„Did you feel pressured to provide only EXCELLENT ratings?“

To be honest and not to take anything away, we loved FP+! We were able to hit 4 parks in 1 full and two half days and were able to get on all of our favourite rides, plus a few extras. It was awesome. Worked like clockwork for us. :thumbsup2:

Awesome! This makes me feel better because I have been worrying about it.

Here! :wave2: I love the title! "No pressure, but my pay raise depends on getting ONLY excellent on everything, because we are never satisfied unless we get excellent ratings!" :lmao:

Great start Karin! How nice that your long wait time could be taken in such comfortable surroundings with LOTS of snacks!:thumbsup2

Such a really magical start love the Pick Me Up bar and the photos from the plane . the food pictures look like i want to eat now and those eggs look so good
and OMG you guys have no luck with delays ?? well bring on lunch ?

Thank you, Jeff!
There was a lot of food offered, so be prepared for more photos to come. And we were glad there were NO delays this time (so far), so that made for a nice change. ;)

What nice pictures of the city.

:rotfl2:

They not often approach Frankfurt over the city, so this was an extra treat. :goodvibes

It looks like your trip is off to a great start! Lots of good things to nibble on while waiting too.:thumbsup2

It started off perfectly, how could it not, we were going to Disney. :woohoo:

I'm in- sounds like a great start to your trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!!

Welcome!
This trip started out great (and stayed that way ;)). Be prepared for more fun (and food) to come. :thumbsup2

Dizneet- I love your trip reports and travel adventures.

I told my husband I wanted to be you when I grow up! :cool1::lmao:

Welcome!
How wonderful to know that you like to come along on our adventures. :goodvibes

And you're off! The Lounge food looks really tasty! Business Class really is the best way to fly. :cool1:

Jill in CO

If only I could afford going Business Class on every flight, but it is so expensive. We were just lucky that our upgrade came through. :goodvibes

The lounge is just such a great place to hang out in. Comfy chairs, lots of nibbles and free internet. :lmao:

Awesome! This makes me feel better because I have been worrying about it.

I was worried before too, especially with all the bad reviews, but it worked like clockwork for us, all the reservations, tickets were there and it was really nice to NOT have to take a ticket out again and again, but just holding your Magicband against Mickey. :thumbsup2

Here! :wave2: I love the title! "No pressure, but my pay raise depends on getting ONLY excellent on everything, because we are never satisfied unless we get excellent ratings!" :lmao:

Exactly! And my title line is a even a question on the comment form. :rotfl2: Every time I read it, it cracks me up. :rotfl2:

Hi Tom! The best cure is to plan the next trip!:surfweb:

That's what we are currently doing. ;)
We have a Med cruise on the Magic in July, a trip to DLRP in August and another Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic in March next year to look forward too and I am bugging him with my being so impatient with not being able for summer 2015 as they (DCL) are so slow with releasing the new itineraries for summer 2015. :sad2:

Great start Karin! How nice that your long wait time could be taken in such comfortable surroundings with LOTS of snacks!:thumbsup2

Thank you, Tammie!
It was real nice to spend the time in the lounge, so much nicer than the hard chairs at the gates. ;)

Day 1, February 15

Here we go again ……….. - Part 2

About an hour later, around 11.30 Tom went to the bathroom anld came back with the news, that while walking by the buffet he had noticed they had changed to the lunch offerings.
There was no way we would not give them a try. So I walked to the buffet area and had a look and they had some different kinds of salads and chicken nuggets. So I filled two small plates with salad and put some dressing on top,

then Tom went to get some drinks,

white wine for himself and some Diet Coke for me before he went and picked up a plate full of

chicken nuggets and some ketchup. And while the salad was fresh and tasty, the nuggets were like the ones McDonald’s sells. They got a bit better dipped into lots of ketchup. And after lunch Tom got himself some

coffee and some

wonderful light Yogurt with apricot topping and some cookies for me. We were both very full and very happy with our day so far.
There was still about half an hour left until it was time to board, so we made the best of it and relaxed and were happy that so far there was no delay in sight.
Around quarter to one we took turns making one last restroom stop and then we left the lounge and walked over to our gate.

There were so many people waiting and many of them had to stand and wait as there were by far not enough seats in the immediate area.
Soon First and Business class and parents with small children were called to board and off we went through the turnstiles and onto the plane. We were on a 747 – 400 and our seats were right up front in the nose of the plane.

I had never been there, so it was interesting to see. We found our seats, stowed our luggage, were incredibly happy with our legroom

and soon the flight attendant came around to welcome us on the plane and offer some refreshments. Tom picked a glass of water, while I thought it would be nice to kick off things in style and opted for

a glass of Prosecco. We leaned back, enjoyed our drinks and waited for departure.
The plane pushed back about 10 minutes later than expected

and about 15 minutes later we were finally taking off.

And once we had made it above the clouds

we got our noise reduction ear buds out and checked the entertainment schedule. It didn’t make sense to take out Tom’s pad to start watching something as they were already preparing to go around with drinks again, so we both settled on watching “Notting Hill” on the inflight screen.
We had been handed a menu a little earlier, so while enjoying our drinks we went through what was offered and then decided to agree on two dishes and share them. And about half an hour into the flight we were handed hot towels, real ones, not the paper kind they hand out in economy and after they had collected them again, white table cloths were put on our little tables.
Soon it was our turn to decide what we wanted to drink and while Tom went with a

Warsteiner beer, I thought I might go all the way and ask for the

Champagne Jacquard Brut Mosaique from France. And with our drinks we were served a small bag of smoked almonds, which were really nice, but you could only have so many of them before the smoke flavour became a bit too overwhelming.
And then it was time to indulge in our starters.

To be continued ............

Living in luxury! Check-out that legroom!! My husband wouldve been chowing down on chicken nuggets and lots of catsup :) Glad there was no crazy delay this takeoff!

Living in luxury! Check-out that legroom!! My husband wouldve been chowing down on chicken nuggets and lots of catsup :) Glad there was no crazy delay this takeoff!

Luxury it definitely was. :thumbsup2 The space in business class is just awesome.

I just LOVE Disney's chicken tenders, so these were not quite up to par, but lots of ketchup helped them all go down. ;)

Luxury it definitely was. :thumbsup2 The space in business class is just awesome.

I just LOVE Disney's chicken tenders, so these were not quite up to par, but lots of ketchup helped them all go down. ;)
:thumbsup2 It is awesome to hear about your GOOD flight this far Karin :hug:

I normally ooh and ahh over your food offerings on flights, but this time I am going to over those seats!!! Look at all of that leg room. That looks amazing.:goodvibes

but yes... the food and drink still is up there too. ;) :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 It is awesome to hear about your GOOD flight this far Karin :hug:

Yes, in it stayed that way. Totally pampered. :goodvibes

I normally ooh and ahh over your food offerings on flights, but this time I am going to over those seats!!! Look at all of that leg room. That looks amazing.:goodvibes

but yes... the food and drink still is up there too. ;) :thumbsup2

No problem ooh and aahing over the legroom. That is what we did. :lmao: Having all that space was just awesome.
And the food was not bad either. ;)

Nice luxurious flight Karin
It's funny to see Hugh Grant staring at your champagne glass ;)

This has GOT to be the best travel day ever!!! :rotfl2: I am loving all the food and drink!

How I miss first-class - I used to travel so much for work that I always had a million frequent flier miles and would travel first-class all the time. My how times have changed! :rolleyes: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter