1 BDRM Snobs here

Before we even completed our initial 200 point purchase we decided to add on another 100 points so we could stay in 1 bdr's for both our regular June and October trips. One of the reasons we bought DVC was to have "Home away from Home" accommodations. We did stay in an OKW studio a few weekends ago and it was nice, but with the two beds it still reminded us of a hotel room. We will try a studio at another resort with a bed/couch one of these days to see if it still has a hotel feel.
Oh, just wanted to say that OKW is great! We know we want to get another 200 points in the future and were thinking about getting them at SSR just before it sold out, but now an OKW resale might be in our future.

We stayed in a studio once but every other time has been a 1 bedroom (or a 2 bedroom when we brought my in-laws). I love having a separate living area, love the washer/dryer, and definately love the tub!

Can't wait to try out an OKW one-bedroom - I've heard so much about them.

>> We have a teen and usually take another guest teen with us, which makes four. We think the 2 bedroom is a must. <<

People, this is what this entire issues distills down to: composition of your party.

A family with younger kids (like ours, kids 7 and 10) loves the 1BR bedroom, for it offers all the same amenities as a 2br at a much lower point cost. Our children have their own rooms at home, but don't mind sharing the fold out couch when we travel (they get their own balcony and TV, that's more than enough incremental benefit).

The ONLY reason to move up to the additional expense of the 2BR is when your party is composed of adolescents and adults who "need their own private space" OR if you are taking a party larger than four. In three years or so, we'll be facing that (our daughter isn't going to want to share space with her younger brother then), but until that time, the 1BR rules.

We have never stayed in anything less than a 1BR in 5 years.......until next week :eek: ............we booked a studio for 1 night at OKW before our cruise
baby21.gif

Since it is just Cindy and I, we figured thats all we need since we will be at DD most of the night, before we leave in the morning for the port.

Yeah, we needed only one walk through the one bedroom units in the model and were sold. One bedrooms in DVC or concierge level if other Disney resort for us.

Two bedrooms if our daughters join us.

Yep, 1 bedroom snob here too.

A washer and dryer are a must! And so is the king bed.

Good thing I washed all our clothes before packing to come home last trip.

We live in an apartment building and park our car in an undergroud garage 1 block away.

We drove home last trip and got home in the middle of the night so we didn't unload the luggage from the car until 8 DAYS LATER!!! :eek: That was the week we had 8-10 inches of snow. So, we just left the luggage in the car until the next time we used the car.

Originally posted by SleepyatDVC
A washer and dryer are a must! And so is the king bed.

This was what closed the deal for me. Especially when DD & I started talking about it this morning. She mentioned (we won't have a living room) and I was thinking (because we are staying at OKW that I wouldn't have to cart our laundry to the laundry place by the pool.

Not to mention DH & I love that king size bed! Something tells me I will never see a DVC studio (except I'm a firm believer in never say never.)

Lisa

We have a 1Br booked for the longer trip in May. But for the shorter trip in Nov. I booked a studio. I hope we will be able to enjoy the studio.:) I tend to get spoiled fast too!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter