Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Yall's May trip sounds like SUCH a blast! That's so awesome that your mom suggested you stay longer! Bless her indeed. Hahah. Dining with an Imagineer sounds amazing! Wow. That'll be awesome to hear about! (And you know what else will be awesome to hear about? BAY LAKE TOWER! :dance3: )

Your Spaceship Earth pictures are unbelievable! Hahaha you're right, most photogenic thing ever! I LOVED the topiaries being all Christmassy! So precious!

Your dinner looks awesome! Hooray for Les Chefs but um... no attractive male waiters? What is THAT? I'm crossing my fingers for one at Via Napoli this summer because last time I went there I had a waitress, so I feel your pain! :rotfl:

You and your mom are so precious! Love all the pictures! Can't wait for more woohooooo! You're getting close to trip number two! :yay:

Your PTRs get me so excited since my trip is so soon after yours!! Also, I noticed my birthday is the day before yours! (May 7th!!) So glad we each get to celebrate our birthdays by going to WDW!! How fun that you get to stay a few extra days!! 62 days for me :goodvibes

I Love love love all your Epcot pictures! The Spaceship Earth pictures are so gorgeous! Too bad the cute boys at Les Chefs de France were lacking :sad2: I think its so neat that they reuse the topiaries from the Flower and Garden festival... I especially recognized the Goofy one in your pictures because during the festival he is holding a tennis racquet and here he is ice skating! Disney is so creative!!!!

Also, seeing as how I have read you previous TRs, my best friend and I that are going in May are taking a few cute sundresses to wear around the World. Thinking it will be more comfy and maybe not as hot wearing a sundress?? I wish I could find some cute Disney ones like you have but the online disney store doesn't seem to have any :confused3 OH WELL!!! Ok, I wrote a book! I will stop now! Haha.

OH MY GOD YOUR TRIP SOUNDS EPIC!! I AM SO SOSOSOSOSOSO JEALOUS!!! DINING WITH AN IMAGINEER! OMG! YOU ARE GONNA HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!! Please make a super frumpy video so I can live vicariously. I expect more deer faces than ever!! Which will be quite a feat. :laughing:

hahaha you smelling the Disney fountain. I wonder how many images of you smelling various Disney things exist. I'm guessing at least a thousand.

My mom pointed out that about the angel to me too! I didn't notice either haha. My mom just loves those Disney details!

omg Chefs :love: My love. I'm sad you didn't get the hottest waiter, Mattieu, as your server. I fell totally in love with him on our trip. You'll hear all about that when I get to it in my TR, I'm pretty sure I was embarrassing again. I should just name my TR "Embarrassing Myself Around Attractive Foreign Men" b/c that's basically all it is. Anyway enough about how lame I am! LOL I agree the macaroni is super heavy BUT SOOO DELICIOUSLY PERFECT. Usually I eat about 2/3 of it and then eat the rest at the hotel later. It seriously tastes like no other mac & cheese.

Aww your last day. We had so much fun on Space once my phone started working. But that's another story for another update haha ;)

Looks like a great night in Epcot (even if you ended it early).

I am starving today and its not even lunch time! The pictures of your meal in France is definitely not helping!:lmao:

I think the last time I commented was months ago so I have to catch up!

First off, I think it's great you went to the auditions to experience it! At least it gives you a general feel of how it goes :) And that's really sad about the FL kids not really appreciating Disney the same way! I guess kids that live minutes away and have gone so often their whole lives have a hard time seeing it from the "outside" and more than a theme park and job. I mean, I'm sure not ALL of them are the way but I'm sure a ton are!

I think the last time I commented I said I applied for the DCP. I forgot to tell you I got in!! So if you apply for Spring maybe I will see you because I will probably try to extend. You should go to the CP auditions as well! I didn't, but I might go to one while I'm down there. I'm Tink/Wendy/Alice and short fur characters height! haha.

Omg, T Rex. I've never been but I'm DYING to go. I'm OBSESSED with Jellyfish and Octopi so I must go and sit right under them. I MUST.

And Spaceship Earth truly is one of the most gorgeous and photogenic things on this planet. So much love.

And a very late happy birthday to your Mama!

So I may just have to order one of those monorail bracelets now, SO adorable!!

And oh my gosh your dinner at Le Chefs de France looks so good! If only college dining hall food was that good right?? lol Maybe it's a good thing it's not though...:laughing:

Yay for extending your upcoming trip too! You can never go wrong with more days at Disney. I feel like I always say this but I'm so jealous!! This is the eve of my one year since I left for my birthday trip last year so I'm kinda in a serious post Disney depression right now :sad1: But I'm thankful
I at least have your awesome TRs to read and keep up with the World at least!:)

Your PTR plans sound great! I am hungry just thinking about all of those ADR choices. :thumbsup2 for getting to extend your stay a little bit!

Love the pics of you and your mother at Epcot at night. I love how pretty the big ball looks all lit up at night. I have to admit, it's wierd to see you hair all straight!

You'll be in Disney in a month and a half! :cool1: Your plans got me excited since that means i'm just that much closer myself!

Awesome PT plans! I can't believe that everything worked out with your dates and your friends going. It was meant to be! Awesome; you're going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear about Dine with an Imagineer. I've been wanting to do that for years, but for some reason I thought it was over and they weren't doing it anymore. Thank you for doing it haha now I know it is still there! Plus I can't wait to hear your report on it....assuming you'll do one...please! :goodvibes

Love the bracelet. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

We ate at France last July for dinner and it was so loud in there. I was surprised because we've eaten there for lunch and it wasn't that noisy. Do you know if it's always pretty loud? It was so loud we couldn't even hear each other. It was kind of upsetting and we were put off by it. Which is sad because we usually like it there. That was our first time having dinner there so maybe dinners are louder than lunches??

Love all of your night time pictures. :thumbsup2

Yay for you going again! You will leave about 3 weeks before we arrive.

LOVE your monorail bracelet- too cute!

The Epcot pictures were absolutely gorgeous. You are so right about the way SE looks at night. It is amazing!

My daughter and I have enjoyed reading your other TR. She squealed in joy at your picture of stitch, he is her favorite :lovestruc

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who takes tons of photos of Spaceship Earth....from all angles. It might change:rolleyes1

Double post, silly website =P

Haha no worries :thumbsup2

Spaceship Earth is the most beautiful thing in the whole world! :love: You took some great photos!!! OOOH, I wanna try Chefs soooooooooo bad!!!!!!! Your food looked DELICIOUS! :lovestruc

Yayyyyy for more time in Disney!!! :cool1: How lucky you are that you are able to get away to do that!!! Ugh, I want to go at Christmas time next year with my mom SO bad, but with basketball I HAVE NO TIME!!!! :sad2: Oh well, hopefully this summer!! ;)

I agree! Thank you so much! Ahh you definitely should! I absolutely love that restaurant!

YAY I'm so excited! Aww I'm sorry basketball conflicts. But the summer is still lots of fun! As long as you get to go!

I *love* Chefs de France! That macaroni and cheese is to die for. But I gotta say...I'd be disappointed too if I didn't have one of those cute French waiters. They're part of the experience at Chefs! :laughing:

Me too! YUM! And ugh, I kow, right? The whole experience is completely fantastic... but it just makes it that much better if a hot french man is your waiter. :laughing:

LOVE all your Epcot photos! Such a beautiful area and yes so photogenic!

Food looked O so yum, and I now need something sweet to ease my tooth!

I can now be more vocal about all the lovely Christmas decor, since I spilled the beans on our Nov trip and started my PTR. I can not wait to see what all you have been showing!

Thank you so much!
Haha I'm sorry those food pictures make you hungry! I understand lol
Ahh yay I'm so excited! I finally went over and read about your plans! I'm super excited for you! You guys are going to have an amazing time!

Yall's May trip sounds like SUCH a blast! That's so awesome that your mom suggested you stay longer! Bless her indeed. Hahah. Dining with an Imagineer sounds amazing! Wow. That'll be awesome to hear about! (And you know what else will be awesome to hear about? BAY LAKE TOWER! :dance3: )

Your Spaceship Earth pictures are unbelievable! Hahaha you're right, most photogenic thing ever! I LOVED the topiaries being all Christmassy! So precious!

Your dinner looks awesome! Hooray for Les Chefs but um... no attractive male waiters? What is THAT? I'm crossing my fingers for one at Via Napoli this summer because last time I went there I had a waitress, so I feel your pain! :rotfl:

You and your mom are so precious! Love all the pictures! Can't wait for more woohooooo! You're getting close to trip number two! :yay:

It's going to be AWESOME! And yes, seriously. My Mom just understands. :rotfl: Yeah Dining with an Imagineer is going to be SUCH a treat. I'm really looking forward to that. It's sad because I'm going to be by myself... but I'm going to take notes so I can share it all with you guys! And AHH I can't wait to get to that part of the trip report! So close! We still have a few more days to get through!

Thank you! And yes, me too!

I know, right!? So unfair! At least my Mac and Cheese was flawless that night. I give them that. Oh, I hope you get one at Via Napoli. Those waiters are the BEST. :love:

Thank you! And yes I am! WOOHOO! Movin' right along!

Your PTRs get me so excited since my trip is so soon after yours!! Also, I noticed my birthday is the day before yours! (May 7th!!) So glad we each get to celebrate our birthdays by going to WDW!! How fun that you get to stay a few extra days!! 62 days for me :goodvibes

I Love love love all your Epcot pictures! The Spaceship Earth pictures are so gorgeous! Too bad the cute boys at Les Chefs de France were lacking :sad2: I think its so neat that they reuse the topiaries from the Flower and Garden festival... I especially recognized the Goofy one in your pictures because during the festival he is holding a tennis racquet and here he is ice skating! Disney is so creative!!!!

Also, seeing as how I have read you previous TRs, my best friend and I that are going in May are taking a few cute sundresses to wear around the World. Thinking it will be more comfy and maybe not as hot wearing a sundress?? I wish I could find some cute Disney ones like you have but the online disney store doesn't seem to have any :confused3 OH WELL!!! Ok, I wrote a book! I will stop now! Haha.

Aww yay I'm so glad! I hope you have a magical trip when the time rolls around! And AHH our birthdays are super close! That's awesome!! I love Birthday buddies :) And yes, me too! Disney so close to my birthday is going to be awesome! And staying a few extra days is going to be just wonderful! 45 days to go! :banana:

Thank you! And I know, right!? So unfair. I love that too - it's really creative!

Ahh yes sundresses are DEFINITELY the way to go. They're so much more comfortable and much cooler! Sadly, those Disney ones I found last year seemed to only be in the store for like a month. And then they were gone right after my trip :( So maybe look when you're down there! But other than that... they're impossible to find anywhere!! I'll keep my eyes open!

And I love your comments, don't worry! Thanks for your feedback! :goodvibes

OH MY GOD YOUR TRIP SOUNDS EPIC!! I AM SO SOSOSOSOSOSO JEALOUS!!! DINING WITH AN IMAGINEER! OMG! YOU ARE GONNA HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!! Please make a super frumpy video so I can live vicariously. I expect more deer faces than ever!! Which will be quite a feat. :laughing:

hahaha you smelling the Disney fountain. I wonder how many images of you smelling various Disney things exist. I'm guessing at least a thousand.

My mom pointed out that about the angel to me too! I didn't notice either haha. My mom just loves those Disney details!

omg Chefs :love: My love. I'm sad you didn't get the hottest waiter, Mattieu, as your server. I fell totally in love with him on our trip. You'll hear all about that when I get to it in my TR, I'm pretty sure I was embarrassing again. I should just name my TR "Embarrassing Myself Around Attractive Foreign Men" b/c that's basically all it is. Anyway enough about how lame I am! LOL I agree the macaroni is super heavy BUT SOOO DELICIOUSLY PERFECT. Usually I eat about 2/3 of it and then eat the rest at the hotel later. It seriously tastes like no other mac & cheese.

Aww your last day. We had so much fun on Space once my phone started working. But that's another story for another update haha ;)

I WISH YOU COULD BE THERE!!! I'm so excited for it all though, it's going to be fantastic!! :goodvibes And yes, we are hoping to make a video! Frump trips need videos full of Deer Faces, right? :thumbsup2 RIGHT!

Hahaha I should probably just start a collection: Jess Smelling Things In Disney. That would be a winner. :lmao:

Lol like mother, like daughter! Or maybe you're the one who taught her to notice cool stuff like that. :laughing:

I am sad he wasn't my waiter, too! He sounds wonderful. I can't WAIT to hear about that, oh my God. We seriously need to go to Disney together and just spend about three whole days in the world showcase so we can chat with all of the foreign CM's. :rotfl: That sounds like a wonderful time. I mean, we'll probably both embarrass ourselves... but at least we'd be able to laugh together! :laughing:

LOL But yeah, that would have been a fantastic trip report title. If I wasn't already reading your trip report, I would pick that TR out of a crowd hahaha :laughing: It just sounds like a frumpy, good time.

I LOVE that mac and cheese. I just had Easy Mac and Ramen... and while they are both delicious... THEY CAN NOT COMPARE TO LES CHEFS DE FRANCE. *dramatic hand over forehead* *sigh*

Hehe yes that's another story for another update. But I'm so excited I got to meet up with you again! AND NOW WE GET TO RELIVE IT YAYAYAY!

Looks like a great night in Epcot (even if you ended it early).

I am starving today and its not even lunch time! The pictures of your meal in France is definitely not helping!:lmao:

Yes, it was definitely a lot of fun!

Haha I'm so sorry that I made you hungry. Those food pictures just seem to have that effect on people. :rotfl:

I think the last time I commented was months ago so I have to catch up!

First off, I think it's great you went to the auditions to experience it! At least it gives you a general feel of how it goes :) And that's really sad about the FL kids not really appreciating Disney the same way! I guess kids that live minutes away and have gone so often their whole lives have a hard time seeing it from the "outside" and more than a theme park and job. I mean, I'm sure not ALL of them are the way but I'm sure a ton are!

I think the last time I commented I said I applied for the DCP. I forgot to tell you I got in!! So if you apply for Spring maybe I will see you because I will probably try to extend. You should go to the CP auditions as well! I didn't, but I might go to one while I'm down there. I'm Tink/Wendy/Alice and short fur characters height! haha.

Omg, T Rex. I've never been but I'm DYING to go. I'm OBSESSED with Jellyfish and Octopi so I must go and sit right under them. I MUST.

And Spaceship Earth truly is one of the most gorgeous and photogenic things on this planet. So much love.

And a very late happy birthday to your Mama!

Haha well, welcome back! I'm glad you're still sticking around!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm glad I got to see how the whole process goes because I was SO curious. And yeah, it definitely depends on the person. But I could see both scenarios occurring easily.

AHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!! What's your role!? My friend Alicia is going down for the DCP in the Fall and she is doing costuming, which is really cool! I'm so excited for her!

I'm hoping to go in the Spring next year, but I am torn because our line up for our shows is really great for the spring semester (the musical is Into the Woods) so I don't know if I want to leave or if I want to risk staying behind even if I potentially may not get cast.) I DON'T KNOW. Sorry. My life is a big question mark :laughing: I heard it's SUPER SUPER hard to get entertainment through the DCP, but if you went to a regular one while you were down there that's probably a really good idea! And aww those would be SUCH fun characters to play! Good luck!

Yes, you MUST go to that restaurant! T-Rex sounds perfect for you!

Haha I will tell her! Thank you!

love all your epcot by night pics.

Thank you so much!

So I may just have to order one of those monorail bracelets now, SO adorable!!

And oh my gosh your dinner at Le Chefs de France looks so good! If only college dining hall food was that good right?? lol Maybe it's a good thing it's not though...:laughing:

Yay for extending your upcoming trip too! You can never go wrong with more days at Disney. I feel like I always say this but I'm so jealous!! This is the eve of my one year since I left for my birthday trip last year so I'm kinda in a serious post Disney depression right now :sad1: But I'm thankful
I at least have your awesome TRs to read and keep up with the World at least!:)

You definitely should! I LOVE mine! Just make sure you take it off when you go to bed! Because mine got unlatched last night, and I was SO sad! But I fixed it. EVERYTHING'S BETTER NOW!

YAY thank you! I'm so excited! And oh, I completely agree! More Disney is always the better option. And awww I wish you could go down for your birthday again :( I did love your trip report though! It was awesome!

And aww thanks! I hope that I can help ease your Post Disney Depression. I know how that feels. :hug:

Your PTR plans sound great! I am hungry just thinking about all of those ADR choices. for getting to extend your stay a little bit!

Love the pics of you and your mother at Epcot at night. I love how pretty the big ball looks all lit up at night. I have to admit, it's wierd to see you hair all straight!

You'll be in Disney in a month and a half! Your plans got me excited since that means i'm just that much closer myself!

Thank you so much! And LOL so am I! We got some awesome ones! And yes, that's awesome!

Thank you! It was so beautiful that night. And LOL yeah it must be for you guys! I usually don't take the time to straighten it in Disney! Unfortunately these weren't my best straight hair pictures because it had been a long day. :rolleyes: But I have some more coming up in the next TR that are much better! :laughing:

Awesome PT plans! I can't believe that everything worked out with your dates and your friends going. It was meant to be! Awesome; you're going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear about Dine with an Imagineer. I've been wanting to do that for years, but for some reason I thought it was over and they weren't doing it anymore. Thank you for doing it haha now I know it is still there! Plus I can't wait to hear your report on it....assuming you'll do one...please!

Love the bracelet. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

We ate at France last July for dinner and it was so loud in there. I was surprised because we've eaten there for lunch and it wasn't that noisy. Do you know if it's always pretty loud? It was so loud we couldn't even hear each other. It was kind of upsetting and we were put off by it. Which is sad because we usually like it there. That was our first time having dinner there so maybe dinners are louder than lunches??

Love all of your night time pictures. :thumbsup2

Thank you! Oh my gosh, me too! It's crazy how stuff like that actually works out! I can't wait to tell you guys all about it! I'll take good notes! I think they actually stopped doing it for a while and they just brought it back! So I had to jump on that opportunity... I thought this would be a great time to do it! And of course I'll do one! You know me - I always love to report back so you guys know what to do! :goodvibes

I believe the monorail bracelet cost either $15 or $17. I can't remember but something like that.

Aww I'm sorry it was so loud for you guys! It was probably where you were sitting, because when we were there it was super quiet! It seriously just must depend on the table. But oh yeah, I'm sure dinner is way louder than lunches there!

Thank you!

Yay for you going again! You will leave about 3 weeks before we arrive.

LOVE your monorail bracelet- too cute!

The Epcot pictures were absolutely gorgeous. You are so right about the way SE looks at night. It is amazing!

YAYAYAYAY! Ahh how exciting! I hope you guys have a magical trip!

Thank you!

And thanks again! It definitely is beautiful!

My daughter and I have enjoyed reading your other TR. She squealed in joy at your picture of stitch, he is her favorite :lovestruc

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who takes tons of photos of Spaceship Earth....from all angles. It might change:rolleyes1

Aww that's so cute! Thank you both for reading - it's great to hear positive comments!

And haha you are DEFINITELY not the only one. I am obsessed with photographing that thing. You can never have too many pictures!

Aww thank you so much for the nice compliments! I'm sure your kids will love Disney as they grow older, too!

OH MY GOSH you were both CM's!? Did you meet in Disney or did you know each other before? And aww wow, that's AWESOME that he was Goofy! One of the kids who went to my school is actually on his College Program right now being Goofy! That's awesome. What type of CM position did you have?

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you! And I got my Little Mermaid Sweatshirt from Forever 21... but they don't have it anymore :( They always take the Disney sweatshirts off the shelves really fast after releasing them. But hopefully they'll have them again someday... I love that shirt!

Haha aww I hope you enjoy the other reports! Thank you so much for reading!

Yes my Dh and I met on the Advanced CP in 2005 and then we stayed with Disney for two years. Our CP was Education Presenters at AK, after that was over he started doing the Flights of Wonder show and I worked with the animals that are on the Safari; he just did the Goofy thing on the side lol
Bummer about the sweatshirts, I wish I knew about them earlier! :(

Haha well, welcome back! I'm glad you're still sticking around!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm glad I got to see how the whole process goes because I was SO curious. And yeah, it definitely depends on the person. But I could see both scenarios occurring easily.

AHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!! What's your role!? My friend Alicia is going down for the DCP in the Fall and she is doing costuming, which is really cool! I'm so excited for her!

I'm hoping to go in the Spring next year, but I am torn because our line up for our shows is really great for the spring semester (the musical is Into the Woods) so I don't know if I want to leave or if I want to risk staying behind even if I potentially may not get cast.) I DON'T KNOW. Sorry. My life is a big question mark :laughing: I heard it's SUPER SUPER hard to get entertainment through the DCP, but if you went to a regular one while you were down there that's probably a really good idea! And aww those would be SUCH fun characters to play! Good luck!

Yes, you MUST go to that restaurant! T-Rex sounds perfect for you!

Haha I will tell her! Thank you!

Well I'm definitely glad you enjoyed yourself during the auditions! I'm super curious about all the "secret" stuff some of the people aren't allowed to talk about!

Thank you! I got attractions which was my first choice!!! Ahhh I'm so excited! I can't wait to figure out what attraction I get. And congrats to Alicia! I hope she enjoys costuming :) That's one of the ones I said no interest for though. I would hate to be stuck backstage all the time!

Oh girl, I totally understand! I'm a theater freak as well so I can imagine the temptation of staying for good shows! And you go to Disney often so that would keep you happy and busy until you apply for the dcp :) My life is a giant question mark as well, you aren't alone. I never know where I am headed, haha. I guess I'm more of a "go with the flow" person than a life planner. Ah, oh well.

I think if I went to T Rex I'd probably get banned and kicked out for trying to steal the jellyfish though hahah. Seriously, that is so something I would do :p

Yes my Dh and I met on the Advanced CP in 2005 and then we stayed with Disney for two years. Our CP was Education Presenters at AK, after that was over he started doing the Flights of Wonder show and I worked with the animals that are on the Safari; he just did the Goofy thing on the side lol
Bummer about the sweatshirts, I wish I knew about them earlier! :(

That's ADORABLE. :lovestruc And wow those jobs sounds really awesome! Aww I love that story! Working in Disney with my future husband would be a dream come true!

And aww I know I posted about them on whatever trip report I was working on at the time. So if I see new ones come out, I'll try and remember to post them! They have some Disney ones out right now but they're not that cute, unfortunately :(

Well I'm definitely glad you enjoyed yourself during the auditions! I'm super curious about all the "secret" stuff some of the people aren't allowed to talk about!

Thank you! I got attractions which was my first choice!!! Ahhh I'm so excited! I can't wait to figure out what attraction I get. And congrats to Alicia! I hope she enjoys costuming :) That's one of the ones I said no interest for though. I would hate to be stuck backstage all the time!

Oh girl, I totally understand! I'm a theater freak as well so I can imagine the temptation of staying for good shows! And you go to Disney often so that would keep you happy and busy until you apply for the dcp :) My life is a giant question mark as well, you aren't alone. I never know where I am headed, haha. I guess I'm more of a "go with the flow" person than a life planner. Ah, oh well.

I think if I went to T Rex I'd probably get banned and kicked out for trying to steal the jellyfish though hahah. Seriously, that is so something I would do :p

Thank you! Yeah, I figured that since I didn't get very far in the process that it would be okay to post about here. :laughing:

Aww that's awesome! You're going to have so much fun! I know this one kid who is down there right now and he's had attractions and was working at Figment/Captain EO. And yeah I'm excited for her! She works in the costume shop here at school so it'll be fun for her to work on Disney costumes for once! I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun - the costume department is unbelievable in Disney! I went on a tour and saw it once lol

Lol I'm glad you understand! Ah it just is so complicated. If I do the DCP I'm going to be stuck here an extra semester... which I wouldn't mind... I just don't want all of my advisors and everything to freak out. It's SO difficult to figure this out. :sad2: UGH. I just have to see what life brings me. It's too hard to plan it out right now. Going with the flow is definitely the way to be!

And hahaha it would be worth it :thumbsup2 SUCH a good restaurant!

Chapter 24: A Photographed Journey From the Parking Lot to the Magic Kingdom
December 9th, 2011

I was up at 7:40 am! It was our last morning and I wasn't going to waste any time sleeping!

I wanted to make it to rope drop but sadly we had to pack up first. *sigh* That's always the saddest part of the trip.

GOOD THING WE WERE GOING BACK IN LITERALLY 12 DAYS!!!!

Geez, don't you wish that you could say that every time you went to Disney? Knowing that you're going right back is such a relief. Because that's when the Post Disney Depression really sets in. And then BAM you're home again!

What a wonderful December that was. I will always cherish that beautiful time of my life. Because who knows if something that perfect will ever happen again? (good thing I'm writing this trip report so I will always remember it!)

Anywho... we packed up and left our little mansion room and said goodbye. It was so great to stay there!

dsc0906m.jpg

I saw this antenna topper on the car next to us and I took a picture for Kristen. IT'S KERMIT!

dsc0907q.jpg

And here's one last picture of the Mansion Buildings! Our room was a little over to the right of where the picture was taken, and it was on the first floor.

dsc0908m.jpg

We drove to the main area and checked our luggage for our flight later that day. THIS IS THE BEST SERVICE EVER!

Christmas Tip #15: Whether or not you're taking Magical Express, take advantage of being able to check your bags right at the resort! That way you have more time to enjoy your day and you don't have to wait in that line at the airport later!

We weren't taking Magical Express on this particular trip, but they still took our bags! (And they all made it home safely!) It was so wonderful. One less thing to worry about.

The cast member who assisted us definitely had some spunk. She complained a lot about Florida's summer heat and said how much she missed New York City. However, she talked about how she listens to Disney Radio all the time, so she must have been a big Disney fan at heart!

We left our luggage there and we were off! Bye Port Orleans!

dsc0909z.jpg

We made our way to the Magic Kingdom!

dsc0910jn.jpg

HOORAY!

dsc0912f.jpg

I loved these little Christmas decorations they had going on at the entrance. So cute!

dsc0913ta.jpg

Pluto is my favorite!

dsc0914v.jpg

We entered and went to find a place to park!

dsc0915m.jpg

We parked in the Simba 14 parking lot.

dsc0916d.jpg

We got on the tram and headed to the Transportation and Ticket Center. DID YOU KNOW THERE IS AN ALADDIN PARKING LOT!?! I WANT TO PARK THERE OMG.

dsc0918p.jpg

We got to the TTC. (I'm glad I took pictures of every step of my journey into the Magic Kingdom. Seriously, I must have been trying to capture the moment or something.)

dsc0919a.jpg

Then it was time for the first ride of the day: THE MONORAIL!

dsc0920q.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)

dsc0921aq.jpg

It's such a beautiful view! YOU CAN SEE THE CASTLE!

dsc0922f.jpg

And in this one, not only the castle, but Space Mountain AND the Monorail! PERFECTION!

dsc0923u.jpg

The Grand Floridian! Classy Town, USA.

dsc0924b.jpg

THE CONTEMPORARY AHHHH I WAS STAYING THERE SO SOON! The anticipation was just building.

dsc0925ge.jpg

Okay so FINALLY we made our way into the park. We got there a little after 9:30 am. Not too shabby!

dsc0926f.jpg

Ahhh that tree was SO amazing! This was my first time seeing it during the day!

dsc0927il.jpg

I LOVE these soldiers because, as I said, they remind me of my Christmas Sing Along Video from my childhood.

dsc0928s.jpg

Ahhh such a wonderful sight!

dsc0929w.jpg

Aww my Mom! She was so happy to be there!

dsc0930r.jpg

Main Street USA is just a phenomenal place.

dsc0932f.jpg

TIME FOR BREAKFAST! We made a stop in my favorite bakery EVER.

dsc0931ds.jpg

Speaking of the Main Street Bakery, my Mom texted me out of the blue the other day and was like "I was just wishing I was at the Main Street Bakery...... Why do these things happen to me??"

LOL can you tell she's my Mom? We're basically carbon copies of each other, no big deal.

Continue in Next Post

Chapter 25: A Sweet Start to our Day!
December 9th, 2011

The line for the Main Street Bakery was out the door but it didn't take that long to make our way through!

We quickly made it inside. You could see through the window that the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was completely empty at this hour of day! I thought that was cool, so I took a picture. Gotta capture the rarity of the situation LOL.

dsc0933jh.jpg

Did you ever look at the walls of the Bakery? All of the Disney kitchen merchandise is showcased here! The way they decorated this place is very subtle but the details are definitely there!

dsc0934e.jpg

We got closer so I took some pictures of the beautiful food that was on display. Here are the yogurt parfaits:

dsc0935ce.jpg

Here are the bagels, pound cake, croissants, muffins, danishes, turnovers, etc.

dsc0936fc.jpg

And lastly the Breakfast Sandwiches and CINNAMON ROLLS!!!

dsc0937fn.jpg

That Bakery is just too perfect for words.

Once we got our food, we went and grabbed one of the empty tables over near Casey's Corner.

dsc0941wc.jpg

Christmas Tip #16: If you want a quiet place to enjoy your Main Street Bakery breakfast, grab a table over near Casey's Corner, which is right across the street. Casey's doesn't open until lunch so the area is empty this early in the morning!

Mom got a Honey Wheat Bagel for her Breakfast...

dsc0938n.jpg

(She made it a hidden mickey. How cute.)

As well as a Yogurt Berry Parfait and an Orange.

dsc0939i.jpg

I got on Apple Turnover. YUM. I used to get those things all the time when I was little. (but I actually got them from Arby's... not from Disney LOL) I hadn't gotten one in years! It was so sweet and the sugar crystals were so crunchy. YUM it was so delicious! I ate the whole entire thing!

dsc0940n.jpg

There were some baby ducks right near us! I had to go and take pictures of them because THEY WERE SO CUTE!! My Mom and I always tend to see baby ducks on our Mother Daughter trips.

dsc0942le.jpg

The view of the castle from that angle was BEAUTIFUL. Wow.

dsc0943tc.jpg

More Ducks!

dsc0944v.jpg

I love this fountain for some reason. I don't know why. It's in such a random part of the Magic Kingdom. I just have an obsession with Disney fountains, I suppose.

dsc0945v.jpg

So I went back to sit down and we finished up our breakfast. We were just sitting there while my Mom was casually drinking her coffee... and then it clicked in my mind that we had to leave later that day! I stood up and was like "LET'S GO, WE HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE!" It was time to get moving.

Back on track!

dsc0973yf.jpg

dsc0947r.jpg

We got to the Central Plaza area and noticed how breathtakingly beautiful the flowers were! Wow.

dsc0948c.jpg

We had to get some Mother Daughter photos by the poinsettias.

dsc0949t.jpg

dsc0950l.jpg

We went to our left and walked through Liberty Square. I saw this at the Caricature stand and I thought it was really cute:

dsc0951ej.jpg

I LOVE THEM!

Then we went to Frontierland! Mom did not want to get wet, but I wanted to go on Splash Mountain SO bad... so she sucked it up and rode it with me! Yay.

dsc0952nq.jpg

We sat in the back so we didn't get too wet. But I am convinced that there is definitely more water in that ride in the morning. By nighttime, if I sat in the back, I would come off of it bone dry! That morning it was splashing us a little bit! And by that I mean my hair got wet enough to get slightly wavy again. Wah.

dsc0955ns.jpg

Oh and for those of you who read my August Trip Report, I just wanted to report back to you and let you know that THE BIRDS ARE ALIVE AGAIN!

dsc0953x.jpg

HALLELUJAH!

The vultures were finally working too! The jumping water in the Laughing Place wasn't going though, which made me sad. Oh well.

Here is our ride photo:

dsc0957uf.jpg

I look like I'm biting something LOL.

Our next stop was to get Fastpasses for Peter Pan's Flight. And a little bonus? Some surprise Fastpasses for Mickey's PhilharMagic! Yay!

Then we went on It's A Small World. It's my Mother's favorite and it was her 50th Birthday trip... so that was a necessary stop!

dsc0960y.jpg

LOL I'm laughing at myself right now... in my trip journal I wrote "The hawaiian music is so relaxing!"

...Apparently I found that important enough to jot down. God, I'm so random hahaha.

I think I was trying to control my picture taking in this ride, because I only have ONE photo from It's A Small World that day. That has to be a record. Usually I take 3,348,390 pictures every single time.

dsc0961g.jpg

What a random thing to take a picture of, too. Geez, I'm so frumpy.

Continued in Next Post

Dude, I am convinced that those cinnamon buns at the Bakery are just getting bigger and bigger. Must add the apple turnover to my list of things to try because that looks delish. Gosh, I have way more sweets on my list than savory items. Oh well. It's not like I have a sweet tooth or anything.

Aw, your hair still looks all pretty straight that morning. It looks like it was a beautiful morning that day.

Um, another fantastic ride photo. Every row has something different going on.

Those poinsettas are just gorgeous. So beautiful.

Awww the last day is always the hardest thing ever, but yay for it only being 12 days till your next one. That must have been an amazing thought to keep you going on your last day.

Port Orleans looks gorgeous, I can see why you are so excited to stay there again!

Your apple turnover looks divine, could there possibly be a more perfect place than the Main Street Bakery..seriously everything just looks delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!