10 Nights @ Disney

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
What would you do? I'm leaning toward only 6 or 7 days of park tickets. We will be going in June and have never done water parks. Considering one day at the beach. One day for resort and Disney Springs? How would you spend 9 full days?

June = Rain

We had 10 days/9 nights, this past June, with 8 day tickets. Plans were scrapped due to rain a couple of times and a few evenings didn't pan out as I thought. We weren't able to hit some of our much-anticipated itinerary, as a consequence. Get the max number of days you'll be able to go so that working around the weather isn't a big deal. Having the opportunity for just a few hours in the park would have helped check some cool stuff off the list and afforded the pool time my kids wanted. We did tour in the rain, but it got really old by the end of our vacation. Thank goodness we met some fun people at the resort and hanging out with them was a blast!

We usually go for around 9 nights in the summer. We either have had APs or get 10 day tickets with hopper. We will often go to most parks twice.

Sometime we may just go to Epcot for dinner and want to be able to enter the park if needed or we may want to watch fireworks in a park after hanging at the resort all day.

We may spend a day or two at the resort and not go to a park but want to be able to change our minds and will often get FPs at a park just in case.

We have only done a water park once and it was not really my thing, but the kids really liked it.

Hope you have a great time!:flower:

My recommendation based on our families experience is to use Disney as a restful vacation. You’ll be able to get your fastpasses for pretty much every ride you want (towards your 5-10 Days). Use that to your advantage. We always sleep in, go to the pool or a water park, then hit the parks after noon. The extra rest in the mornings pays off at the end of the trip. You won’t feel like you have to go 100mph in the parks since you’ll come back. Take one each day to have at least one sit down meal as a family. You’ll love it and then you’ll actually feel relaxed from a Disney vacation. It is possible. Plus, if you plan your fastpasses well, it’s possible to avoid ever waiting in lines. Have a great time.

Our typical trip is either 12 or 13 nights, with 10 day park tickets, and a day, or two, in the middle of the trip where we don't go to a park. That gives us a chance to have a break from the long park days, and rest up a bit. We use those off days for Disney Springs, or to enjoy some things outside of Disney property.

We tend to book 5 day tickets for a 10 day trip. I get the waterparks and we do that once or twice. We do Downtown Disney once or twice too. I like MK for 2 days and 1 for every other park.

We are going for 14 days in late May into June- planning on the following:

First 4 days at Vero Beach- leaving 10 days at WDW
1 day DHS
1.5 days AK
1.5 days blizzard beach/typhoon lagoon
2 days- resort/Disney Springs
2 days Epcot
2 days MK

My ideal trip is two weeks. Been a while since I've been able to do that. But when we try to see everything verses just picking one or two parks to focus on, we've found we need:

AK - 1.5 days (this was before they added Pandora)
HS - 1.5 days (again before all the construction and new stuff that is planned)
  • I'm thinking now, we might want 2 days at both of the above once everything is open.

Epcot - 2 days

MK - 2.5 to 3 days

We love the water parks if the weather cooperates and also like to plan down time to rest at the resort and visit DS.

we were at WDW from June 24-July 8. I bought 10 day park hopper with waterparks tickets. I would do this again.

What would you do? I'm leaning toward only 6 or 7 days of park tickets. We will be going in June and have never done water parks. Considering one day at the beach. One day for resort and Disney Springs? How would you spend 9 full days?

Can you swing the water park and park hopper options? That's what I'd suggest. We're fortunate in that our summer trips are very long, over 2 weeks. But that started only a few years ago, before that we did 10 day trips several times. We loved park hoppers (and still do) because it allowed us to do days where we'd do a water park in the morning and a theme park in the evening, or vice versa. Same with Disney Springs. We'd usually go there for a relaxing evening after a day in the parks. Everyone does things differently, but we're not one to spend a full day in the "resort" (we stay offsite, but the places we stay have full resort amenities). We'll spend 1/2 day there, sure, but not a full day.

After 7 days, days 8,9,and 10 are only 10 dollars a day. I would get ten day tickets because you could go to a park just to do a couple fast passes and/or dinner at a favorite restaurant as part of a mostly restful resort day.

If I were you I would buy the full 10 day tickets. After 5 days the per day cost is pretty cheap. That way if you just wanted to do a park for a couple hours you can. Our last trip was 8 days and we slept in many of the days. With FP+ you don't need to do rope drop when you can do that many days in the parks.

We always go for at least one 10 day trip per year. We get the Annual Pass, which has park hopping included and allows another visit (or two or three) within the next year. It also gives some discounts on food and merchandise, memory maker and parking. It is a way to get two trips with a lower per day ticket cost!

Just something to consider...

Re your question, I agree with others - I would also at least get the 10 day tickets.

We have been known to go for seven days and only get four or five day tickets, depending on what we want to do. However, when we stay much longer the additional cost to get a ten day ticket isn't very much. If we end up using all of the days, great, if not it isn't a huge difference price wise.

We would do a park every day. The last two visits we had the water parks, which was a nice change/addition to our normal plans.

After 4 or 5 days (can't remember which), each additional park day is less than $11 per person. You could always purchase tickets for 7 days, and add more days on while you are there if needed. We did that last year. We had pre-purchased 9 day tickets (+PH, and water parks), but then we decided to go to the parks the morning of our departure day so we added another day. Was only about $10.50 per person if I remember right.

Dan

Like several of the above posters do we always go for 10 days. That works out 2 days per park and the girls spend one day in town shopping (while I go resort hopping) and one day in Downtown Disney (and yes they are still shopping).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter