🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

Thanks! Had a mild panic attack…our last day in DL is the 21st and wanted to finish it out with the parade. I’m very surprised that there isn’t anything available for the entire week. Just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something. Maybe they’re changing the parade since there isn’t an actual nighttime parade on the schedule right now. Just the Magic Happens parade in the afternoon and early evening. Last time we went we got to watch the Main Street Electrical parade and then the fireworks, but those got cut short because of the wind. Fingers crossed 🤞😀
They're not changing anything. I can pretty much guarantee Magic Happens will be showing at 3:00 and 5:30 as it's been doing every day for months.

The 21st is the CHOC Walk in the morning, which might cause the park to open later, but it should not have any impact on parade times in the afternoon.

Thank you for this! I see our rate has dropped, how do I go about adjusting it? Do I have to call?
Hi, I wanted to let you know that on a whim I checked our rate at the CCI and it dropped again, this time $30/night! I called and spoke with the nicest gentleman, Mark, and he adjusted our rate. So check your rate again. :)

Last edited:
Checking in. We’re staying at the DLH for the first time July 5-8, at the tail end of a CA trip. Going to the parks July 6 and 7.

DD and I have been before, but she was five (now 11) and doesn’t remember much. It will be my parents’ first time, and they’re mostly going to appease DD after we’re dragging her to Sequoia and down the coast earlier that week.

For anyone else like me going on July 4th, the hours are now officially posted. They notably left the fireworks schedule blank, indicating to me that Celebrate America will be showing in full again this year as opposed to the tag they sometimes do on the regular show.

It's likely Disney won't officially post the schedule until much closer and they currently don't list fireworks at all on the 4th. Rest assured, they will be showing fireworks on July 4th. They also have not yet posted the other special entertainment they usually do, including a Marine Band, special flag retreat, and tag before each showing of WOC (with some fireworks). I'm sure this will all be posted in a few weeks.

Our last Disneyland trip was summer 2013, didn't think we would return again as a group...but looks like we are going to take a quick trip with 2 of our (now adult) kids for a few nights July/August. We have a room at DLH using our DVC membership but now may need to book another room for my 82 yo FIL, so thinking of Candy Cane Inn for him to same him some money because paying rack rate for DLH would cost him over $2000.

Planning to arrive July 30th from the east coast and family is pushing now to spend a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain as well (we are all big coaster people). So that may be on Wed July 31st and then 2.5 days at Disneyland (Thur/Fri/Sat morning).

Still working through our plans though.

Our last Disneyland trip was summer 2013, didn't think we would return again as a group...but looks like we are going to take a quick trip with 2 of our (now adult) kids for a few nights July/August. We have a room at DLH using our DVC membership but now may need to book another room for my 82 yo FIL, so thinking of Candy Cane Inn for him to same him some money because paying rack rate for DLH would cost him over $2000.

Planning to arrive July 30th from the east coast and family is pushing now to spend a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain as well (we are all big coaster people). So that may be on Wed July 31st and then 2.5 days at Disneyland (Thur/Fri/Sat morning).

Still working through our plans though.
Sounds like lots of fun. Magic Mountain is a great park for coaster enthusiasts. I haven't been in about 20 years, but I went with some of my friends in high school and it was a really great trip to experience lots of incredible coasters.

If you are going to Magic Mountain, you might want to consider staying up there near Valencia for 1-2 nights. It is a long haul to Disneyland.

If you are traveling from somewhere else where you have a Six Flags, you might want to look into the annual pass that gets you access to all of the Six Flags across the country. May or may not be worthwhile, but worth looking into.

If you are going to Magic Mountain, you might want to consider staying up there near Valencia for 1-2 nights. It is a long haul to Disneyland.

If you are traveling from somewhere else where you have a Six Flags, you might want to look into the annual pass that gets you access to all of the Six Flags across the country. May or may not be worthwhile, but worth looking into.

I was going to say the same about staying closer to Valencia (or Saugus or Satna Clarita) for Magic Mountain. It is well over an hour (probably closer to 90 minutes) from Disneyland area with no traffic. Probably fly into LAX and then go up to the valley and stay there the one night and then go to MM and then transfer down to DL resort area that night or the next morning.

I was going to say the same about staying closer to Valencia (or Saugus or Satna Clarita) for Magic Mountain. It is well over an hour (probably closer to 90 minutes) from Disneyland area with no traffic. Probably fly into LAX and then go up to the valley and stay there the one night and then go to MM and then transfer down to DL resort area that night or the next morning.
Sounds like lots of fun. Magic Mountain is a great park for coaster enthusiasts. I haven't been in about 20 years, but I went with some of my friends in high school and it was a really great trip to experience lots of incredible coasters.

Thanks to both of you. Yes we did Magic Mountain also back in 2013 and stayed near there. The kids just weren't all tall enough to ride all of the rides back then, so they are itching to go back. We've done many of the US coaster parks but it's been a while.

My current thought for this trip was we have an early morning arrival (right now at LAX, but I'm now seriously considering other airports, just hate that we don't have good direct options to the others). We would arrive Tuesday, drive up to Santa Monica, my daughter and I would hang there for the arrival day, and the guys would drive down to Long Beach to see the USS Iowa that day.

The next morning (Wednesday) we would drive to Six Flags (we would be on East Coast time so getting up early not an issue, and park likely won't open until 9am or later anyway). We would spend the day there, then leave that night and drive to Anaheim, checking into our hotel there for the next 3 nights.

YES we have a Six Flags near us and that was the reason for the potential visit...we've purchased the very inexpensive multi-park Six Flags pass before, and they have a deal running right now, so we would buy it at our local park and use it for 6FMM.

Hi, I wanted to let you know that on a whim I checked our rate at the CCI and it dropped again, this time $30/night! I called and spoke with the nicest gentleman, Mark, and he adjusted our rate. So check your rate again. :)
Thank you so much! I did, and got it adjusted!

We are from Rhode Island and this will be our second straight year at Disneyland. We are staying at the DLH 7/23-8/3 with 5 day tickets. We are WDW vets who fell in love with DL last year on our first visit and now love it more than WDW. Stayed at GCH last year and loved it now we will try the DLH.

Last year when I brought up DL the wife and 2 high school age kids said they didn't want to fly 6 hours to DL when WDW is a 2.5 hr flight away. So I put my foot down and said we're going to DL and when we returned home they all said to me that was the best vacation they ever had and now they all want to fly the 6 hrs this year to go to DL. Like I told them, "Father Knows Best!!!"

We are from Rhode Island and this will be our second straight year at Disneyland. We are staying at the DLH 7/23-8/3 with 5 day tickets. We are WDW vets who fell in love with DL last year on our first visit and now love it more than WDW. Stayed at GCH last year and loved it now we will try the DLH.

Last year when I brought up DL the wife and 2 high school age kids said they didn't want to fly 6 hours to DL when WDW is a 2.5 hr flight away. So I put my foot down and said we're going to DL and when we returned home they all said to me that was the best vacation they ever had and now they all want to fly the 6 hrs this year to go to DL. Like I told them, "Father Knows Best!!!"
We are from PA and planning our first Disneyland trip for the beginning of July. There’s a part of me that’s a little sad because a lot of what I love about Disney World isn’t at Disneyland (mainly Epcot but some of my favorite rides, too), but at the same time I’m so excited to experience Disneyland.

Last night we were at a birthday party for one of my colleagues and I was talking with another colleague about our trip and he told me Disneyland ruined Disney World for him. After his trip to Disneyland he has no desire to return to Disney World, so after hearing him say that and now reading your post, I’m beginning to wonder if my Disney World days are over, lol.

Have a great trip!

We are from PA and planning our first Disneyland trip for the beginning of July. There’s a part of me that’s a little sad because a lot of what I love about Disney World isn’t at Disneyland (mainly Epcot but some of my favorite rides, too), but at the same time I’m so excited to experience Disneyland.

Last night we were at a birthday party for one of my colleagues and I was talking with another colleague about our trip and he told me Disneyland ruined Disney World for him. After his trip to Disneyland he has no desire to return to Disney World, so after hearing him say that and now reading your post, I’m beginning to wonder if my Disney World days are over, lol.

Have a great trip!
I'm so happy to hear from the previous two posters! Many of us on here are very biased towards DLR. I'm in TX and equidistant to both, but much prefer DLR. I grew up in CA and that's part of it, but I also think it's hands down better with young kids (among other reasons). No public transport once you arrive, the density of rides in each park, and the amazing summer weather.

Have a great time!

I'm so happy to hear from the previous two posters! Many of us on here are very biased towards DLR. I'm in TX and equidistant to both, but much prefer DLR. I grew up in CA and that's part of it, but I also think it's hands down better with young kids (among other reasons). No public transport once you arrive, the density of rides in each park, and the amazing summer weather.

Have a great time!
Funny you mention the weather. My husband and I were recently talking about how nice it’ll be to not be gross and sweaty by 8:00am like we are when we are in Disney World. We know it’ll be hot, but not Disney World hot. Heck, I might even get to wear my hair down for once in a Disney park. 😂

Have a great trip!
The weather is much better, the people are much better, the magic is much better and we found it much less hectic than WDW.

I believe you will love it. Too bad the Haunted Mansion won't be open by July.

I know your family will have a great trip and remember, Walt actually walked in Disneyland.

Looking for opinions. I have 4 rope drop days. Currently planning to start 3 days at DL and 1 at DCA (all but one opposite EE since we're off site). We have park hoppers and Genie+. I have a 1 year old and 5 year old. I'm considering switching all 4 rope drops to start at DL and do DCA with Genie+/anytime rides.

Simply, there's just so little for the 1 year old to do at DCA. We will get ILL for RSR. We also have the afternoon of our arrival day and plan to do DCA, when we can usually do things on the pier (mermaid, carousel, inside out, zephyr). The downside to not doing DCA rope drop would be not getting to do our one of our fav rides, Toy Story Mania, twice in a row at RD, but it's also often down at park open - it's a gamble. Our party is not interested in Incredicoaster or Guardians or Disney Jr. We are not into sit down meals in the parks.

Do people think starting 4 days at DL and doing Genie+ after 11 at DCA and anytime rides (Phillarmagic, Turtle Talk, Redwood Creek, Red Car Trolley, Spidey show, character meets) is doable?

The rides we do want to do in DCA are: Goofys, inside out, Jesse carousel, Toy story, mermaid, grizzly run, soarin, monsters Inc, maters, luigis, webslingers. 6 of these the 1 year old can do. We could start one day at DCA and start booking Genie+ for DL once rides are past 11.

I'm very experienced with the parks and understand rider switch, but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing lots of things the youngest cannot do, as opposed to an occasional thing the youngest cannot do with other things nearby (like DL).

We also come from Central Time, so rope drop is easy for us - especially with young kids who wake up early!

Last edited:
Looking for opinions. I have 4 rope drop days. Currently planning to start 3 days at DL and 1 at DCA (all but one opposite EE since we're off site). We have park hoppers and Genie+. I have a 1 year old and 5 year old. I'm considering switching all 4 rope drops to start at DL and do DCA with Genie+/anytime rides.

Simply, there's just so little for the 1 year old to do at DCA. We will get ILL for RSR. We also have the afternoon of our arrival day and plan to do DCA, when we can usually do things on the pier (mermaid, carousel, inside out, zephyr). The downside to not doing DCA rope drop would be not getting to do our one of our fav rides, Toy Story Mania, twice in a row at RD, but it's also often down at park open - it's a gamble. Our party is not interested in Incredicoaster or Guardians or Disney Jr. We are not into sit down meals in the parks.

Do people think starting 4 days at DL and doing Genie+ after 11 at DCA and anytime rides (Phillarmagic, Turtle Talk, Redwood Creek, Red Car Trolley, Spidey show, character meets) is doable?

The rides we do want to do in DCA are: Goofys, inside out, Jesse carousel, Toy story, mermaid, grizzly run, soarin, monsters Inc, maters, luigis, webslingers. 6 of these the 1 year old can do. We could start one day at DCA and start booking Genie+ for DL once rides are past 11.

I'm very experienced with the parks and understand rider switch, but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing lots of things the youngest cannot do, as opposed to an occasional thing the youngest cannot do with other things nearby (like DL).
I think that is a smart idea. DCA has more for older kids. It will probably take pressure off of your DL days if you rope drop all four days.

If your kids want to see characters, the Pixar Pals Playtime Party is really cute. It is in the DL Fantasyland Theater - 12:30-5:30. They'll dance with Mr & Mrs Incredible, Frozone & Edna, Sadness & Joy, Buzz, Jessie & Bo Peep. The characters dance on the stage and then come into the audience to interact and take photos with the kids. There are also meet & greets with Dug, Wade & Ember and the guys from Luca. It isn't a rope drop type of activity, but if you find yourself near Small World and ToonTown, check it out.

1716867016321.png
1716867227200.png 1716867377338.png1716867311186.png

On Sunday evening, Husband and I were reminiscing about our last trip (2022 for OBB), how we didn't get to do Chef's Counter at Napa Rose and that it had just been too long since our last experience there. As a fact-finding mission (fueled by an espresso martini or two), I called and left a message to see if they happened to have availability for our 17th anniversary, fully expecting to get told to pound sand because it was SO far after the opening date for reservations in July.

Anyway, long story short ... you can add me to the trip list! July 18-22, GCH. Guess I need to get some plane tickets, park tickets and a dining strategy! 8-)

Can anyone tell me where on the app I look to find the times of the parades, WoC, Fantasmic, etc.? I know it’s on there I’m just having a hard time finding it.

Can anyone tell me where on the app I look to find the times of the parades, WoC, Fantasmic, etc.? I know it’s on there I’m just having a hard time finding it.
There's a few ways. On the main page scroll down a bit and it will show park hours and an option to click to see today's showtimes. Another way is to use the three lines on the right, then scroll down for park hours. Another option is the map icon on the bottom, and then on the map page filter by entertainment on the top drop down menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter