• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

‘harry Potter’ Author Pregnant; Will Deliver Baby In 14 To 18 Months

fklhou

<font color=red>Liberal and proud of it<br><font c
‘HARRY POTTER’ AUTHOR PREGNANT; WILL DELIVER BABY IN 14 TO 18 MONTHS

Wants to Be Sure Infant Is Up To Her Usual Standards, Rowling Says

“Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling announced today that she was pregnant but warned fans not to expect her to give birth “for at least another fourteen to eighteen months.”

Ms. Rowling defended her unusually long gestation period, calling herself a “perfectionist” who wanted to be sure that she “got the baby right.”

“I’m a perfectionist and I want a bit more of a tweak,” the best-selling author said. “If I delivered a baby who wasn’t up to my usual standards, that wouldn’t be doing me or my fans any favors, would it?”

Ms. Rowling, whose successive installments in the “Potter” series have been getting longer, heavier and bulkier, seems to be taking the same approach to child-bearing, telling reporters she expected her new baby to weigh “two to three times” as much as her first child.

To that end, Ms. Rowling said, “I am eating like a bloody pig.”

Publishing insiders seemed to agree with Ms. Rowling’s assessment, predicting that the author’s next child would be “huge.”

“I saw her the other day on Charing Cross Road, and she was literally stuffing her face with toffee,” said one British publisher, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “I daresay she looked as though she had just swallowed J.R.R. Tolkien whole.”

While 18 months is a long gestation period for most mammals, it is not extraordinary for the Asian Elephant, who may take up to 21 months, experts say.

**** BOROWITZ AT THE NEW YORKER FESTIVAL ****

Andy Borowitz talks with actor John Turturro this Saturday night at The New Yorker Festival in Manhattan. For information, go to www.newyorker.com

I liked it....thanks!

Denise < --- now she knows why Book 5 took so long... ;)

This is satire making fun of the fact that J.R. Rowling is taking much longer on book five than on the other books.

laugh.gif

I had to read all the replies, but now that I get it, I feel dumb :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter