$10 Fee to add Dining Plan

jensen

DIS Veteran
I just called to add the Dining Plan to my reservation and was charged a $10 fee to add it... We are 2AD/2CH staying for 7 nights so our total was supposed to be $713.72 for the the DDP. Before asking to add the plan, I confirmed with the CM that I would not be charged the $50 change fee if I upgraded my reservation - he said that was correct. The CM told me my total was $723.72 and I questioned the difference... he tried to tell me that the plan cost $41 per adult, but I continued to push because I knew that wasn't correct... finally he put me on hold and the came back and said I wasn't being charged the $50 change fee, but I was being charged a $10 "rush" fee because they have to "rush" my "meal plan vouchers" to the resort... why this isn't all done on the computer is beyond me, but I figured the $10 wasn't worth any more hassle - the guy obviously didn't have a clue.

Just wanted to warn others that they may incur this fee when they try to add the DDP to their paid reservation.

That is a BUMMER! I added mine last Saturday and we arrive on Saturday. (a week ahead of time) and I wasn't charged the $10. They should have mentioned that before hand - I wouldn't be very happy either. I know $10 is only $10, but I would still not be happy.

Very good advice: Always make arrangements well in advance, so you can avoid the problems and costs associated with doing things later. ::yes::

That is a BUMMER! I added mine last Saturday and we arrive on Saturday. (a week ahead of time) and I wasn't charged the $10. They should have mentioned that before hand - I wouldn't be very happy either. I know $10 is only $10, but I would still not be happy.

We arrive on Saturday, too! I'm about ready to burst... I'm so anxious. I can't even concentrate on my work... I'm not getting much done this week. :) So, where are you staying?

We just added it on Monday night and weren't charged. Well , DH made the call so I need to check with him. We are arriving this Friday night! WooHoo! I have not packed for me or DD yet. I better get busy!

We arrive on Saturday, too! I'm about ready to burst... I'm so anxious. I can't even concentrate on my work... I'm not getting much done this week. :) So, where are you staying?

We'll be at AS Movies. This will be my DD2 3rd time, but my hubby's 1st time with us. I can't wait for him to experience it through her eyes. (I'm secretly hoping that he will realize how awesome it is with her, fall totally in love with Disney, not think I am crazy for wanting to go down again during Free Dining and say he wants to come with us!) But shhh...don't tell him my plan!! Hehe

We'll be at AS Movies. This will be my DD2 3rd time, but my hubby's 1st time with us. I can't wait for him to experience it through her eyes. (I'm secretly hoping that he will realize how awesome it is with her, fall totally in love with Disney, not think I am crazy for wanting to go down again during Free Dining and say he wants to come with us!) But shhh...don't tell him my plan!! Hehe

It will happen! My DH wasn't all that into Disney, either... but, now he loves it as much as the kids and I do... he's as anxious as we are to get there!

We just added it on Monday night and weren't charged. Well , DH made the call so I need to check with him. We are arriving this Friday night! WooHoo! I have not packed for me or DD yet. I better get busy!

I know it's ONLY $10, but it really ticks me off because when I made my final payment, I specifically asked when the deadline was to add the dining plan and if I would be charged a change fee... then when I called to add the plan, I AGAIN specifically asked about the change fee... then "viola" a fee appears and the CM doesn't have a CLUE...

And then to find out that it's not being charged to everyone...:confused3

I'll double check with DH tonight to see if they did charge us. I know he wrote down the amount on our paper where we wrote the conf #s. I'll let you know.

Uh, as far as I know, there are no meal plan vouchers. :confused3 It's all computerized and put onto your room keys.

Something sounds very odd there. I would call back and question it again.

... finally he put me on hold and the came back and said I wasn't being charged the $50 change fee, but I was being charged a $10 "rush" fee because they have to "rush" my "meal plan vouchers" to the resort...

This makes no sense..there are no meal 'vouchers' with the dining plan...it's all your room card... so I am not exactly sure what he is 'rushing'. :confused3

Call and check your ressies including fees. I would worry he didn;t get the whole thing right. It is all on computer, so something stinks.

I would question this charge further. Do you have to pay tax on the meal plan charge?? That may be why it was coming up $41.

The $10 is supposed to be a re-printing/rush mailing fee. It's been there for a while, but it seems in the past few months they have not been waiving it like they used to.

I used to be able to get it waived easily for clients who did not need new documents, especially if they were adding to their trips and got the $50 change fee waived, but I think with Disney's new system, replacement documents print automatically so they don't have a button to remove the $10 fee. There is no reason they should charge this, and I've let my Dsiney rep know about it. I'll keep you all updated if I find a way to avoid it!

Within 14 days from travel any changes, up or down, automatically have the $10 fee added. Its nothing the CM can add or remove

Within 14 days from travel any changes, up or down, automatically have the $10 fee added. Its nothing the CM can add or remove

I didn't have this added, and I changed w/in 7 days. I think they should tell you that, instead of just saying you can add it on w/in 3 days.

I didn't have this added, and I changed w/in 7 days. I think they should tell you that, instead of just saying you can add it on w/in 3 days.

You might want to doublecheck the math, not saying youre wrong but its easy to miss $10 if youre adding hundreds of dollars

Just called this morning to add the QSP to my ressie, we arrive Monday, and I too was charged the $10. I asked about it and he said it was an automatic 'processing charge' since I made a change inside of the 14 days. He did apologize that it wasn't explained to me earlier (I called last week about this) but I'm ok with it. At least it's not the $50 or $100 fees, could be worse, right?

And to the person who asked, I was not charged any taxes, just the cost of the plan times the days and guests and the $10 fee.

If that's truly the case, then they need to do some training with their CM's... both of the ones I talked with didn't mention this fee even when I specifically asked about change fees.

Talked to a CM 2 days ago...she stated that if in the 45 day window.....adding dining costs $10 and taking it away costs $50 change fee.

Basically removing dining "downgrades" your package so you get the $50 fee.

With that being said though I am sure it is up to the CM. It seems silly to charge someone $10 when they are making more money.....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter