$1 charge after making an ADR

prplcrzy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just made 2 ADR reservations on 1/12 for July and I think they charged my cc $1 for each one I made. My dh was going through our cc bill earlier and said there are two charges for $1 each, showing "WDP&R room internet". Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Nancy

Yes. It is done to make sure the card is valid. The $1 will be credited back.

It will actually disappear when the bill shows up in the mail. Disney charges the dollar if you buy on their online store too. It's a holding charge to validate your credit card but when the bill comes in the mail it won't be there

OK, thanks for the quick replies!

Nancy

:flower3:
That's why I love Disboards!
It has all the answers we need! :disrocks:
Perfect! That's why I LOVE Disboards too.
I just noticed a $1.00 charge on my AmEx and googled WDP&R Room internet, 200 Celebration Place (which is what the description of the charge said) and this post came up. Now I have to go back to AmEx and take the "dispute this charge" off my card.
Thank you DisBoard friends :flower3:

This didn't happen for this trip- using a Visa to book dining reservations. Last year, I had problems with Amex removing the $1 charges for some reason. It took a few calls to get it corrected.

Just to be clear, it's a $1 authorization, not a charge. It's just a hold on the account and will fall off a few days later.

I'd also like to just say that I've made loads of ADR's and this is the first time (well that I can recall) that I've gotten this charge. Is it just a random occurrence that you would incur this charge?

Thanks again,

Karen

One little trick. Once the charge is credited back by Disney, if you're not sure if you will make the ADR and don't want to be charged, you can actually just cancel the card. Disney will still think it's valid but won't be able to charge you anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter