1/17/09 Magic anyone???

Question ... has everyone caught up on their shows they missed? I've caught up on The Bachelor, Biggest Loser, American Idol (a girl that got sent to Hollywood is from right up the road from me ... but I wasn't very impressed with her ... she's the one who lost her mom and dad), I still need to finish catching up on Brothers & Sisters, Grey's, and got half way done with Lost.

Laura-

We were on the same trip and I LOVED your report. I recognized your family right away. We were in the same dinner rotation. It is funny on a ship that big you see the same people over and over. Small world..we are from Wilmington NC! When my son found out he missed a snow day he was a little sad. It is the 2nd one in the 7 years since we moved down here from the Boston area. Anyway..just wanted to say great post and I loved re-living our trip through your picutres. I love the fact you went to Disney on the end of your cruise...what a nice surprise.

Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Oh how cool! Do you have a pic of yourself? Maybe I'd recognize you too! And wow, small world. :)

Question ... has everyone caught up on their shows they missed? I've caught up on The Bachelor, Biggest Loser, American Idol (a girl that got sent to Hollywood is from right up the road from me ... but I wasn't very impressed with her ... she's the one who lost her mom and dad), I still need to finish catching up on Brothers & Sisters, Grey's, and got half way done with Lost.

Barack Obama's inauguration filled up my DVR so none of my shows recorded except that one and the Biggest Loser! Luckily I was able to catch up on Lost online. I guess I just missed 2 episodes of American Idol.

This is the best season for TV, that's for sure!

Wow what a great vacation! So glad we were gone that particular week because apparently the weather STUNK the whole time we were gone. Whoo hoo!

Here's my trip report, complete with scanned navigators from each day if anyone wants to steal them lol.

Not sure if I saw any of you on the ship, but I did see lots of decorated doors!

Will it let me link to my website? Guess we'll see...

http://photogreetingsgalore.com/cruise09

My son is on the left side of the picture while you were waiting for the party to star (Adventure's Away). He has the shorts and brown shirt on in the picture your daughter is waving the gold fringe stick to you.

And... funny thing I think we were sitting right next to you during your Palo Brunch. I remember because Mary and I were noticing you two were sitting at our table when we ate at Palo in Jan of '07. We thought that it was such a nice view during the day time.
Tim

i was just looking on the boards and saw that apparently the Eastern cruise after ours was rough. The seas were high and I think they couldn't even dock at Castaway Cay :guilty: . So glad ours was so nice. We really had good weather and not too rough seas. Can't wait to go again next year, hope I have the same luck! I feel bad for those poor people though who couldn't get out at Castaway Cay, as a first timer, I really loved it there!

Funny but as we were docking in at CC I was explaining to my wife that sometimes it is so windy and the sea is rough that they are unable to stop at CC. I was explaining this as we were looking down into the water. If anyone noticed, because the water is so clear you could see down to the bottom. In so doing I bet there was not that much clearance between the bottom of the ship and the sea floor. No wonder they can't stop at CC if the seas are rough.

Tim

My son is on the left side of the picture while you were waiting for the party to star (Adventure's Away). He has the shorts and brown shirt on in the picture your daughter is waving the gold fringe stick to you.

And... funny thing I think we were sitting right next to you during your Palo Brunch. I remember because Mary and I were noticing you two were sitting at our table when we ate at Palo in Jan of '07. We thought that it was such a nice view during the day time.
Tim

Ok I'm glad you said that. Because I remember I was reading the beginning of your trip report and I thought "hey that looks like the guy from Palo" but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to ask and look stupid. But now that I've gone back to your TR and seen some more pictures I know it was definitely you I saw next to us. :thumbsup2

*sigh* I miss the food so much. :rotfl:

Ok ... this might sound nuts to you all, but my mom always had a saying when someone would ask her if she's having fun, her reply would be "If I were having more fun I'd have to take something for it". Well we did!

We got home and my youngest was having the toughest time sleeping ... he'd fall asleep early and wake up every two hours ... after we had been home for a week and a half (all the while not getting more than 2 hours of sleep at at time) he started saying weird stuff ... like one night at dinner he got all scared and said "I don't think you're my right mom" then at school the next day scared that he wasn't in the right place. I FREAKED out (of course the lifetime movie playing in my head of the little boy with the brain tumor), and rushed him into the doctor ... he was diagnosed with JET LAG! OMG! I could have died! I was so embarrassed ... the doctor told me to give him benadryl for a few nights but if that didn't clear him up to bring him back. Of course after 3 nights of sleep (with the help of benadryl the wonder drug), he was back to normal! Apparently after being sleep deprived for that long can make you feel like you're going crazy!

All that to be said my mom's saying came true this time! We had so much fun that when we got home we had to give our 6 year old downers to come back to real life! LOL!

Georji I'm glad your son is healthy but I've got tears in my eyes from trying not to laugh! Now don't get me wrong. I would have done the same thing as you but since everything is fine...:rotfl2: :lmao:

And I think I need some downers too. No wait - work did that for me. :headache:

MJ - Great pictures! My DH made one of your shots. Well the back of him made one of your shots. He's in picture 18 off to the side in his scooter.

And you must have been right behind me at the 'Til We Meet Again party because I have the same shots at the same exact angle. I want to go back.:sad1:

MJ - Great pictures! My DH made one of your shots. Well the back of him made one of your shots. He's in picture 18 off to the side in his scooter.

And you must have been right behind me at the 'Til We Meet Again party because I have the same shots at the same exact angle. I want to go back.:sad1:

Thanks....I want to go back too!!! Can't wait to go back....at least today is about 45 and mild....I was really getting sick of the bitter, bitter cold!!

MJ

Thanks....I want to go back too!!! Can't wait to go back....at least today is about 45 and mild....I was really getting sick of the bitter, bitter cold!!

MJ
It's beautiful out!! I think I need to take a walk at lunch today to get out and enjoy the city when its like this. I'm supposed to take my DD skiing on Monday. Hopefully they are making snow at night in the Poconos.

MJ - your pics are GREAT!! There is a picture of my DD and I (pic number 39). In fact, I am looking right at your camera and smiling!! :lmao: Its like I was trying to have my pic taken!! Would you mind if I saved that one? I didn't want to without asking (and not even sure that I can from the site) but like the pic and would like it in my album. Let me know how you feel about it...thanks SO much for sharing your pics...I want SO badly to be back on the boat!!

MJ - your pics are GREAT!! There is a picture of my DD and I (pic number 39). In fact, I am looking right at your camera and smiling!! :lmao: Its like I was trying to have my pic taken!! Would you mind if I saved that one? I didn't want to without asking (and not even sure that I can from the site) but like the pic and would like it in my album. Let me know how you feel about it...thanks SO much for sharing your pics...I want SO badly to be back on the boat!!

Oh please....feel free to use any of them!!!

MJ

Oh please....feel free to use any of them!!!

MJ

Thanks MJ! Unfortunately it won't let me copy them. I must be doing something wrong or its protected. Would you mind sending it to my email? I will PM you the info! Thanks for your help, its funny becuase my DH had the camera (he was getting his hair cut) and I couldn't take any pics of the sail away...I wasn't too upset when they didn't have the CMs waving with the big mickey hands. Not sure why they didn't do that! :confused3

Thanks again! I will you shortly!

MJ,

Love your pictures...I want to go back! I was also wondering if I could get copies of some of your pics. My husband, daughter, father in law, brother in law and two nephews were on the other boat in the regatta. My husband took my daughter's cheap camera, but none of his pics turned out. One of your pics actually shows my daughter on the back of the boat. We were so sad to not have any pics of the regatta. It was everyone's favorite thing.

Thanks,
mlund

MJ,

Love your pictures...I want to go back! I was also wondering if I could get copies of some of your pics. My husband, daughter, father in law, brother in law and two nephews were on the other boat in the regatta. My husband took my daughter's cheap camera, but none of his pics turned out. One of your pics actually shows my daughter on the back of the boat. We were so sad to not have any pics of the regatta. It was everyone's favorite thing.

Thanks,
mlund

Definitely....I will send you all the regatta pics. Do I send them to mlund2020@earthlink.com?

MJ

Thanks MJ! Unfortunately it won't let me copy them. I must be doing something wrong or its protected. Would you mind sending it to my email? I will PM you the info! Thanks for your help, its funny becuase my DH had the camera (he was getting his hair cut) and I couldn't take any pics of the sail away...I wasn't too upset when they didn't have the CMs waving with the big mickey hands. Not sure why they didn't do that! :confused3

Thanks again! I will you shortly!

Janine...I emailed you Pic #39 (pic number according to Webshots) but I don't think that is the one....I had deleted some other pics and it may have changed the number count at webshots. Are you and your DD on Deck 10 by the rail?...if that is the one let me know and I will email it.

MJ

MJ,

Apparantly I hve not posted enough to email you or tell you my email, but I can say net not com. Thank you sooooo much. Your pictures really did turn ut great.

Stacy

MJ,

Apparantly I hve not posted enough to email you or tell you my email, but I can say net not com. Thank you sooooo much. Your pictures really did turn ut great.

Stacy

Sorry...I forgot!! My DD left for Spain tonight and all week we have been running around.....I will email the pics tonight!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter