ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

We husband and I are taking a quick trip to celebrate our anniversary - May 30 - June 3rd at POR.

Recently booked the trip, so I'm checking BOG reservations constantly hoping a cancellation will pop up. We would love to have our anniversary dinner there :)

DW and I will be at BC 5/21-26 WITHOUT KIDS for the first time ever!!!

Our youngest DD will be there with her high school marching band, but we are on our own.

My DW (Marielightning on the Dis) and I will be there with our 4 closest friends for a girl trip between 5/11 and 5/19 and we're staying at the All Star Sports! =D

So close now!

Quoting myself as it wasn't added earlier to the main list :)

So excited for our trip from 5/2 through 5/12! Staying off site this time at Sheraton Vistana. We have stayed there before and we really enjoy it. Counting down the minutes!!!

Recuperating from minor surgery watching Saving Mr. Banks, Frozen ! Not a bad day. 49 days.

I am having surgery on Wednesday. I will be doing the same thing...lol. Praying I will be in good enough shape for Disney. But, hey....not feeling well at Disney is better than not feeling well at home...lol.

39 days to go!:cheer2:

Just booked our first family Disney World vacation for May! We are so excited we have to daughters 4 &1! :cool1:

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!princess:

Just booked our first family Disney World vacation for May! We are so excited we have to daughters 4 &1! :cool1: Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!princess:

How exciting!!! I remember that first trip. DD was 5. She thought she wanted to do rides, shows, then characters in order of importance. Chef Mickey's our first morning there and it was characters, characters, and rides. So it depends on what the girls are into.
Breakfast at Akerhaus is nice because you get a variety of princesses. Also love Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's is the one must do of every trip since. Chef Mickey's is loud so if the girls are sensitive to that, be aware. Our trip next month we are trying H & V for the first time with characters. Even though Dd is 12 - she loves Princess Sofia and Doc McStuffins. And they have a chocolate fountain at lunch.
If you are interested in Fantasmic - consider a dinner package at H & V or Mama Melrose.

mrsmckenna08 said:
Just booked our first family Disney World vacation for May! We are so excited we have to daughters 4 &1! :cool1:

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!princess:

Awesome! We are traveling with our girls...4(celebrating 5th bday) and 3 yr old.

Just booked our first family Disney World vacation for May! We are so excited we have to daughters 4 &1! :cool1: Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!princess:

Best advice I can give is plan out your days and take time to return to your hotel for a mid-day rest!!! This will help avoid melt downs (both children and adults)!!

Jumping in! We added a May trip to hit 2 SWW's, so we will be there May 15-25, splitting our stay between Shades of Green and an offsite rental at Orbit One through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. The AFVCLUB was offering a BOGO week stay, and since we were already doing a week rental for a hockey tournament, this is our "free" week. Can't beat the price! Since we already have an on-site trip booked for Sept, we are going to get AP's and break them in during this trip. I'm so excited, and curious how FP+ will work.

It is starting to get real. I will pay off the trip on Friday. All of my ADR's are set. Made FP+ choices last night. Going to do online check in later maybe. If I add the credit card (which is already in the system) will they automatically add the tips to it, or can I tell them no charging??

It is starting to get real. I will pay off the trip on Friday. All of my ADR's are set. Made FP+ choices last night. Going to do online check in later maybe. If I add the credit card (which is already in the system) will they automatically add the tips to it, or can I tell them no charging??

Exciting isn't it? I'm making my 2nd to last payment tomorrow and I'm going to try to stay up until midnight to see if my fast pass + window opens.

They won't automatically add tips to the credit card on file. You decide how to pay those. If you charge anything to your room though, including tips, if/when you reach your charging limit, they will charge the card on file to clear the balance. IIRC, the limits are $500 for Value resorts, $1000 for Moderates and $1500 for Deluxe resorts.

Exciting isn't it? I'm making my 2nd to last payment tomorrow and I'm going to try to stay up until midnight to see if my fast pass + window opens.

They won't automatically add tips to the credit card on file. You decide how to pay those. If you charge anything to your room though, including tips, if/when you reach your charging limit, they will charge the card on file to clear the balance. IIRC, the limits are $500 for Value resorts, $1000 for Moderates and $1500 for Deluxe resorts.

Thank you. That is what I am worried about. I have envelopes made and will have everything separated by days. It helps me stay on budget a little better. :)

I am getting super excited too!!! Got all my fast pass done last night, made a few time adjustments this morning and all my ADRs are finished!!!!

I always make tip envelopes for both mousekeeping and meals. I try and pre-fill them with cash so that part of my trip budget is already done. You can look at most of the table service restaurants and make a pretty decent guess what the tip will be. Then I usually change out about $40 into singles to add if I need to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter