10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

Great trip report as always. I so enjoy your pictures. You always have great ideas for meals, cocktails and shopping.
You and Tom have the happiest smiling faces on your pictures. You can tell you are having a great time.

Your trip report has been the best medicine while I have been recovering from recent health issues. Definitely brought a big smile to my face for sure.

I’am looking forward to taking the grandchildren to Voodoo donuts. The donuts looked yummy.

PBH, RPR and SF have the nicest, happiest people I have ever encountered at resorts in all my travels. They do make everyone feel special as you mentioned. It is so nice that they have become like family to you and Tom.

You look great and your new handbag is very nice and suits you well.

Your May trip will be here before you know it.

Great trip report as always. I so enjoy your pictures. You always have great ideas for meals, cocktails and shopping.
You and Tom have the happiest smiling faces on your pictures. You can tell you are having a great time.

Your trip report has been the best medicine while I have been recovering from recent health issues. Definitely brought a big smile to my face for sure.

I’am looking forward to taking the grandchildren to Voodoo donuts. The donuts looked yummy.

PBH, RPR and SF have the nicest, happiest people I have ever encountered at resorts in all my travels. They do make everyone feel special as you mentioned. It is so nice that they have become like family to you and Tom.

You look great and your new handbag is very nice and suits you well.

Your May trip will be here before you know it.

Thank you so much Robo.......I appreciate the comments and so glad you enjoyed it while you were recovering..........

Yes May is just around the corner, for you too.......and I`m sure you`ll love Voodoo Doughnut........:)

forget at times how flat it truly is in Florida. When on a high floor of resorts in that area often able to see the lights of what I assume is Universal area past the Eye & the big bungee thingie, but always unable to pick out specific buildings. Cool, the balloon was so visible.

I am blown away by the send off you received. Goes above & beyond good service, that’s the sign of good friends wishing you happy trails

My stomach did a flop for you after reading the flight description, not quite intrepid as you in that regard lol. Have only flown over large bodies of water a handful of times, for some reason it gives me the willies.

Closed it out with a bang!:thumbsup2 Soon, it’ll be time to fire up the next one, love the way you roll!

Last edited:
With the last post of your flight returning home, almost seems to me like another “trip”

I found it fascinating to read
Loved all the details in it!

It's a good thing that May is almost here.
Won't have to wait too long for another Trip Report :-)
Really enjoy following along!

I'm still hoping to sneak in a Universal trip this fall.
DD wants to go to WDW for her bday in October, since she wants to experience the Avatar area.
She's been going to WDW since she was 2, so I guess a brand loyalty has been established, lol!

I've converted to Universal, since Harry Potter came into town!

I always hate to see your reports end but now you're living the dream in retirement I can look forward to your next one soon...I can truly see and hear you and Tom through your detailed descriptions...Love you guys.

Another wonderful trip report!! Your trip reports make me even more excited for my June trip!! I’m looking forward to your May report as I’ll be there in early June.

One quick question, if I want to take my nephews to the Sapphire Falls pool do you recommend walking through the connected hallway near the convention area?

.if we don't want to do it we don't have to. We hear so many conversations from people trying to fit so much in during their time here, and at times kids are groaning they`re tired or want to go do some pool time.........it must be hard.
We have adopted this tour style now at Disney=there so much (with the kiddo in the DCP) that it is really nice to just chill and do what we want.
the London one was busy, really busy.........
Might have to do the Orlando Eye this summer. Did a similar one in Vegas a few years ago-they were running a special where you get a private car with bartender...

We go to Bed Bath and Beyond, where I buy a few things I had forgotten last visit.......and some things I didn't think I wanted.
I take for granted the stores we have here. I don't usually go unless I need something specific-and then I use my 20% off coupon...Love this store.

I went to Portland for work last year (where VooDoo Donuts started). My hotel was a block away from VooDoo..
We were in Portland a couple years ago and waited in line at about midnight one night-so much fun. The people you meet! We ended up with a dozen doughnuts and we were only going to be there a few more days...sadly not all the doughnuts were eaten, although I did taste every one LOL.

you’d be more than welcome there.....we chat about .......yep.......nothing sometimes........:rotfl:but everyone is friendly........
I second that! Nicest group on the boards.

Looking forward to UOR this summer. We were at Disney for a few days overlapping when you were on this trip-wish could have made the trip to UOR-but my DD was using her former roommates earned passes-and as she was spending her days off letting DD in to parks (the CM has to be there for first entry with the free tickets) we decided the trip over to UOR wasn't happening. One of these days...But I have (had?) your TR to get me through :) Gorgeous pictures of everything! Sapphire resort looks soooo beautiful

When will you be there in May? Drop off for DD is May 21-I will be in town from late on the 18-21 (fly out afternoon of 21st).

forget at times how flat it truly is in Florida. When on a high floor of resorts in that area often able to see the lights of what I assume is Universal area past the Eye & the big bungee thingie, but always unable to pick out specific buildings. Cool, the balloon was so visible.

I am blown away by the send off you received. Goes above & beyond good service, that’s the sign of good friends wishing you happy trails

My stomach did a flop for you after reading the flight description, not quite intrepid as you in that regard lol. Have only flown over large bodies of water a handful of times, for some reason it gives me the willies.

Closed it out with a bang!:thumbsup2 Soon, it’ll be time to fire up the next one, love the way you roll!

It really is flat isn’t it!! We are surrounded by hills here......so it’s very different.......and the weather of course is the biggest difference for us!!

Yes, I actually had tears in my eyes when he said he was coming out to say goodbye........makes you feel ultra special really........especially when I know how busy the man is!

I love bumpy flights.......lol.........and as to flying across a very deep and very dark Atlantic Ocean, I try not to think too deeply on it.........:scared:

Thanks Janet......always glad to hear you enjoyed reading it again.......:D

With the last post of your flight returning home, almost seems to me like another “trip”

I found it fascinating to read
Loved all the details in it!

Thanks mac..........

I’m always glad to know you enjoy it too........you know Universal and RP probably better than most on here, so you know exactly what I’m talking about..........

Thanks for the lovely comments.......:-)

It's a good thing that May is almost here.
Won't have to wait too long for another Trip Report :-)
Really enjoy following along!

I'm still hoping to sneak in a Universal trip this fall.
DD wants to go to WDW for her bday in October, since she wants to experience the Avatar area.
She's been going to WDW since she was 2, so I guess a brand loyalty has been established, lol!

I've converted to Universal, since Harry Potter came into town!

And thank you too J’aime Paris..........

Oh try and get her to go to Universal........we all know it’s so much better........:duck: :D

Thank you so much for joining in and keeping me company on this one too........it’s been a pleasure.........:)

I always hate to see your reports end but now you're living the dream in retirement I can look forward to your next one soon...I can truly see and hear you and Tom through your detailed descriptions...Love you guys.

Thanks Vicki.........

Always good to know you enjoyed it too........

Yep, early retirement has been everything we hoped it would be.........

Thanks again......nice to have you along.......:)

Thanks once again for taking the time to share your trips with us. I always enjoy reading along.

Hey.......Dynamoliz........

Lovely to see you post........

Thank you so much........I’m glad you had enjoyed reading this one too........it’s nice to hear that........:)

Another wonderful trip report!! Your trip reports make me even more excited for my June trip!! I’m looking forward to your May report as I’ll be there in early June.

One quick question, if I want to take my nephews to the Sapphire Falls pool do you recommend walking through the connected hallway near the convention area?

If you’re walking from RP to get to the pool at Sapphire you’d be quicker using the outside path.......the conference/ballroom area walk will take you out at the farthest point from the pool over there........not much in it really, but outside path is closer.

I’m so glad you were reading along and liked it.......it means a lot to hear that.......

Thanks so much........and June will be here before you know it........:wave2:

We have adopted this tour style now at Disney=there so much (with the kiddo in the DCP) that it is really nice to just chill and do what we want.

Might have to do the Orlando Eye this summer. Did a similar one in Vegas a few years ago-they were running a special where you get a private car with bartender...

I take for granted the stores we have here. I don't usually go unless I need something specific-and then I use my 20% off coupon...Love this store.

We were in Portland a couple years ago and waited in line at about midnight one night-so much fun. The people you meet! We ended up with a dozen doughnuts and we were only going to be there a few more days...sadly not all the doughnuts were eaten, although I did taste every one LOL.

I second that! Nicest group on the boards.

Looking forward to UOR this summer. We were at Disney for a few days overlapping when you were on this trip-wish could have made the trip to UOR-but my DD was using her former roommates earned passes-and as she was spending her days off letting DD in to parks (the CM has to be there for first entry with the free tickets) we decided the trip over to UOR wasn't happening. One of these days...But I have (had?) your TR to get me through :) Gorgeous pictures of everything! Sapphire resort looks soooo beautiful

When will you be there in May? Drop off for DD is May 21-I will be in town from late on the 18-21 (fly out afternoon of 21st).

I loved those doughnuts!!! Will definitely enjoy them on future trips........

It’s funny the way we Brits love some of the stores that as you say, are just there........but they’re just so different for us.......we do have some lovely stores here......but something about shopping over there just seems better.......any excuse.......:laughing:

We arrive May 11th and leave 21st.........yes, we love Sapphire Falls........it’s just so pretty and has that same warm feeling RP has for us.........looking forward to staying there..........

Thanks for reading along and glad you enjoyed it........:wave2:

If you’re walking from RP to get to the pool at Sapphire you’d be quicker using the outside path.......the conference/ballroom area walk will take you out at the farthest point from the pool over there........not much in it really, but outside path is closer.

I’m so glad you were reading along and liked it.......it means a lot to hear that.......

Thanks so much........and June will be here before you know it........:wave2:

Thanks Schumi!! I didn’t know about the walking path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!