shaped dangle as well. What's more, you can also ask our cast members to engrave your initials on the Mickey head shaped dangle to make it the one and only.

Come visit Emporium and create your Personalized 10th Anniversary Key Chain, Magic Access Members can choose to add on an exclusive "Magic Access" dangle which has shimmering accessories surrounding the Mickey head and with "Magic Access Exclusive" engraved at behind! Create yours now!

20151216_1.jpg

That's great information, thanks Netimka! Will definitely try to catch that show, and the Fairy Tale Forest. Not sure if I'll have time to catch the fireworks before I have to leave for the airport, but I'll do my best! I love that logo too - I wonder if they have much merchandise with it?

saw lots on internet but couldn't remember where there where from lol HK Main st gazzette FB page got lots ...

12308294_1212721848741466_2855564992622847226_n.jpg

12249793_1202545799759071_8051242359813076269_n.jpg

12316542_1211876138826037_7886684470432339883_n.jpg

11737989_1198622540151397_2832323840635974342_n.jpg

HKD$488

12122550_1191844507495867_3576830454465339022_n.jpg

I was disappointed none of the 10th anniversary stuff was available in October; I presume the anniversary year is like November to November?

Oooh! Zanzibar....I might be pleading for you to get me some of those 10th anniversary pins!!!

And I wonder if they have any park exclusive pandora???

Get your shopping list in PIO - I'll do what I can :thumbsup2

Wendy I'm a bit confused about the timing of the 10th anniversary celebrations. They opened in September so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have started the celebrations then! But they have seemed to wait until after Halloween and tie it in with the Christmas season.

And I wonder if they have any park exclusive pandora???

they will have them... see the update from magic access site...

The 10th Anniversary is a time to treat yourself with something special. Hong Kong Disneyland has prepared a wide variety of unique souvenirs for you and your beloved to treasure your memories and happiness forever! We are holding hands with renowned jewelry brand PANDORA and a series of spellbinding PANDORA charms will be available this December in Disneyland! On top of over a hundred of classic accessories, more than thirty charms from PANDORA Disney Jewellery Collection including Iconic Mickey, Fairy Tale Princesses and Winnie the Pooh series are also released! Center Street's Boutique will be displaying the exclusive Disney Parks Collection with fourteen different items. Fans, be ready to get your favourite on this special occasion!

World-renowned PANDORA has a unique bracelet concept where each charm represents an unforgettable moment. Guests can freely choose from the Disney Parks Collection the very exclusive charms that belong to you and your beloved, and the sparkling charms will mark the special moments to tell your "Happily Ever After" story.

Start searching for your special charm for your special one, check out the PANDORA Disney Jewellery Collection!

We just got back from HK and Tokyo, both very different parks. We did enjoy the lack of crowds at HKDL, it's the complete opposite of Tokyo and the US parks on holidays/weekends. Minimal waits for everything, the longest line we encountered was Autopia, consistently at 30-45 minutes.

Mystic Manor is one of the best rides I've seen in any Disney park in the world. Over two days we rode it four times. Grizzly Gulch is like a mix between Expedition Everest and Big Thunder Mountain. Fairy Tale Forest is a nice little walkthrough, kinda like Storybook Canals but interactive and on land.

Mickey and the Wondrous Book does not show daily so check the schedule to see if it's showing when you go. You will also need to line up fairly early because the theater is not huge and they will turn people away when it fills up.

There is a special Anniversary celebration in front of the castle in the afternoon but if you aren't right in front, I don't think it was worth waiting for. With limited time, I would spend more time seeing the rest of the park. We were there for two days and the Paint the Night parade was cancelled both nights due to wet weather.

Tons of 10th Anniversary merchandise to choose from, we could have packed a whole suitcase full of merch but we were leaving for Tokyo DL and we knew we would buying a ton of stuff there.

Thanks thanks for this post! I'll be there in 8 days and am so super excited!!

just come across this HK exclusive Pandora photos, dont think they are only for 10th anniversary but we dont really have a post hear for merchandise so will just put them here
12705188_1255680437778940_6232261965141359111_n.jpg

12717486_1255680554445595_4931318575478361431_n.jpg

Zanzibar, were you at hk disney on the 3rd of March? Are you blonde with black sunnies and used your tablet to take pics?

Zanzibar, were you at hk disney on the 3rd of March? Are you blonde with black sunnies and used your tablet to take pics?

Close! We were there on the 5th, and I am blonde but didn't have a tablet :flower:

Actually the last time we were at DLR I got approached by random people asking if I was zanzibar lol!

Mickey and the Wondrous Book does not show daily so check the schedule to see if it's showing when you go. You will also need to line up fairly early because the theater is not huge and they will turn people away when it fills up.

Thanks for sharing your insights! How early before the show should we line up? We are planning to get there 30 min before the show. Is this early enough in late July?
Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter