You've Got To be Kidding Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I have not been to WDW since December.

Yesterday I grabbed some fish n' chips from Yorkshire about 2:30 and headed to Tudor Lane to grab a bench for the 3:00 British Revolution show.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that ALL THE BENCHES WERE GONE!lol

What in the World(Showcase) could be behind the rationale for removing these benches?

I am SO with you on this! We just got back and found the lack of seating at Epcot to be really, really annoying. :mad:People were using the trash can tops as tables for eating their fish and chips - so much for a fun, magical meal. It was hot as Hades and few places to sit throughout the park (people were sitting on the 'curb' outside of the Starbucks, on the ground along the walkway around China, etc.). Animal Kingdom has the same problem - I'm hoping they'll add more seating with the completed construction. And I don't think hard, stone walls should be considered as 'seating areas'.

I'm not buying the excuse that benches interfere with traffic flow either. IF that's the case, re-design the walkways!! More benches are needed for those of us who need a place to rest, people watch, and eat the overpriced food. It's brutal to spend hours walking around in the Florida heat and humidity. Perhaps this is one reason we saw so many scooters?

Lady Hiss princess:

I have not been to WDW since December.

Yesterday I grabbed some fish n' chips from Yorkshire about 2:30 and headed to Tudor Lane to grab a bench for the 3:00 British Revolution show.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that ALL THE BENCHES WERE GONE!lol

What in the World(Showcase) could be behind the rationale for removing these benches?

So they can offer you an entertainment package and charge you for reserved seating later?

Somebody might want to tell the DIS :-)

Just opened and read the newly posted article ...

Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT
Stephen Porter | April 19, 2015

Gardens in the United Kingdom Pavilion

The gardens in the United Kingdom Pavilion are tucked away and out of the stream of traffic. With plenty of benches, the gardens of the United Kingdom Pavilion could be the perfect place for you and your family to sneak away from the crowds. Additionally the gardens are beautiful which add to the serenity. Occasionally the cover band the British Revolution will cause the gardens to become crowded and loud, but most of the time I highly suggest the gardens in the United Kingdom as a great place to get away from the racket.

Easy! When I went in February I bought Fish & Chips (highly overrated btw) and pulled up a trash can and ate my lunch right there and did some people watching. The best part is when I was done all I had to do was lean over and throw the trash away. Win - Win!

P.S. There were a lot of people sitting on the curbs doing the same thing.

The removal of benches in the parks has been happening over the last few years.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed here. A few months ago I posted something about all the benches going away from the international gateway.

A few weeks later they were all back having been nicely refinished.

I'm hoping.
I hope you're on to something here and the "BR benches" are just out for refurb!

I sat on one of the IG benches today,but it is a little hard to see BR from there!lol

I often have a backpack with me and thought about keeping a picnic blanket in there. Would they yell at me if I brought it out and laid it on the ground when we were looking for a place to sit? Not during any parades or fireworks, just as a place to sit to take a break. I almost never find a real bench that is unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter