1 br: Kidani or Jambo?

DANG! I forgot about the bathroom situation w/ the 1 bedrooms at AKV. DANG! We managed to get club level room or I'd be swapping post haste! Stayed in Kidani (2BR) last year and LOVED it! I'll jsut cross fingers to get a split stay w/ BLT so I don't have to "endure" the 1 bath situation for the entire time.:rolleyes1 Three boys, one me. Not pretty.:eek:

HEY HEY!! Angela! HEY! Funny meeting you here! :)

For those of you who have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani... We currently have a reservation booked for a 1 Bedroom at Jambo. Both were available, but I chose Jambo to be closer to the restaurants and we also are not renting a car. It would be nice to have two bathrooms, but I think it's a huge disadvantage not to have anything less than fine dining at Kidani. Does Kidani have a shop with items that you can purchase for your DVC Room? How far is the walk/trip from Kidani to Jambo?

For those of you who have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani... We currently have a reservation booked for a 1 Bedroom at Jambo. Both were available, but I chose Jambo to be closer to the restaurants and we also are not renting a car. It would be nice to have two bathrooms, but I think it's a huge disadvantage not to have anything less than fine dining at Kidani. Does Kidani have a shop with items that you can purchase for your DVC Room?

Yes, it has a small gift shop that has a limited selection of groceries, including liquor, wines and beer.

How far is the walk/trip from Kidani to Jambo?

It's no more than a 10 minute walk from lobby door to lobby door between Kidani and Jambo. There also is a shuttle between Kidani and Jambo that you pick up at the lobby. I'm not sure how often the shuttles run. I do know that they do not run very late because someone complained about getting out of dinner at 9:30 and he had to carry his child back to Kidani in the dark.

If you really need to close to a QS restaurant, Jambo House might be the best location for you. Currently they offer a continental style breakfast at Sanaa in the mornings but that is an experimental offering. You can get sandwiches at the pool at Kidani or even order some room service meals. But the room service meals at the pool bar are considered 2 TS meals for DDP. Or if you pay cash the cost per room service meal runs $18 to $22 per person.

For those of you who have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani... We currently have a reservation booked for a 1 Bedroom at Jambo. Both were available, but I chose Jambo to be closer to the restaurants and we also are not renting a car. It would be nice to have two bathrooms, but I think it's a huge disadvantage not to have anything less than fine dining at Kidani. Does Kidani have a shop with items that you can purchase for your DVC Room? How far is the walk/trip from Kidani to Jambo?

It really is a pretty quick walk from Kidani to Jambo, and as the PP said, there's a shuttle. I always saw it going so it must run frequently enough. To ME, it's far more of a huge disadvantage to have to deal w/ 1 bathroom :scared1: rather than walk to Mara. That said, we're booked in a 1BR in Jambo w/ our coming trip because that's where the club rooms are. I'd give up Mara any day for another bathroom! Of course, I'm not a fan of Mara, so I'm biased. ;)

Kidani does have the really small gift shop. Depending on how much you want or what you need, you can also order groceries delivered either through your resort itself or an outside grocer. We rent a car usually so we just stop at the Super Target 5 minutes from AKL. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter