100 pounds to WDW!!! (comments welcome!!)

Sorry Carole, but....

I am in Onderland!!!! 198.4 today! Wowzers! I fear something may be wrong with my scale but I got on 4x with the exact same result! Yesterday it was 199 but Saturday is my official day and I wanted to make sure it didn't go back up. So I find it hard to believe I lost so much in a day, but I know weight flucuates daily and I took it at 6:45 yesterday and not until 10:30 today, so maybe that is why too. However DH thinks our scale is busted. He weighed himself 4x this morning too and got 4 results. He goes to the dr Monday so hopefully they will weigh him there and he can then compare that to the scale at home. Next week AF will probably be here so I may not weigh in or it may show an increase so I am glad I lost the 2 lbs this week so I dont feel so bad next week if I am on my period and don't lose.

I decided to do measurements too since it had been a month since I did those. My pants are feeling a lot looser so i thought I'd have some major number jumps, but not really. My waist measurement was the SAME! :P But my hips were down a half inch and thighs were each down 1"! So I guess that explains the looser pants. My ribcage was down 1.25", bust down a half inch (DH will be sad), neck was the same, upper arm down .25". So overall I've lost inches and that's good.

I've been able to walk the dog longer now that DH isn't walking with me. So instead of just a half mile I've been walking closer to a mile. I know I need to increase it more but its still just so cold! We are supposed to even get snow again tomorrow. Boo!!! It is supposed to be SPRING. But I think that may be why I lost 2 lbs instead of just 1 this week.

Tonight DH and I are going to one of his friend's birthday party. It's at a pub. I do not drink so I don't have to worry about that but we are using it as our weekly 'cheat' meal so I plan on having dinner out then leaving to let them drink. I was looking at their menu online and I could be good and get a salad they have some yummy looking ones that look pretty healthy, BUT its been ages since I had a burger (or at least it feels that way) so I may go ahead and enjoy the burger and jump back on my diet tomorrow. I really think 'cheating' has its benefits. Not only does it help with everyday temptations, knowing you could have those things just not today, but also I think it speeds up the metabolism as long as you go back to eating less the next meal, because its expecting another big meal but you don't have one. Some people do a thing called Calorie Cycling where they eat really low for a day or two then high for a day then normal then low again, etc. But that's all way too confusing. I just have one high calorie meal a week and it may not even put me over. Last time we had pizza I tracked it and I was right at my calorie allotment for the day. My goal is 1700 calories or less a day and I rarely reach it unless it is a cheat day. I think that day this week where I forgot all my meds I was just at 1700 calories or just over so it wasn't really that bad. It just seemed bad because i was so darn hungry all day.

In WDW news I am awaiting December info to come out. I saw they put out the Halloween party stuff so I hope the MVMCP info comes out soon too. That starts in November right? So they should put out all the dates for Nov/Dec at once, right? I still don't know for sure what dates we're going. Crossing my fingers for the first week of the month because I am pretty certain there will be no specials the 2nd week and if that's the case that may sway DH to take his shot a day early for a few months to get his shot at the end of November instead of first of December. Right now I don't think he believes me that they don't put out specials the week of Pop Warner. That's because they are always sold out that week so why attract more customers?

Oh and I applied for two jobs within my company. It's not that I don't really like my job its just I am not using my masters degree (in human development counseling) and I dont feel like I have a way to advance within the Maintenance Department because I am not an engineer nor do I have mechanical tendencies so becoming in charge of such a department seems slim to none. The openings are in the Customer Service department. One is a backup type person. There is only one customer service rep, one production scheduler and one logistics/traffic person. So if any one of those are gone they have no backup besides their boss or each other. So they created a new position (i think they used to have it but about 4 years ago they laid off 40% of the staff and they are just reopening some of the positions) to be a backup for all of these positions and then have some other assistance type duties for all of these areas as well. So on the one hand this seems like a great opportunity to learn about all these other jobs to possibly move up to but it also sounds pretty high stress and makes me wonder if I would even be able to get a week off to go to WDW. Then the other job is the one customer service rep is retiring in September. Which is a long ways off but they are hiring for it now since they think they could probably use the same pool of candidates and also that would give someone a chance to work with the current person and have clients meet him/her, etc. Since there will now be a backup person I think I should be able to go to WDW too. lol But at the same time for some reason my brain thinks Customer Service Rep is a step down. Mainly because I think of retail stores customer service department or a call center or something I guess. I don't know. I need to get over it. My degree while not utilized here either will be more in use since I will be dealing with more people. A counseling degree is pretty much just a how to effectively communicate with other people and teach them to communicate with other people. So it fits with a lot of jobs. Also in customer service I feel like I could move up to be in charge of the customer service department (it encompasses the logistics and scheduling too) or move within that OR alternatively if we wanted to move or get another job it is broader than what I am currently doing and I could likely find another job doing the same thing or higher up in another company. While what I am doing now is a hodge podge of all things maintenance. I am basically an admin doing data entry and reports but I also doing buying and I backup the maintenance scheduler.

My point of sharing all of that is hopefully I get a new position (with a raise!) but if I do i wonder if it will mess with my vacation plans. I have 15 days this year it just went up because I have been there 5 years now. So i was definitely planning on using all of those days but I wonder with a new job if I will be able to.

Hopefully it will all work out! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS ELIZABETH!!!!!!! party:

I am so excited for you :) But I am NEXT! (hopefully soon)

Happy job searching/hunting/envisioning. Look at all the angles and find what is best for you. And remember, you are allowed to mention that you have a vacation already planned. Employers like honesty!

Thanks!!!

I walked the dog 1.75 miles today!! Woohoo! Then I showered afterwards and couldn't resist stepping on the scale again even though I had ate and drank. 198.8. :cool1: So happy.

Well I best start getting ready for that silly party. (i am not a party person)

Forgot to change my ticker earlier! 44% I like the sound of that! Almost halfway!!!

I am home from the party. DH is not. I ate too much. I was full after half my burger but I stupidly finished it. At least I ate less than half my fries and had a tiny piece of cake. There was another couple at the party who live 45 minutes away and were thinking of staying in town tonight. They asked me if I knew a cheap hotel. First I was like 'no, never stayed a hotel here...' Then I was like 'wait, we have a spare room! You can spend the night with us!' So they are all 'are you sure??? Okay...order me another big beer!' etc etc. So i leave after we eat and have cake and run home to clean that bedroom and the bathrooms (i was going to do that tomorrow) and vacuum... I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things to at least look presentable for company. Not that the house is awful its just we were going to clean Sunday. So just about when I am done I notice I have a text. The husband of the couple apparently had a headache and just wanted to go home instead of staying out drinking all night. So they quit drinking and were hanging out til they felt okay to drive home. Sigh. I was done with everything except dusting (which i was considering skipping anyway) and vacuuming stairs. So I just finished what I was doing (putting clean sheets on spare bedroom...I figure it will be ready to go for next time). I'm not even upset about it though. I am happy I now I have tomorrow 'off' to do whatever (DH can dust and do stairs) and I felt like I had a good workout after my dinner. :rotfl: We have 2 stories and a basement and I was running up and down both flights of stairs constantly for about an hour cleaning before I found out they weren't coming. :faint:

So now I am just waiting to pick DH up. Debating on getting ready for bed and picking DH up in jammies or staying dressed and pretty for when he gets home. ;)

Ugh. I did way too much yesterday. Every muscle in my body aches. I guess I am taking a rest day today...

I am so not ready for WDW yet!

Holy Wow!

You did it! Onederland!! Congratulatiins! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Keep up the awesome work! And good luck with the promotion/new position applications. Broadening your horizons is always great!

Holy Wow!

You did it! Onederland!! Congratulatiins! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Keep up the awesome work! And good luck with the promotion/new position applications. Broadening your horizons is always great!

Thanks!! I hope something new is coming up. I'm bored to tears most days at work. Don't get me wrong I'm busy. I'm just BORED. :cat:

So I took Sunday off to rest and it was much needed. I hurt so bad. But then the rest of the week i've been doing my walking and exercises. I stepped on the scale today and it said 198.0! Woohoo! I wonder where AF is...she's not late but my PMS has been especially bad this month so I want her to show up sooner than later. Some months I don't have it at all and other months its horrid like this month. I am not on bcp since DH and I are 'not preventing' and 'hoping for a miracle' but I can barely stand acne breakouts, sore ****s and crying at a drop of a hat thing for so long. :P

Meanwhile I've been spending my spare time reading trip reports....popcorn::

I think I have a problem.... :upsidedow

Page04_zpsb8a443f9.jpg
Great picture! :goodvibes

I know this sounds bad but usually when DH is home I like spending time with him and not exercising so when he's not home I feel like I should take advantage of that and do things I usually don't on weeknights.
I am the same way. We end up sitting on the couch for far too many hours a night.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing an amazing job!! I count calories on myfitnesspal.com which seems to be working for me :)

Pass the trip reports! popcorn::

Problem? What problem? :3dglasses

Well I've been reading ones on the DIS of course but I also found this amazing site Disney Tourist Blog that has trip reports. They have amazing pictures (did I already say that?). EasyWDW is probably still my favorite Disney blog.

Great picture! :goodvibes

I am the same way. We end up sitting on the couch for far too many hours a night.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing an amazing job!! I count calories on myfitnesspal.com which seems to be working for me :)
Thanks MamaJessie! I love that picture too. I have no idea what I was telling Minnie.... :)

DH has been walking with me but I need to keep walking longer. DH and I do tend to sit around and watch tv all night. He hurts so I usually rub him at least an hour. :crazy2: I sometimes get some back rubbing while I am rubbing his legs but still not fun.

Tonight we walked again and then went to the store to get stuff for Easter dinner. DH's dad and brother are coming for dinner. His mom and sister are going to NC to visit his aunt for Easter. We are having a pork roast, cheesy broccoli, mashed potatoes (i think he wants them I don't think it really goes, I think we should do whole potatoes in the roast so we'll see who wins) and then I am making lemon bars!! Dessert was the hardest part to decide for me. I have the sweet tooth. DH would rather indulge in the savory meats and dinner portion (which is why I let him choose) and I could have ice cream for dinner every night and be happy. :) I really want to get Easter candy too but DH stopped me. I still might though...it IS a holiday. :rotfl2: I love Peeps, Reese's peanut butter eggs and pastel M&Ms. mmmm

Anyway enough about candy...I want to stay IN Onederland!!! Yay for DH keeping me on track! :cheer2:

Also I am so excited the next promotion has been announced! That means the NEXT one should include my Disney dates! :hyper:

Hey there, just checking in to see how your progress is going? Have a rockin' awesome weekend! :)

:wave2: Hi! Thanks for checking in. I've been meaning to update. I've been doing good exercise wise. Still walking the dog daily but DH has been going with me so the walks are still pretty short. I also finally bought some weights from Aldi. They had a set of 3, 5 and 8 lb weights come out in jan or feb but they were 30 bucks which while its a good deal its still seemed like 'alot' to me and i didn't 'need' all those weights. So I waited til they dropped the price. They finally dropped the price to 19.99 and I scooped them up. The price for 2 5 lbs weights is at least 12 dollars because I've been looking at those and it is nice to have 3 options to work up to and change the workout. So for the past 2 days I've been using those in the morning too after my plank then mini yoga thingy I do. I just do 1 or 2 exercises for just 10 reps and I started with the 3 just for 'fun' (i thought) but turns out my weak little arms are actually challenged by 3 lb weights. It seems simple at first but by rep 10 I am feeling it!

In other news I am worried I didn't lose any weight since last weigh in. It was my time of the month so I skipped last week. Then I weighed myself the day after my period ended and it said i was 199.2! Wha?? So that was a few days ago I am hoping I am just retaining water. I really hope I havent gained. I will even be upset if I didn't lose but less upset than if I gained. :sad: I knew once I hit the 190s I would start having a tough time. Hopefully the weights will be what I need to keep going. They say muscle burns more calories than fat so my goal is to gain some muscle so I can burning more calories while sitting at my desk at work. :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!! pixiedust:

Saturday - 198.2 Boo! Down .2 lbs in 2 weeks?! Bah. I think this was mainly because we had pizza Friday night. I ate within my calories though..

Sunday 197.0! I stepped on 4x I think this is the right weight. DH and I just had spinach salads for dinner because we both felt bad about the pizza. lol Still 1.4 lbs in 2 weeks isn't the best but its way better than .2 lbs.

Also DH weighed in at 317.8! Woohoo for DH! He is definitely doing great!

I know I know I just upated but when I was updated DH's weight on the google spreadsheet I liked how I could see his progress all at once.

I track my weight on Spark People and Fat Secret. I like the graph I get to see there but I don't see the exact weights unless I hover over the dots. So I decided to look at those graphs today and realized my weight 12/1 was 222 not 220! :eek: So I plan to update my ticker accordingly...lol :woohoo:

Also i thought I would share our spreadsheet information since it really gives me a sense of accomplishment for both DH and I. :yay:

My WDW Challenge
12/1/2012 222.2
12/9/2012 216.4
12/16/2012 214.4
12/23/2012 212.8
12/30/2012 213
1/7/2013 211.2
1/20/2013 209
1/28/2013 207.6
2/4/2013 206.4
2/17/2013 205.4
2/23/2013 203.8
3/10/2013 201.8
3/23/2013 198.4
4/7/2013 197

DH's WDW Challenge
12/15/2012 350
2/4/2013 340
2/23/2013 336
3/2/2013 332
3/9/2013 329
3/17/2013 326
3/23/2013 323
3/31/2013 321
4/7/2013 317

These also visually make it easier to see how many Disney GC I 'owe' us. I got a 5% target coupon for pharmacy rewards so I plan to buy more gift cards than normal this month since we will essentially get 10% off.

OMG I just realized that by changing my start weight to 222 I am HALFWAY TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Congrats on Onederland!! That is awesome!!

Also, super job for your dh!! My dh and I are both working on our last 50-60 pounds...we will follow y'alls journey and encourage you!!

I took a break from losing for the past 6 months, now I'm finally ready to get back to it and hopefully get it all off in the next 5...these are the best months to lose, easy to be active, no snow to slow us down! You can do this!! Here's to 180s!! :)

Congrats on Onederland!! That is awesome!!

Also, super job for your dh!! My dh and I are both working on our last 50-60 pounds...we will follow y'alls journey and encourage you!!

I took a break from losing for the past 6 months, now I'm finally ready to get back to it and hopefully get it all off in the next 5...these are the best months to lose, easy to be active, no snow to slow us down! You can do this!! Here's to 180s!! :)

Congrats on your loss too! Were you able to maintain the last 6 months? That is the hard part (to me). Once I hit 172 I plan on maintaining that for I don't know how long before I decide if I want to lose more. I was not happy the last time I was in 170s but I was active and looked great in hindsight, so I may be content with just being 'overweight' in the 170s instead of striving in vain for 140s (which I never attain) to be a 'healthy weight'.

I agree spring and summer is so much easier to lose. It is hard to go out there when its negative degrees and snow. But we've been walking at least a short bit each day regardless of the weather (maybe not in pouring rain). So working out in spring and summer should be a peice of cake! Also its grilling out weather so eating grilled meats and veggies and salads with fresh berries! Yum! ::yes::

Good luck to all of us!!

Oh and I think I knew before I was 222 when i started but I rounded down for even numbers. Well I don't care about even numbers anymore. I just want to go to Disney! :rotfl: 172 will still get me out of the obese range. 146-174 is considered 'overweight' for my height but I will take overweight instead of obese!

You guys are doing GREAT! Wahoooo! I also find it nicer to see the actual numbers. I mean, I love the downward arc of the graph but the numbers are so much nicer. :)
:beach: Can't wait for the grillin'. Mmmmmm mmmmm! And the outdoors walkin'. And the fresh fruits. And the swimmin'. :rotfl: I looooooooove summer.
Just remember, every .1 pound is that much closer. You're doing great, you have a goal, you're OWNING this! Wooot!

Thanks DisneyMagicMama!!!

I stepped on the scale today (just to check on things) and I'm still at 197.0. I almost think its odd that i got the same exact reading. I hope our scale isn't broken... :lmao:

I've been trying to do at least 1 or 2 dumb bell exercises each morning after my plank. I think i said that before but I've actually been doing them so that's good. DH and I are still walking the dog daily too. Today we went further than usual. I wanted to show him a house. We can't afford to get siding anytime soon but we want to reside our house. I would prefer to keep it white with black shutters but DH doesn't like 'plain' white. So I've decided GRAY siding, white trim and black shutters with a red door. :rotfl2: I am so adventurous. But really you shouldn't go nutty on house colors that's just asking for a nosedive in price. Anyway, my point is. There is a house a few blocks from here with that combo that I wanted to show him. I thought we would walk to the house, turn around and come home but he wanted to continue going forward down that street and up and over back to our house. It's just under a mile and we're used to only doing a half mile. He was hurting pretty bad by the end and walking slow but he did it. :)

The weather has started to get cold again and rainy. We might have a wintery mix tomorrow night. That's just not right in APRIL. :P Oh well hopefully it will warm back up soon.

Well no WEIGHT loss this week. :guilty: Actually it is up to 197.4 but I've been having tummy troubles without getting into TMI so I am guessing its probably right around 197. So to try to make myself feel better I decided to do measurements a week earlier than normal. Last measurements were 3/23. Since then I lost an INCH off my waist and a half inch off my ribcage. All other measurements were the same but that is okay because last time I lost everywhere but my waist. So I am happy that is going down. :woohoo:

DH didn't lose any weight either this week. I think we must have eaten too much. He also didn't walk with me everyday because he was hurting. I guess we need to buckle down. I just need to start eating less now that I weigh less. I am still eating the same amount I was when I started losing weight. Apparently that is too much.

Soo good news and bad news (kinda). Yesterday I did a lot of yard work since we had an unexpected nice day (it was supposed to storm but it didn't start until after 7pm). Today my arms, shoulders and back hurt. Oh well. Good workout! I skipped my weights today due to arms hurting, but still did my plank, stretching and walk.

Then today since it was 40/50 degrees (heat wave!) I thought I'd break into some spring clothes for work. But everything is so big! My winter stuff was getting big but I could have sworn my spring/summer stuff was getting small last year so I thought they would fit nicely now but i guess i passed that weight. lol It looked way too big on me but I wore it anyway. My jeans are even getting too big. I am wearing 16s and 14s and my 16s are getting really baggy. Which is nice but I only have 2 pairs of 14s and I wear jeans to work so I need to go jeans shopping. :P So that's good and bad news too because I don't really have money for new clothes but I need some. I may check out some 2nd hand stores.

In other news, my interview for those customer service jobs are tomorrow. I am nervous. I KNOW I can do either job but I really suck at interviews. My mind just goes blank. Then I think it did horrible or really well and regardless I dont get the job so I am at a loss on what I do wrong/right. When I ask for feedback (when I can) they all say I do well they just went with someone more experienced. :crazy2: I've been at my company 5 years now and even though it isn't in customer service I still think that makes me pretty qualified. Oh well I guess we'll see. I should probably go prepare.... Pixie dust will be appreciated! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter