Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Generally for me, my first and last day just have to be in the Magic Kingdom, and then the last day is soo bitter sweet. What a treat to know that you would be back in 12 short days. I love your writing and pictures, it helps me pass the time until my next visit.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I can't wait to read more.

Yum their apple turnovers are so delicious! I have only had a bite of one though...the ice cream sandwich always wins for me when I pick out my snack!

Ahhhh, I can't even imagine leaving Disney and knowing I'll be right back. That is so crazy awesome. I seriously am going to do back to back trips sometimes. NECESSARY.

What section of POR are the Mansions in? Isn't it called something else or am I mistaken?

LMAO at your mom's text to you. "Why do these things happen to me??" :rotfl: I know how she feels!

I love when the Casey's seating area is empty! We always sit there too.

AWWW the ducklings!!!

Aww, I love your mom's 50th bday picture on Small World! That's just precious.

"The Hawaiian music is so relaxing" LOL but really it is!

Great updates as usual! Can't wait for more!!

YAY!! EEEEEK Magic Kingdom mornings! I totally love taking it slow in the morning sometimes, getting breakfast, relaxing, people watching. But, having it be the last day, I get the wanting to GOOOO

So cute that your mom texted you about the bakery. We have apple crisp at work and every time we heat it up, it smells just like Main St and that's the only place I want to be.

Yay for Splash! My verdict is: there is no wrong time for Splash, you can always change after, right? :rotfl:

Ooo I love the photo journey on your way into MK! How fun! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm Main Street Bakery breakfast....yummmm! popcorn::

Even thought it's 11.30pm over here now. I need one of those breakfast croissants from Main Street Bakery. It just looks yum! :goodvibes

Awesome! I read about five updates at once and now I really wish I was at main street bakery! Or any number of other places at Disney.
The kermit antenna topper is cute. I've not seen one like that before.
I love your description of the audition process. I'm sure I will never get to do that but am glad you did it and shared it with dis readers!
I think your night time spaceship earth photos were especially nice. The colors are so lovely and it just makes me feel like I am right there and I can capture the magic I feel when I am there.
The France restaurant does look tempting. The salmon or the mac and cheese would be welcome for my dinner this evening! It is unacceptable and shocking that there was a lack of cute waiters! I can only hope that situation improves.
I sat at the outdoor seating at Casey's one evening for EMH. I agree that it has a nice view.
I am so happy that you have more report because you were soon going back to the WORLD.
:hug:

So sad, the last day:sad1:

But knowing you're going back!:cheer2:

Love going along on your journey, I've never been to the parking lot, so it's nice to see.

I seriously can NOT wait to see all the Christmas decor! I'm just loving all the pictures!

Main Street Bakey is a goal for us now! I need one of the those breakfast sandwiches, and cinn Buns!

Oh gosh, you really did have a blessing of a December! That's like my dream. Lucky duckling!

Honestly I'm glad you took all those pictures TOO because I did the whole thing on my very first day at like the very first moments so I was WAY too excited to even think about photography haha, but later I wished that I had! SO, good for you woooo!

Ugh that picture IS perfection. Woweeeeeee! I cannot wait to see that view in person again. BLFJIKLFJLAJFLJAL. CONTEMPORARY!!!!!!! BLT!!!!!

YES SPLASH!!!! My favorite, I'm in love!!! I was so happy to see the birds had fully recovered! I'm not gonna lie I actually made a mental note in my head to look to see if they had been revived! AND THANKFULLY THEY HAD! But uhhh you knew that duh. Anyways... hooray! Enjoyable update, as always!

OH.MY.GOODNESS. The Main Street Bakery pictures are making my mouth water!!! :love: I want a cinnamon roll NOW!!!!!!!! SO sad it's your last day, but you are very lucky to be heading right back two weeks later!! :thumbsup2 That's the way to do it! :laughing: Oh and I love your pics entering the TTA! Definitely capturing the moment! I do the same thing :lovestruc

Hi Jess! Longtime lurker here, finally de-lurking. I've followed along with all your trip reports (and Kristen's too!) and you always have so much fun on your trips!

This mother/daughter trip has been especially fun to read. You got to make some truly special memories with your mom! And it's giving me the urge to go to Disney at Christmastime, I haven't been at that time of year since I was little! Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip and the ones that follow. :goodvibes

Yesss! I love your play by play of entering MK. I have way too many parking lot shots. Even parking at WDW is photo worthy lol
Yes Hawaiian music is the best! You really need to go to Hawaii... Haha I know I keep saying that but ahhhh so good :goodvibes
Awwwhhhh ducklings! They always seem to be chillin near the castle at all times of the year...Making everything even more magical. You go ducklings!
That apple turnover looks so tasty!
Back to back trips sounds like the only way to get rid of...or at least minimise last day blues! Or of course living and working there...that would work too.
Your mum's 50th picture is the cutest!
And I love the Splash picture, looks some extreme grinning you are doing.
Ha i love reading old trip journals and find those few sentences completely out of context. It's always something completely random like 'you cut that beef soldier' and you have to spend some time decoding and figuring out a) what it means and b) why was it important at the time. Oh trip journals!

I'm joining in- I loved reading your report! Sounds like so much fun! I actually went on a super quick mother-daughter trip to WDW December 9-11th, so looks like we just missed ya!

Can't wait for more :)

So sad that it's your last day, but how awesome that you would be back in only 12 days! :goodvibes That must be a really great feeling!

Look at that blue sky behind the Christmas tree! Gorgeous! :lovestruc

That's so awesome that you and your mom are so much alike! That's how I am with my mom too! :)

I love your mom's hidden Mickey bagel! So cute! :cutie:

Awww it looks like the duck family is admiring the castle in that picture!! :cloud9:

HAHAHA that guy in your Splash ride photo looks like Rose on the front of the Titanic! "Jack...I'm flying!" :lmao:

Yay! I can't wait to read more, and then to hear about the next portion of your December in Disney! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh Port Orleans is so pretty, I want to explore it so badly! Darn my family staying offsite!

ahh Monorail, too excited to ride that again! I can hear the announcements already. Bliss!!

MK just looks so pretty decorated for Christmas, I am so excited to see it decorated for Halloween when I go, decorations just seems to make it more magical!

Cinnamon rolls are number one on my list of must haves, I cannot wait to buy one again, mmm! I agree though, the bakery is too perfect for words! We found that little spot at Casey's Corner to eat at last time we visited too, it's so peaceful, I love it! Random fountains are amazing, it means more Disney water smells! :rotfl2:

Ah Splash Mountain! I have a love-hate relationship with that ride, when I was very little I had a phobia of getting wet on rides, I hated it! I don't think I've quite gotten over it so it makes me so nervous everytime I'm on it! That being said, I would never miss out on riding it, even if I am in a poncho!! Haha. And thank goodness the chickens are alive again! I was starting to get worried!

I've started my pre-trip report now, I couldn't resist, the link is in my signature, feel free to check it out. It's very lonely at the moment! ;)

Ooh and my instagram name is lauraclaireh I think! :)

Dude, I am convinced that those cinnamon buns at the Bakery are just getting bigger and bigger. Must add the apple turnover to my list of things to try because that looks delish. Gosh, I have way more sweets on my list than savory items. Oh well. It's not like I have a sweet tooth or anything.

Aw, your hair still looks all pretty straight that morning. It looks like it was a beautiful morning that day.

Um, another fantastic ride photo. Every row has something different going on.

Those poinsettas are just gorgeous. So beautiful.

Haha I know right!? They're ginormous! And YES you definitely do! Those turnovers are not talked about enough. They're absolutely amazing! And LOL it's Disney - if you want sweets, HAVE YOUR SWEETS! It's always worth indulging on Disney food rather than regular food, am I right?!

Yeah it was okay in the morning! By the end of my MK time it was getting like half wavy. But yes, it was lovely out!

Haha I just seem to have very interesting ride pictures all of the time hahaha

I agree! They made the MK even more beautiful than it already was!

Awww the last day is always the hardest thing ever, but yay for it only being 12 days till your next one. That must have been an amazing thought to keep you going on your last day.

Port Orleans looks gorgeous, I can see why you are so excited to stay there again!

Your apple turnover looks divine, could there possibly be a more perfect place than the Main Street Bakery..seriously everything just looks delicious.

I know... but in this case it wasn't too bad! Literally, my life consisted of solely Disney during the month of December. It was AWESOME.

It was super pretty! I'm actually going to be staying at French Quarter... which I like even more than Riverside! (but only by a tiny bit haha) Both resorts are unbelievable!

Those turnovers are just unbelievably good. And no, I don't think it's possible. The Main Street Bakery is heaven on earth!!!

Generally for me, my first and last day just have to be in the Magic Kingdom, and then the last day is soo bitter sweet. What a treat to know that you would be back in 12 short days. I love your writing and pictures, it helps me pass the time until my next visit.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I can't wait to read more.

I always love doing that - the Magic Kingdom to start and end a trip really makes it special! And yes, that was just amazing! Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying the trip report! Thanks for the compliments!

Yum their apple turnovers are so delicious! I have only had a bite of one though...the ice cream sandwich always wins for me when I pick out my snack!

They ARE! Ah yum I wish I had one right now. Those ice cream sandwiches are amazing too! It's so hard for me to go in the Main Street Bakery because I can never decide what I want - there are so many amazing options!

Ahhhh, I can't even imagine leaving Disney and knowing I'll be right back. That is so crazy awesome. I seriously am going to do back to back trips sometimes. NECESSARY.

What section of POR are the Mansions in? Isn't it called something else or am I mistaken?

LMAO at your mom's text to you. "Why do these things happen to me??" :rotfl: I know how she feels!

I love when the Casey's seating area is empty! We always sit there too.

AWWW the ducklings!!!

Aww, I love your mom's 50th bday picture on Small World! That's just precious.

"The Hawaiian music is so relaxing" LOL but really it is!

Great updates as usual! Can't wait for more!!

It was such a great feeling! I loved knowing I would be able to come right back! However, after the second trip my Post Disney Depression was quite severe :laughing: But yes, you definitely will have to do that someday! It makes leaving so much less painful!

You know... I can't remember. I think it's just called the Mansion section, isn't it? I don't know!

Bahaha that was my favorite part of my Mom's text too. She's too funny. Her text messages crack me up.

LOL oh thanks. My Mom loves to hold up her "5" and "0" fingers to remember it was her 50th birthday. Haha she's too funny.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked them!

YAY!! EEEEEK Magic Kingdom mornings! I totally love taking it slow in the morning sometimes, getting breakfast, relaxing, people watching. But, having it be the last day, I get the wanting to GOOOO

So cute that your mom texted you about the bakery. We have apple crisp at work and every time we heat it up, it smells just like Main St and that's the only place I want to be.

Yay for Splash! My verdict is: there is no wrong time for Splash, you can always change after, right? :rotfl:

Ahh I love it too! Magic Kingdom mornings are the best!

Haha she's adorable. But yummm apple crisp. For some reason I'm just in love with fruit desserts. That sounds divine. And the fact that it smells like Main Street?! Geez, I want some!

And YES I totally agree with you! :thumbsup2

Ooo I love the photo journey on your way into MK! How fun! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm Main Street Bakery breakfast....yummmm! popcorn::

Thank you!

Yum it was SO delicious!

Even thought it's 11.30pm over here now. I need one of those breakfast croissants from Main Street Bakery. It just looks yum! :goodvibes

Hahaha when I'm in Disney I usually end up getting croissants at strange hours of the day so I totally understand! :laughing:

Awesome! I read about five updates at once and now I really wish I was at main street bakery! Or any number of other places at Disney.
The kermit antenna topper is cute. I've not seen one like that before.
I love your description of the audition process. I'm sure I will never get to do that but am glad you did it and shared it with dis readers!
I think your night time spaceship earth photos were especially nice. The colors are so lovely and it just makes me feel like I am right there and I can capture the magic I feel when I am there.
The France restaurant does look tempting. The salmon or the mac and cheese would be welcome for my dinner this evening! It is unacceptable and shocking that there was a lack of cute waiters! I can only hope that situation improves.
I sat at the outdoor seating at Casey's one evening for EMH. I agree that it has a nice view.
I am so happy that you have more report because you were soon going back to the WORLD.
:hug:

Haha I tend to do that too when I read a lot about Disney at one time. I just get so wrapped up in the stories and pictures!

I agree! And neither have I. Maybe it was an older antenna topper?

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about it!

Aww that's such a wonderful compliment about Spaceship Earth! Thank you so much!

Ah Les Chefs de France is a wonderful restaurant! I love it there. The food is phenomenal! And when there are cute waiters the experience is enhanced even more!

Yes, that view is beautiful!

And LOL oh yes, I have about 12 or 13 more days of reporting to do for this trip report! It's not going to end anytime soon!

So sad, the last day:sad1:

But knowing you're going back!:cheer2:

Love going along on your journey, I've never been to the parking lot, so it's nice to see.

I seriously can NOT wait to see all the Christmas decor! I'm just loving all the pictures!

Main Street Bakey is a goal for us now! I need one of the those breakfast sandwiches, and cinn Buns!

I know! But yes, going back was definitely a good thing! And the upcoming trip was even better than this past one! (if you can imagine that!!)

Thank you! I'm glad you appreciated those pictures haha

Ahh I can't wait for you to see it either! I have SO many more Christmas decor pictures and facts coming up in the next trip report so I hope you continue to enjoy them!

You DEFINITELY need to make sure you go there! It's one of my top favorite places in all of Disney World! YUM!

Oh gosh, you really did have a blessing of a December! That's like my dream. Lucky duckling!

Honestly I'm glad you took all those pictures TOO because I did the whole thing on my very first day at like the very first moments so I was WAY too excited to even think about photography haha, but later I wished that I had! SO, good for you woooo!

Ugh that picture IS perfection. Woweeeeeee! I cannot wait to see that view in person again. BLFJIKLFJLAJFLJAL. CONTEMPORARY!!!!!!! BLT!!!!!

YES SPLASH!!!! My favorite, I'm in love!!! I was so happy to see the birds had fully recovered! I'm not gonna lie I actually made a mental note in my head to look to see if they had been revived! AND THANKFULLY THEY HAD! But uhhh you knew that duh. Anyways... hooray! Enjoyable update, as always!

Haha just another reason why transferring colleges was a fabulous idea! I had lots of time to go to Disney! It was literally a dream come true!

Yeah, taking lots of pictures is great! It's a pain to sort through the 5 1/2 million photos after the trip, but when I take it a little at a time it's not too bad!

I am SO excited you're going to BLT! You're going to just die of happiness. Like... I can only imagine.

Hahaha yes, I'm glad they're back to life! And thank you! I'm glad you liked the updates!

OH.MY.GOODNESS. The Main Street Bakery pictures are making my mouth water!!! :love: I want a cinnamon roll NOW!!!!!!!! SO sad it's your last day, but you are very lucky to be heading right back two weeks later!! :thumbsup2 That's the way to do it! :laughing: Oh and I love your pics entering the TTA! Definitely capturing the moment! I do the same thing :lovestruc

Yummm! ME TOO! I love those cinnamon rolls so much! And yes, I was glad I got to go right back. It made leaving a lot less painful! I wish I could do that every time haha. And aww thank you I'm glad you appreciated those! I like to take pictures like that in more obscure places to capture everything around me!

Hi Jess! Longtime lurker here, finally de-lurking. I've followed along with all your trip reports (and Kristen's too!) and you always have so much fun on your trips!

This mother/daughter trip has been especially fun to read. You got to make some truly special memories with your mom! And it's giving me the urge to go to Disney at Christmastime, I haven't been at that time of year since I was little! Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip and the ones that follow. :goodvibes

Hooray! Thank you so much for posting! And aw thanks, we love our Disney trips for sure!

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about our trip! I love going to WDW with my Mom so it's really fun to relive our memories when I write my trip report! And ahh you should DEFINITELY try to go during Christmas. It seriously is like a whole new experience. I can't even describe how much I love it!

Thank you! I'm so glad you're here and enjoying!

Yesss! I love your play by play of entering MK. I have way too many parking lot shots. Even parking at WDW is photo worthy lol
Yes Hawaiian music is the best! You really need to go to Hawaii... Haha I know I keep saying that but ahhhh so good :goodvibes
Awwwhhhh ducklings! They always seem to be chillin near the castle at all times of the year...Making everything even more magical. You go ducklings!
That apple turnover looks so tasty!
Back to back trips sounds like the only way to get rid of...or at least minimise last day blues! Or of course living and working there...that would work too.
Your mum's 50th picture is the cutest!
And I love the Splash picture, looks some extreme grinning you are doing.
Ha i love reading old trip journals and find those few sentences completely out of context. It's always something completely random like 'you cut that beef soldier' and you have to spend some time decoding and figuring out a) what it means and b) why was it important at the time. Oh trip journals!

Hahaha oh thank you. And I agree! Every aspect of Disney NEEDS TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED!

Ahh trust me, I want to. If I don't before I get married, I want to go to Aulani for my honeymoon. I NEED to go there!

Ducklings are adorable!

Haha yes, those are two good options. The only thing about the back to back trips is that when you leave after your second trip, the Post Disney Depression is quite severe! :laughing: But back to back trips are my favorite, needless to say!

Thanks!

BAHAHA but seriously. That perfectly sums it up. Trip Journals are super, super frumpy lol

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;44469012 said:
I'm joining in- I loved reading your report! Sounds like so much fun! I actually went on a super quick mother-daughter trip to WDW December 9-11th, so looks like we just missed ya!

Can't wait for more :)

Hooray! Thank you for being here! And thank you so much! Yeah, we literally left the day you arrived! How crazy!

Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy the trip report!

So sad that it's your last day, but how awesome that you would be back in only 12 days! :goodvibes That must be a really great feeling!

Look at that blue sky behind the Christmas tree! Gorgeous! :lovestruc

That's so awesome that you and your mom are so much alike! That's how I am with my mom too! :)

I love your mom's hidden Mickey bagel! So cute! :cutie:

Awww it looks like the duck family is admiring the castle in that picture!! :cloud9:

HAHAHA that guy in your Splash ride photo looks like Rose on the front of the Titanic! "Jack...I'm flying!" :lmao:

Yay! I can't wait to read more, and then to hear about the next portion of your December in Disney! :thumbsup2

It really was! I was just in my Disney prime at that point! :laughing:

It was such a beautiful day!

Aww it really is! Good Mother Daughter relationships are the best things to have!

Hahaha hidden mickeys should be made whenever the opportunity presents itself. :rotfl: Good life motto.

That duck family was WAYY too cute.

BAHAHA you're so right!! Yay Titanic! I can't wait until it comes out in 3-D!

Yay I can't wait to write about everything! I'm so excited!! It just gets even better from here!

Oh my gosh Port Orleans is so pretty, I want to explore it so badly! Darn my family staying offsite!

ahh Monorail, too excited to ride that again! I can hear the announcements already. Bliss!!

MK just looks so pretty decorated for Christmas, I am so excited to see it decorated for Halloween when I go, decorations just seems to make it more magical!

Cinnamon rolls are number one on my list of must haves, I cannot wait to buy one again, mmm! I agree though, the bakery is too perfect for words! We found that little spot at Casey's Corner to eat at last time we visited too, it's so peaceful, I love it! Random fountains are amazing, it means more Disney water smells! :rotfl2:

Ah Splash Mountain! I have a love-hate relationship with that ride, when I was very little I had a phobia of getting wet on rides, I hated it! I don't think I've quite gotten over it so it makes me so nervous everytime I'm on it! That being said, I would never miss out on riding it, even if I am in a poncho!! Haha. And thank goodness the chickens are alive again! I was starting to get worried!

I've started my pre-trip report now, I couldn't resist, the link is in my signature, feel free to check it out. It's very lonely at the moment! ;)

Ooh and my instagram name is lauraclaireh I think! :)

Aww I'm sorry! You can always make a quick stop over there to look if you ever have some downtime on any of your trips! You can get there quite easily from DTD if you take a boat!

I listen to the monorail voice guy all of the time because he just makes me so happy. :lovestruc

OH MY GOD YOU'RE GOING FOR HALLOWEEN!?! You are going to LOVE it. Halloween is seriously one of my favorite times to go EVER. I love MNSSHIP!!! :love: And the decorations are awesome!

Those Cinnamon Rolls are fantastic. I really want another one soon! And yes, I agree! And hahaha Disney fountains = Disney water smell, therefore I am in love with them all.

Aww I understand that! Yeah, my friend Allie hates getting wet on rides too. It's just one of those things I guess! And yeah, good thing the birds are all fixed! Hooray!

I will check it out if I can find a free moment! :)

And okay, I followed you!

Thanks for reading!

We were in Magic Kingdom that morning too! Wow, wouldn't it have been weird if we were in each others' pictures? Haha, I was checking but didn't see me.

I agree the last day is always so sad, but it's easier knowing you'll be back! Especially when your trips are so close together. That helps!

I just read your info about your May trip with Kristen and her family. I am already looking forward to duel reporting from you and Kristen! I predict there will be school bread and dear faces. Probably some muppets too. (The ultimate would be a deer muppet who enjoyed school bread).
Anyway, thanks for showing the monorail bracelet! That is tempting me. I'm not sure what stripe color I would need.
I hope your strep throat is gone and you are now healthy and happy.

Great updates!:goodvibes You take such beautiful pictures! I think I need to hire you to come along on our next family trip and take our pictures. ;)

That must have been a great feeling...even though you were leaving you were heading back home in just 12 days! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter