1 kingbed 1 fullbed rooms

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
I was online seeing if certain dates were available for POP. I love you can now check off the accessible option. For a roll in shower room it stated 1 king/1fullsize bed. Can a king and full size bed even fit in those rooms and still have room to manuever a wheelchair?

I believe it's a 'one or the other' thing. I stayed there in October (they gave me an accessible room because they messed up booking or something) and there was just one king size bed. Hope this helps!

This just came up in another thread about the All Stars. From what everyone is saying, it is NOT an option to have a king and and a full in the same room (as you pointed out, there is no space). If you need specifics on the room configurations, I would call special reservations (or have your travel agent do it).

Mary

Is there a number for Special Reservations? Whenever I have made ressies in the past the CM usually does it.

Is there a number for Special Reservations? Whenever I have made ressies in the past the CM usually does it.
The phone number is listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread in the post about resorts

That thread is near the top of this board or you can follow the link in my signature.

I don't have time to look for the post number in that thread, but post one will let you know where to look. No one has reported calling since the change to online, so let us know how it worked.

I believe it's a 'one or the other' thing. I stayed there in October (they gave me an accessible room because they messed up booking or something) and there was just one king size bed. Hope this helps!

On the WDW site you have a choice of a king with a double, just a king or 2 doubles. I think the king and double would fit in those rooms there but would be very tight. It will be interesting to see if this is really happening there.

Well, we are booked for POrt Orleans and we are a family of 5 and they said we have a roll in shower room with a king and a full... cant figure that one out! :confused3:confused3 Unless we have a pull down murphy bed too.

Well, we are booked for POrt Orleans and we are a family of 5 and they said we have a roll in shower room with a king and a full... cant figure that one out! :confused3:confused3 Unless we have a pull down murphy bed too.

Poohsie posted the photos that Bill had shared in your thread about POR. The pull down bed in the rooms that have them are in the chest across from the bed. During the day it just folds up then of course folds down with a small mattress for sleeping. It is meant for a child that's smaller.The furnishings in AB are different but the layout is the same with the two double beds and the pulldown for a family of 5. Bill posted photos of the roll in shower also. His post also includes his opinion of the new rooms- he had an easy time getting around the room and using the roll in shower. I can't wait to try them as I'd much rather have all my family together.

I called Special Guest Services today and they confirmed I have a room with a full bed and a king bed with a roll in shower. I asked if it was a room with a murphy bed and they said no....

We just returned from Pop. There is absolutely no possibility of fitting a king bed and a double (full) bed in that room.

The only way that this can be done is that perhaps they are giving you two rooms. I don't know your circumstance, but maybe they felt that this was the right thing to do.

You might want to check that reservation one more time.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I WAS WRONG!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I called Pop today - making reservations for June. I was assigned an accessible room with a KING BED and a FULL BED with a roll-in shower.

I was wrong, you were correct. This room DOES exist at Pop. :goodvibes

I think the agents are wrong. If you look at Bill's photos those beds are the same size and that's the new accessible room at the moderates. I'm not sure about the value resorts. They are no longer giving two rooms though at the mods as what they are able to now offer with the new room arrangements and bedding accommodates a party size of 4 or 5 ( at POR, AB section only). I would probably question this too if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, lol. I so appreciate Bill posting those photos and his TR.

Do his pictures actually show an accessible room with the murphy bed? What I saw was PORFQ rooms on this thread..

If anyone ever stumbles across this thread after actually visiting Pop Century and staying in a 1 king/1 double room, please let us know about your experience. I'm booking this room type for a trip in September, and all the non-accessible Pop guests keep insisting it's impossible, but there must be some way or else they wouldn't give it as an option.

Actually, this same roll-in shower, 1 king, 1 double option is available at other value resorts and some moderates as well, so it's probably not a programming mistake on the site.

If anyone ever stumbles across this thread after actually visiting Pop Century and staying in a 1 king/1 double room, please let us know about your experience. I'm booking this room type for a trip in September, and all the non-accessible Pop guests keep insisting it's impossible, but there must be some way or else they wouldn't give it as an option.

Actually, this same roll-in shower, 1 king, 1 double option is available at other value resorts and some moderates as well, so it's probably not a programming mistake on the site.

Im very curious about this too. The only thing they say when I called and asked specifically for the layout of the room is that "you will have plenty of bedding" I heard somewhere on here that the value resorts have note even been converted to full/king yet!

I am booked in Allstar Music and I was told and confirmed on the website, I have 1 king, 1 double and a roll in shower. We have 2 adults and 2 kids, age 12 and 13.

I am going the last week in June and can let everyone know. I am very excited we will be there for 9 days!!

I just got off the phone with someone at the reservations line dedicated to travel agents, and all I will say is that those of us who book the roll-in shower/1 king/1 double room will be very happy with what we get (if what they told me is indeed true). :)

I just got off the phone with someone at the reservations line dedicated to travel agents, and all I will say is that those of us who book the roll-in shower/1 king/1 double room will be very happy with what we get (if what they told me is indeed true). :)

THIS!

I KNOW IT TO BE TRUE and have known for some time since I made my reservations. I agree that ALL WILL BE VERY HAPPY and please anyone who has concerns about this issue do not worry about it Disney will take good care of you.

I suspect that I like the pp was specifically asked not to share the information with others, especially on boards such as this, to discourage abuse.

So I would encourage those who post and themselves later find out what Disney is doing to be reminded that this information is best kept OFF the boards to discourage abuse by those who could come to find out via the board posting making it more difficult for those who truly need it

THIS!

I KNOW IT TO BE TRUE and have known for some time since I made my reservations. I agree that ALL WILL BE VERY HAPPY and please anyone who has concerns about this issue do not worry about it Disney will take good care of you.

I suspect that I like the pp was specifically asked not to share the information with others, especially on boards such as this, to discourage abuse.

So I would encourage those who post and themselves later find out what Disney is doing to be reminded that this information is best kept OFF the boards to discourage abuse by those who could come to find out via the board posting making it more difficult for those who truly need it

Are you serious? :confused3

I can assure you that most people who don't need them don't want a handicapped room. Why in the world would someone want such a room if it wasn't necessary? I cannot believe that someone at Disney Reservations is warning callers not to let this "super secret" information get out :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter