“Temporary” Borrowing Point 50% Limit

I don’t think anyone knows for sure. I would guess perhaps in 2023 but that’s just a guess.

The limit is here for several years, I fear. Another member ,with a mathematic mind , stated over 6years.
. WAY to many points and members.

The limit is here for several years, I fear. Another member ,with a mathematic mind , stated over 6years.
. WAY to many points and members.
Not sure what someone that has a "mathematic mind" would know that we don't.

They could at least take off that annoying bar from the bottom of the booking screen. They've updated the site to limit it automatically; no need to reinforce it every time I want to check availability.
I also find the top banners annoying, wish they could be confirmed and closed permanently. Anyone unaware of COVID-19 and it's affect on their Disney vacation is willfully ignorant.

I also find the top banners annoying, wish they could be confirmed and closed permanently. Anyone unaware of COVID-19 and it's affect on their Disney vacation is willfully ignorant.

They could at least set a 24 hour cookie or something so they only pop up once per day instead of every single session. (Heck, they set hundreds of other garbage tracking cookies.. it's not like anybody would notice one more that's actually helpful... :confused3)

They could at least take off that annoying bar from the bottom of the booking screen. They've updated the site to limit it automatically; no need to reinforce it every time I want to check availability.

Given how things don’t always work for everyone the same way, it probably is a good reminder as some who don’t really pay attention and I can see people calling and asking why!

Given how things don’t always work for everyone the same way, it probably is a good reminder as some who don’t really pay attention and I can see people calling and asking why!
It could be a notice right above the button you click to borrow points (or even a popup there), not something that covers the bottom 15% of my screen every single time I enter the booking screen. When I cancel a waitlist, I HAVE to click the X on that bar to expose the button I need to click simply to confirm that dialog.

It could be a notice right above the button you click to borrow points (or even a popup there), not something that covers the bottom 15% of my screen every single time I enter the booking screen. When I cancel a waitlist, I HAVE to click the X on that bar to expose the button I need to click simply to confirm that dialog.

Yeah. I agree with that. It is a pain where it is located.

Most sites that have warnings like that allow you to say don't display again. They just need to add that option and then it would take care of it.

My guess they will keep restrictions till at least 2023. As far as cookies go, just shut them off. Most websites will let you use them, but they just give you a warning like The DIS does.

This is the DVC website that managed to break the countdown and resort picture for over a month. And is on almost two years of being unable to fix the resale borrowing problem. Do we really want them touching things that are at best mildly annoying? Odds are if they made a "Don't display again" button it would delete your account.

You cancel that many waitlists to where it’s a BOLD text issue?

Agreed. And once you Hide it, at least in one session and when you're logged in, they don't need it to pop up every time you change pages. It's on the main WDW site as well (and, I assume, DL).

I promise them that I haven't forgotten that I might get sick if I go there. Given that I had the winter 2014 plague that so many people across the country did, and I came down with it 2 days after arriving at WDW for marathon weekend, I KNOW that being around people can get me sick. I also got sick for over a month after my first visit December 2010. Anyone who doesn't know you might get sick when you're around people should maybe stay home, always.

You cancel that many waitlists to where it’s a BOLD text issue?

I think the bold issue was about entering the booking screen. I was in the booking screen every day for a few months there, and it bugged me to a bold-worthy level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!