You've Got To be Kidding Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we get older, we need comfy places to rest our weary bones, especially while listening to a UK concert or eating a QS meal. That's the part I don't understand - why take out seating in those areas? Perhaps Disney is not interested in my demographic? A curb, an iron railing, or a cement sidewalk doesn't work for some of us. I thought Disney considered the older generation a good source of income, but perhaps I'm wrong.

For those that hinted we're not looking in the right places or are too picky, that's not helpful. As a Disney veteran, I know where the seating was and a lot of it is gone, especially in Epcot. Yes, there's still seating, but not as much as there used to be.

Lady Hiss
princess:

For those that hinted we're not looking in the right places or are too picky, that's not helpful. As a Disney veteran, I know where the seating was and a lot of it is gone, especially in Epcot. Yes, there's still seating, but not as much as there used to be.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As we get older, we need comfy places to rest our weary bones, especially while listening to a UK concert or eating a QS meal. That's the part I don't understand - why take out seating in those areas? Perhaps Disney is not interested in my demographic? A curb, an iron railing, or a cement sidewalk doesn't work for some of us. I thought Disney considered the older generation a good source of income, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Lady Hiss
princess:

Does the QS in the UK have seating of its own?

And I guess if they don't care about you, they don't care about pregnant women and ambulatory guests with ailments either.

If my memory serve me correctly, there are a few tables by the Fish and Chip stand by the water. However, it is very inconvenience for guests who want to eat and enjoy the concert at the same time or just want some quiet time at the courtyard after the benches removal.

The only time I feel the lack or sitting or table in EPCOT is during the Food and Wine Festival. I found the big trash bin quite useful at that time. LOL

I forget where I read it, but I think Tokyo Disney put in a whole bunch of benches because of the way families visit the parks there. Since their society is top-heavy in the older brackets, there might be one grandchild, two parents and four grandparents visiting, but the grandparents can't walk around all day or don't want to. And then they let the adult parents go off and ride while they watch the little one(s).

Kind of interesting if for no other reason that benches and seating are probably never just left to chance in a theme park.

Anyone have a list, complete or not, of where benches have been removed from WDW in the last couple of years or so?

I must say, I'm very dissapointed in WDW for going this direction lately. Everyone knows how much walking is done in the parks each day, and we're typically park open to close type people and need to rest our feet to do that.

Dan

Does the QS in the UK have seating of its own?

And I guess if they don't care about you, they don't care about pregnant women and ambulatory guests with ailments either.

Lady Hiss
princess:

I've gone to WDW with my dad many times. And it has never been a problem to find him a seat when he wants or needs one. So if you are currently having problems, then I'm sorry, you are not looking in the right places. Maybe the seating isn't exactly where it used to be, but there is still seating.

There is a difference between having no seating and there not being seating in the same spot that it used to be in.

Maybe people didn't used to trip on the benches, but now that they're all looking down at their phone for the MDE app, they're starting to. ;)

I wonder just how much truth there is to this. Seriously. It's not stroller-to-the-ankles anymore, right? It's people walking into things. I see it where I work all the time.

I've gone to WDW with my dad many times. And it has never been a problem to find him a seat when he wants or needs one. So if you are currently having problems, then I'm sorry, you are not looking in the right places. Maybe the seating isn't exactly where it used to be, but there is still seating.

There is a difference between having no seating and there not being seating in the same spot that it used to be in.

I have gone pregnant as well. Never had a problem finding a seat including recent visits.
:earsgirl:

But the point being--it would be more than just the elderly they don't care about if they indeed
Didn't care about guest experience.

I wonder just how much truth there is to this. Seriously. It's not stroller-to-the-ankles anymore, right? It's people walking into things. I see it where I work all the time.

Yes, and I assume people aren't on MDE at your workplace. People with phones in their faces not looking where they're going has been a problem for a long time.

If fact, people at WDW not looking where they're going has been a problem since park opening. I have a feeling if it rained, it would be because of MDE according to some people.

I've been with my 74 year old mother and now that I'm older, I need more frequent breaks myself. We've never had an issue finding an appropriate, comfortable place to sit. Perhaps not in the exact spot we're standing at the time we decide we want to sit, but close enough by that no one suffered too much.

Much ado about nothing.

Yes, and I assume people aren't on MDE at your workplace. People with phones in their faces not looking where they're going has been a problem for a long time.

If fact, people at WDW not looking where they're going has been a problem since park opening. I have a feeling if it rained, it would be because of MDE according to some people.

I have seen videos from a local mall of people walking into the fountains, because they were looking at their phones. Not hard to imagine people tripping on all sorts of stuff at WDW.

Well according to some, benches and places to sit are not an issue at all. So.......................

Elmo_zpsnycfxhry.jpg

There's a term for companies who respond to customer requests for more by providing less:

Bankrupt.

Right on IBFW! I just don't understand the "logic" of not providing a customer service such as benches around such a huge area as Epcot! Even if someone is young and healthy, their legs and feet get tired too, not to mention the children and older people! It makes no sense to me for "benches to be removed by WDW because it is better not to accommodate some people when they cannot accommodate all that want seats?" I am not quoting, but jus the jist of the remark. That statement makes no common sense to me. It seems a company would want to make it easier on their guests by providing some seating for an occasional rest. That does not mean that every "young person" would hog the seats, so better not have any? I just don't get that at all. If it is that way this November when we return, I will not spend much time In Epcot.

Right on IBFW! I just don't understand the "logic" of not providing a customer service such as benches around such a huge area as Epcot! Even if someone is young and healthy, their legs and feet get tired too, not to mention the children and older people! It makes no sense to me for "benches to be removed by WDW because it is better not to accommodate some people when they cannot accommodate all that want seats?" I am not quoting, but jus the jist of the remark. That statement makes no common sense to me. It seems a company would want to make it easier on their guests by providing some seating for an occasional rest. That does not mean that every "young person" would hog the seats, so better not have any? I just don't get that at all. If it is that way this November when we return, I will not spend much time In Epcot.

If you follow the whole thread, all that is known is that some small, undetermined number of benches has been removed from one spot at the UK pavilion. Nobody knows why that may have been done, but there are a lot of theories. My main point is not to try to explain the reason why the benches were removed from the UK courtyard area (because I am just guessing like everyone else) but to say that I disagree that it is part of a corporate plan to get people on their feet and spending more money.

There are also many other benches and other places to sit around Epcot and the rest of the World Showcase. Nobody here knows if the overall seating capacity has been increased or decreased. All we seem to know is that bench seating has been removed in at least one area and chair and table seating has been added in at least one other area.

So, the conclusions that somehow Disney is removing all seating and doesn't want to accommodate older guests require an astounding leap of logic with no basis in fact. The suggestion that this is the sign of a company that doesn't care about its guests that might lead to bankruptcy is that much more strained.

ETA: and now someone says the benches in the UK courtyard are back. So, the whole thread becomes a big "never mind".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter