102 degrees in DL this Friday?

My husband and I are flying down from Seattle Friday Night. We will be in DL Saturday and Sunday. I am SO hoping it isnt too hot. We hate the heat. LOL. Last year we went in May and it was triple digits all 3 days. (they broke records!) I thought it was fluke as I had also been the previous may and it was in the 70's. I can't believe its gonna happen again. I will still have a fabulous time tho!:dance3:

The reason I question it is because they are calling for 106 here in the central valley and if that actually happened it'd be the hottest May day in history. Any time they predict a record it always seems to turn out an exaggeration here.

weather.com has DL at 88 on Friday so 102 may be inaccurate

It will be close to 100 I think... I live in Venice and at the beach on that day it is supposed to be in the mid 80's.. so it makes since 30 miles inland that it would be near or around 100!

super hot is more like the 117 degrees we get in vegas during july and august, now that's hot!

That is HOT! It is supposed to be 106 here on Thursday in the San Francisco Bay area. And believe me for us that is hot. And 102 in Anaheim is miserable. I have been there when it has been in the low 90's and that was miserable. Because not only do you have the heat but you have the humidity from being so close to the ocean. Thankfully though when you are in Disneyland there are wonderful places that are air conditioned.

Michele
:goodvibes

I was there for the 100+ degree heat at the end of April with the Ladies Only group. There are some great places to get away from the heat:

Any inside show: Aladdin, Tiki Room, Billy Hill @ the Golden Horshoe, Golden Dreams, Tortilla Tour, Sourdough Tour, Animation Studio (Turtle Talk, etc.), Innoventions (Asimo show, Videophone with Stitch), HISTA (well, if you're that desperate) ;)

Outdoor, shady places to hide from the sun: Bug's Land, Redwood Creek play area, some places on TSI Pirate's Lair.

Or just go on GRR over and over again (remember FP's aren't connected to the system, so just keep gettin' them -- the standy que will be SUPER long).

Drink lots of water (refill at the Baby Center or First Aid station in DL with ice cold, filtered water), take it slow, and you can still have a good time.

I did notice Weather.com slightly different from accuweather.com... We were just there at DL and it was a trend that it was pretty chilly in the morning and evenings even if it was hot midday... It was hot when we went into Aladdin show around 6pm then we came out it was breezy and chilly.

Yikes! I hope not! It seems to me that weather.com is usually on the high side by about 5 degrees or so.

Hmmmm. It doesn't seem "normal" at all. In fact 102 would be at the record high. See Chart 2 and Table 1 in "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

I thought that the OP was talking more about it being that Hot in May.. Well it is normal to have funky weather from cold to blistering hot in Southern CA.

Our weather sometimes has no rhyme or reason. Especially with months right before and right after the summer months!

super hot is more like the 117 degrees we get in vegas during july and august, now that's hot!

I thought that the OP was talking more about it being that Hot in May.. Well it is normal to have funky weather from cold to blistering hot in Southern CA.

Our weather sometimes has no rhyme or reason. Especially with months right before and right after the summer months!

Thats all of California. Because it's the same way here.

Michele
:goodvibes

Sorry - it looks like I misunderstood your reference to "normal". I lived in SoCal for 28 years from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and inland, and like most places you are correct that it is hard to say what the weather will be like in May or September. It does appear that 102 is the record high though for May, with 40 being the record low (presumably at night).

Sorry - it looks like I misunderstood your reference to "normal". I lived in SoCal for 28 years from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and inland, and like most places you are correct that it is hard to say what the weather will be like in May or September. It does appear that 102 is the record high though for May, with 40 being the record low (presumably at night).

No problems.. I was born and raised in San Diego and now live in Venice. I have lived inland and at the beach.:) And have lived in a whole bunch of other states and countries inbetween!

I've been to DL about 20 times and never has it been over 90... I guess I've just been lucky (plus, we tend to avoid the summer months).

How is the queue for rides like Indiana in 95+ temperatures? It's in the shade but it seems like it has the potential to get kinda stuffy. Is the indoors portion of the Space Mountain queue kept cool? In that kinda heat standing in an air conditioned line would feel like a blessing.

the thought if being at DL when it is that hot make me nauseous:eek: boy I hope it is a freak heat wave and early June will be close to normal highs. Here in Vegas it gets so unbearable but add a little bit of humidity and.....it could be way worse! I lived really close to Anaheim growing up and don't remember it being that hot.

the thought if being at DL when it is that hot make me nauseous:eek: boy I hope it is a freak heat wave and early June will be close to normal highs. Here in Vegas it gets so unbearable but add a little bit of humidity and.....it could be way worse! I lived really close to Anaheim growing up and don't remember it being that hot.
Last June we were there for four days around June 24 and it never got above 82-83 degrees - which is typical for June.

IMO most people get too worked up about the temperatures at DLR. Yes, there are the 100 degree days. Sometimes. I have been there on such a day and still had a blast. But generally it averages mid-to-low 80's all summer long for the highs and is just not very hot. Most mornings start out at 68-70 degrees and at midnight it is back to low-70's. Some people will not be satisfied unless it is a constant 74 degrees round the clock day and night. I think DLR summer temperatures are ideal. ON AVERAGE.

IMHO people who will complain about high temps in the mid-to-low 80's and evening and morning temps in the low-70's will complain about anything... :cool2:

IMHO people who will complain about high temps in the mid-to-low 80's and evening and morning temps in the low-70's will complain about anything... :cool2:

They should spent a winter in Northern Canada, they wouldn't be complaining so much about the heat after that :rotfl:

I agree that over 100 degrees is really hot but if you have lots of water and take some breaks in the shade you should be fine, I would rather have nice weather over cold and rainy. JMHO

I just checked the Mega Doppler and the forecast reads 98 degrees Hot & Dry for Los Angeles Metro-Orange County.

Please wear light colored cotton clothing, hat, sunglasses sunscreen and keep hydrated with water.

I have a Premium Annual Pass and frequent DL/DCA very often. When the forecast predicts a Hot day, I generally will not go during the day. But I know not everyone can just head out to DL/DCA for the evening.

I would plan all the shows, naps, and lunch/snack times, pee-pee/diaper breaks all around that midday heat time! Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring our own spray bottles into the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter