Zero dining reservations? What am I doing wrong?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We're at 59 days from the start of our trip. We're staying on property. I've logged into the website, so it knows we're onsite guests.... and yet there isn't a single dining reservation for the first two days of our trip. I'm also not able to see the rest of the trip - but maybe that's a WDW thing, where you can reserve for your whole trip on day 1? In any case, it seems weird that reservations open today and there's still nothing. What am I missing?

Have you tried requesting a specific time instead of choosing "lunch" or "dinner" when checking availability? For some weird reason, that sometimes makes a difference. And, unlike WDW, they don't release all restaurants at 60 days. I'm going the first week of August. I was able to get Blue Bayou at 6am EDT at 60 days, but I was just able to get Lamplight Lounge this week. Just keep trying! Good luck!

Have you tried requesting a specific time instead of choosing "lunch" or "dinner" when checking availability? For some weird reason, that sometimes makes a difference. And, unlike WDW, they don't release all restaurants at 60 days. I'm going the first week of August. I was able to get Blue Bayou at 6am EDT at 60 days, but I was just able to get Lamplight Lounge this week. Just keep trying! Good luck!

I've gone hour by hour, I can find two quick service options at 12:30, and one Oga's at 9:25. Nothing else. Am I really too late already?

They may not be available yet. I have heard that they were a few days behind. My trip is 6 weeks out and there are still a ton of reservations (nothing for DTD yet). Just keep checking.

I've gone hour by hour, I can find two quick service options at 12:30, and one Oga's at 9:25. Nothing else. Am I really too late already?
Quick service doesn’t have reservations. What ones are coming up at 12:30?

Our trip isn't until late August so I can't book yet for us, but I've been test-checking every morning around 730-8 a.m. EST. It's very, very, all over the place. Sometimes I'll find a BB or an Oga's or a Napa Rose, other times, barely anything at all. Sometimes if I click on a time like 12 p.m., nothing will show up, but if I refresh that same time, three different places will pop up. Some observations and tips I've learned between testing DLs system and using WDWs many many times:
  • If you see an availability for a place you want, grab it regardless of the time it's for, and just keep trying to tweak the time for it. It's easier to change times once you have a place booked, than to find the exact time you want from scratch.
  • Try selecting specific times rather than the blocks like lunch, dinner, etc.
  • If you don't see what you want, keep checking each day. DL's seems to be a bit less structured than WDW's, so not everything goes right up at the 60 day mark, and not all spots for a single place go up at the same time.
  • Even after all that you can't find what you want, have a backup in mind, but actively check during your trip. We've had good luck with the "refresh" method at WDW parks on the day of, as people will cancel ADRs same day bc their timing/schedules change.

GCH Craftsman Bar and now Lamplight Lounge
Those are both sit down. Lamplight can be hard to come by so if the menu interests you at all, I’d snag that one.

Craftsman can be confusing because they do have a quick service in the same area (Craftsman’s Grill), but they also have the sit down (Craftman’s Bar).

ETA: I realized I didn’t answer one of your questions in your original post. Unlike WDW, you can’t book length of stay dining at DL, so it does mean logging in each day as they release days.

Those two and Wine Country Trattoria are the only ones they’ve been loading starting 8/14. I presume the others will come eventually.

Disneyland doesn't always have everything ready to go at 60 days out, which is frustrating. But also, things are going super quick since it's sill limited

Also, you have to make each day separately. It's not like WDW dining where you can make them for your whole trip.

I was able to grab Wine Country Trattoria for my son and his GF for August 7. They had their choice of a few lunch or dinner times. I think the key is to check early and often and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter