10% off Target gc today only

Hook326

DIS Veteran
I know people had been asking about this earlier and didn’t see that this had been posted yet. Sorry if it’s a duplicate. I know I’ll be grabbing some!

What's the most you've ever bought in Target gift cards that you e been able to successfully use to buy Disney gift cards?

I got $600 worth this morning. They let me buy one right after the other (2 $300 cards). I'll use them later this week to buy 2 Disneyland 2-day hoppers and Disney gc with the remainder.

So the computer is not tracking each credit card’s purchase? So I could keep buying $300 gift cards for $270 at various Targets today?

So the computer is not tracking each credit card’s purchase? So I could keep buying $300 gift cards for $270 at various Targets today?
Nope. We bought $900 in target gift cards this morning, 3 transactions, 1 credit card. Same target store, different registers.

I bought many $300.00 cards, different transactions, different stores. One employee did say they could ring up a second transaction after $300.00, but I did not try it Also one store told me cards were good at noon tomorrow, not 10am. That is different. But you never know, could be wrong information.

The receipt just says December 4th, no specific time given. I plan on heading to mine when they open at 8am and will report back. If I remember, lol
Please do. I have to go to the dentist at 8 and was hoping to swing by target on my way into work. But if they aren’t activated until 10 am ct I’ll wait until after work.

I bought mine this morning and the cashier did tell me I couldn't use it until after 10am tomorrow (December 4th).

I bought $4200 worth of Target gift cards today with the help of friends and family. Going to turn them all into Disney gc to pay off our trip next month.

I was able to buy multiple $300 cards in separate transactions. No problem at all.

So there's no doubt Target GCs can be used to purchase Disney GCs?

The manager at my local Target affirmed Target gift cards can be used to buy Disney gift cards in store but not online. But the cards are refundable, so you can get your money back if you hit a snag.

So there's no doubt Target GCs can be used to purchase Disney GCs?
ONLY in store. And no, nothing about this is "no-doubt". Fairly certain yes. Because people have re-assurance from Target on facebook we act like there is no doubt but there are a couple- only like 2 or 3 targets across the country according to people who post on the DIS- whose machines are hard coded to not allow this, so there is literally no way for this to be done at those stores so be aware if you haven't tried it and you simply have horrible luck and have one of those targets. If you are like 99% of us it should work to purchase Disney gift cards in store tomorrow. Other impediments can include a cashier who won't allow you to try (come back when a different shift is on), a manager who limits the amount of Disney you may purchase at one time (just make multiple trips), a manager who has instructed their staff this is not allowed (get those screenshots out and gear up for a fight- or find another Target). [Also, you can use screenshots from Facebook but any manager worth their salt who has decided this is not allowed will simply take your gift card, turn it over, and point out the "This gift card be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the U.S." term that is printed on the back of the card and then proceed to say what a customer service rep said online doesn't matter. Yep, these are absolute, worst-case scenarios that many of us will not face- but they are possible.

ONLY in store. And no, nothing about this is "no-doubt". Fairly certain yes. Because people have re-assurance from Target on facebook we act like there is no doubt but there are a couple- only like 2 or 3 targets across the country according to people who post on the DIS- whose machines are hard coded to not allow this, so there is literally no way for this to be done at those stores so be aware if you haven't tried it and you simply have horrible luck and have one of those targets. If you are like 99% of us it should work to purchase Disney gift cards in store tomorrow. Other impediments can include a cashier who won't allow you to try (come back when a different shift is on), a manager who limits the amount of Disney you may purchase at one time (just make multiple trips), a manager who has instructed their staff this is not allowed (get those screenshots out and gear up for a fight- or find another Target). [Also, you can use screenshots from Facebook but any manager worth their salt who has decided this is not allowed will simply take your gift card, turn it over, and point out the "This gift card be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the U.S." term that is printed on the back of the card and then proceed to say what a customer service rep said online doesn't matter. Yep, these are absolute, worst-case scenarios that many of us will not face- but they are possible.

Have they been known to limit the amount of Disney gift cards you can buy with a Target gift card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter