Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Hey! I'm in! I have read all of your other trip reports and LOVED them! I can't wait to read more!:woohoo:

Yay thanks for being here again! :) I hope you enjoy this one too!

All caught up! LOVE, LOVE the Castle show photos! I especially think the firework ones are my favorite.

Our next trip will be during MVMCP so I can not wait to see it in person!

Yay! Aww thank you so much!
You are going to have an amazing time! MVMCP is the best! :)

Love the room! I especially love the blanket! My room is right about the same size as yours, and my roommate and I are going to bunk our beds next year so that we can have the other half of the room to do with what we want!

Thank you! haha ah that's a really good idea! That'll give you lots more room. My room is really narrow.. so it's perfect for one person. If I had a roommate it would be a little tight!

Hey Jess!! I hope you & your family are doing well and you're still loving college. I LOVE your dorm room. Parts of it look like a child's room due to all the Disney which is obviously what I love about it most. Haha! I mean, I'm 21 years old and I just hung up a Tangled poster in my room so ya know.

AHH your castle pictures are SO stunning! I miss it so much! I probably won't be back to Disney during the holidays for a long time and I'm really going to miss seeing the castle dream lights.

I totally agree, I got so many pictures with the character's eyes closed and it was so annoying!

"Mickey is making the Deer Face AND there are Deer in the background!!! Perfection." I...can't breathe. :rotfl:

That show looks AMAZING. I'm sad I missed it! I usually skip the castle shows too but I'm in love with Dream Along With Mickey after our last trip and I'll never miss one again. TOO CUTE! Was the Christmas one just a holiday version of Dream Along With Mickey or was it a whole different show?

I hope you update again soon! I just finally updated mine after weeks, I hate when life gets crazy and I have less time for obsessing over Disney. sigh!

Aw thanks girl! Ah I need to update my life has gotten so busy :headache: I have been trying to write the next update for 3 days now and I just haven't had a moment to finish :laughing:

LOL thank you. Yeah my room is deemed "the princess room" :rotfl: Actually the theme of my entire floor is Disney Princesses so I fit in perfectly haha. I'm glad you like all of my Disney stuff! And yes, I just hung up my two new tangled posters in my room... they're perfect.

Thank you! Aww that's so sad :( I know... the castle decorated for Christmas is so perfect... it's going to be weird seeing it just in it's normal lighting after these past two trips!

LOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I wish their eyes would just stay open!!

:rotfl: I know. Perfect picture.

The Christmas Castle show was completely different than Dream Along with Mickey. It had all different music and a different storyline. It was really precious I liked it a lot :) You'll have to go see it the next time you're there at Christmas time!

I will update very soon... I'm hoping to post one tonight... but we'll see. And I agree... I miss revolving my life around my disney obsession :lmao: But it's okay. There will be time for that again eventually, I'm sure!

Chapter 12: TIME TO GO HOME!
December 6th, 2011

The Very Merry Christmas Party was nearing the end, so it was time to head out of the park.

dsc0556a.jpg

We admired the castle for a little while longer:

dsc0558lr.jpg

I love my Mom!

dsc0559x.jpg

Then... IT STARTED TO SNOW!

dsc0561mz.jpg

How magical. ♥

dsc0562xa.jpg

What is it called... Snoap? I think that's the correct term. :laughing:

dsc0564r.jpg

Mickey Wreath!

dsc0566sb.jpg

We walked through the Emporium to the park exit. I surprisingly had never taken a picture with this bench before, so this was a necessary photo op:

dsc0567ae.jpg

We said good night to the Magic Kingdom - what a wonderful night! We had SO much fun, and I DEFINITELY recommend going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party if you can!

dsc01392fu.jpg

They gave us some Ghiradelli's Peppermint Bark as we left. WHAT SERVICE!

dsc0568l.jpg

Good Night!

dsc0569yw.jpg

But... we still had a mission to accomplish! We took the monorail to the Transportation Ticket Center, got in the car, and drove to the West Gate! TIME TO CHECK OUT!

I was way too tired to take pictures, so our escape from the West Gate is not photographically documented. We arrived at "our room," emptied the drawers, and PEACED OUTTTTT!

And as we left, I said "Kissimmee... KISSI - MY - A**!"

I couldn't resist.

:rotfl2:

We couldn't get back to Disney Property soon enough! THANK GOODNESS WE'RE HOME!

dsc0571ih.jpg

We drove to Port Orleans Riverside and went to the Alligator Bayou area. We had a refurbished room in that section, but we drove to our building and it was in this area that was surrounded by construction. I was pretty disappointed by that. I was also sad because I always wanted to stay in the mansion section. The alligator bayou buildings are nice but the outsides just don't look like mansions! :laughing:

We were getting ready to get out of the car, and we could not for the life of us find where our room number was written! That could have been because we were extremely delirious, but we just couldn't find it! We looked through all of our papers and everything! It just wasn't there!

So we decided to go back to the front desk. As long as we were there, we asked if there was any possible way we could switch to a mansion building.

It... was... POSSIBLE!
(I mean, it's Disney... anything's possible!)

dsc0573a.jpg

This was our new home for the next few days! Yay, yay, yay! Our own little mansion!

We were in building 90 and our room number was 9016! We were on the first floor.

dsc0574w.jpg

Sadly, this room was not refurbed. But still... SO MUCH BETTER THAN WESTGATE! It was SOOOO worth it!!

dsc0576p.jpg

TOWEL MICKEY! These always make me so happy! :-)

dsc0577r.jpg

Other angle:

dsc0578pe.jpg

The Bathroom:

dsc0580ic.jpg

dsc0579pd.jpg

And our little table:

dsc0575ox.jpg

We dragged all of our stuff in, unpacked very quickly, and then were asleep by 2 am. HOME AT LAST!

Continued in Next Post

Yay!! So glad you are out of that hotel!!! And WOOOO for getting a mansion room!!! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to stay in one! I bet you guys had a great night's sleep!! :goodvibes

Great update... Glad you were able to get out of that hotel. And the mansion room is awesome - we debated on staying in one for this trip, but ended up at POFQ instead... Maybe next time. :)

D~

OMG- I am longing for POR!!!! We are a family of 5, so a refurbed room in Alligator Bayou is what we are hoping for. We will be checking in in 17 DAYS!!!! :dance3:

Love your snow pictures. We just had snow here, but it was muddy and slushy and did not come with sunshine or shorts-wearing weather...only at Disney can you wear shorts and t-shirts in the snow. :lovestruc

Wow the christmas party looked like it was so much fun, and yay for getting chocolate on the way out!

I'm glad your off property experience is finally over, and double excitement at getting a mansion room!

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Hahaha I'm glad you were able to make your ~daring escape from West Gate! The Port Orleans resorts are SO GORGEOUS, I'd love to stay there someday!

Yay!! So glad you are out of that hotel!!! And WOOOO for getting a mansion room!!! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to stay in one! I bet you guys had a great night's sleep!! :goodvibes

I was so glad too! The mansion was so pretty! And lol we definitely got a great night's sleep! Disney resorts are just perfect :cloud9:

Great update... Glad you were able to get out of that hotel. And the mansion room is awesome - we debated on staying in one for this trip, but ended up at POFQ instead... Maybe next time. :)

D~

Thank you! I was so glad too! And ahh you know, I actually like POFQ even better than Riverside so that was a good choice :thumbsup2 I mean, I love both but POFQ is my favorite moderate EVER! :love:

Yay!:cheer2: You got out of the condo and back onto Disney property:cloud9:

Super cute dorm room!:goodvibes

Woohoo! Thank goodness!
And aww thank you!

Oh, that room is SO MUCH BETTER! Great ending to the night!

Yes it definitely is! We were so happy to be there!

OMG- I am longing for POR!!!! We are a family of 5, so a refurbed room in Alligator Bayou is what we are hoping for. We will be checking in in 17 DAYS!!!! :dance3:

Love your snow pictures. We just had snow here, but it was muddy and slushy and did not come with sunshine or shorts-wearing weather...only at Disney can you wear shorts and t-shirts in the snow. :lovestruc

AHHH 17 DAYS!? That's SO soon!! Well I hope you get your refurbed Alligator Bayou Room - I'm sure you will! I hope you have a very magical trip! :wizard:
Thank you! Ew I hate mud and slush and cold. :headache: Disney snow is absolutely perfect, I agree with you!

Wow the christmas party looked like it was so much fun, and yay for getting chocolate on the way out!

I'm glad your off property experience is finally over, and double excitement at getting a mansion room!

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

It was really really fun! That chocolate was such a nice little treat! How precious.

I am glad it was over too! Haha not a good decision. And yes, the mansion room was really cute!

Thanks for being here! Hopefully I can update again soon!

Hahaha I'm glad you were able to make your ~daring escape from West Gate! The Port Orleans resorts are SO GORGEOUS, I'd love to stay there someday!

Me too, me too. I absolutely LOVE the Port Orleans Resorts, you can't go wrong with either of them! (although POFQ is my favorite ;) )

Phew!!!! So glad you were able to get out of there and back on Disney property where you belong! :lmao:

Me too! Thank GOODNESS! :lmao:

I'm really not a fan of snow (I mean, it's pretty the first time, but by the 20th time you're like "is it spring yet?"). However, snow on Main Street looks magical! :wizard:

Yay for not only getting out of West Gate, but getting a Mansion! :cool1: Though I have to say, I was looking forward to seeing what the Bayou looks like as I've never seen any pictures of it.

I'm really not a fan of snow (I mean, it's pretty the first time, but by the 20th time you're like "is it spring yet?"). However, snow on Main Street looks magical! :wizard:

Yay for not only getting out of West Gate, but getting a Mansion! :cool1: Though I have to say, I was looking forward to seeing what the Bayou looks like as I've never seen any pictures of it.

I TOTALLY understand.. I am NOT a big fan of snow at all. It's pretty.... but the cold isn't worth it. So that's why Disney is perfect!

Ahh I know it was so exciting! I am actually curious too... I haven't seen any pictures of them either! That would have been the only reason I would have wanted our Alligator Bayou room... but I wanted to stay in a mansion SO bad!

:love: the picture of the castle, mickey wreath and snow!!! Awesome pic!

We moved our dates to add a couple more days to the beginning of our trip and should hopefully be there for the last MVMCP this year :banana:

How often does it "snow" on Main Street during the party?

:love: the picture of the castle, mickey wreath and snow!!! Awesome pic!

We moved our dates to add a couple more days to the beginning of our trip and should hopefully be there for the last MVMCP this year :banana:

How often does it "snow" on Main Street during the party?

Thank you so much!
Good good good! Make sure you get the tickets as early in advance as possible! I think the last day of the party sold out pretty early this past year!
Umm I don't know how often it snows. Probably after the entertainment finishes I would think. Like the castle show or the fireworks or the parade. And also the end of the night? I'm kind of guessing but that's what I would assume.

-I LOVE that picture of the "Snoape" in front of the castle; so pretty!
-I saw your room number and had a little mini freak out because I thought that was my room! So, I went and looked it up, and sadly I was in 9065: here's the proof
217250_143677252368551_100001788318219_275254_5022088_n.jpg

Your room looks identical to my room!

OMG I almost missed this update! That's not true, I DID miss it. BUT NOW I FOUND IT. Yay!

AH the castle. Seriously, it's impossible to get tired of looking at it! WHAT A BEAUT. :lovestruc

Hahahah, snoap is such a magical substance. Oh my gosh, that ghiradelli peppermint chocolate (whatever it was) was so good!

PEACE OUT WESTGATE. It's been real... bad. :laughing:

Aw, a refurbished room would have been great (the old rooms are kinda frumpy) but who wants to be surrounded by construction? I mean, I'm glad Disney is taking the time to update their more old fashioned rooms, but like... the construction! It sucks. I mean this is Disney, they should be changed automatically by DISNEY MAGIC. Hahaha oh well.

OH MY GOSH I can't wait for you to get to Bay Lake Tower. I mean I know that's like MANY updates away, but I'm so excited to see your pictures and hear what you have to say about it. I saw your tweets about it but I'm excited for the descriptions that can be more than 140 letters! :rotfl: I CAN'T WAIT TO STAY THERE!!!!

-I LOVE that picture of the "Snoape" in front of the castle; so pretty!
-I saw your room number and had a little mini freak out because I thought that was my room! So, I went and looked it up, and sadly I was in 9065: here's the proof
217250_143677252368551_100001788318219_275254_5022088_n.jpg

Your room looks identical to my room!

Thank you!
Ahh we must have been super close to each other then! We had very similar room numbers! :thumbsup2 Awesome!

OMG I almost missed this update! That's not true, I DID miss it. BUT NOW I FOUND IT. Yay!

AH the castle. Seriously, it's impossible to get tired of looking at it! WHAT A BEAUT. :lovestruc

Hahahah, snoap is such a magical substance. Oh my gosh, that ghiradelli peppermint chocolate (whatever it was) was so good!

PEACE OUT WESTGATE. It's been real... bad. :laughing:

Aw, a refurbished room would have been great (the old rooms are kinda frumpy) but who wants to be surrounded by construction? I mean, I'm glad Disney is taking the time to update their more old fashioned rooms, but like... the construction! It sucks. I mean this is Disney, they should be changed automatically by DISNEY MAGIC. Hahaha oh well.

OH MY GOSH I can't wait for you to get to Bay Lake Tower. I mean I know that's like MANY updates away, but I'm so excited to see your pictures and hear what you have to say about it. I saw your tweets about it but I'm excited for the descriptions that can be more than 140 letters! :rotfl: I CAN'T WAIT TO STAY THERE!!!!

Hahaha no worries! I missed like 8 of your updates that I FINALLY caught up on last night! :lmao:

I agree... the castle is just extremely beautiful!

Snoap is fantastic! :laughing: And haha anything Ghiradelli is perfect in every way!

Hahaha BUT REALLY! Byeeee west gate!

Yeah, I really wished we could have had a refurbed room but being in a mansion was worth it to me. It would suck to have like a once in a lifetime Disney vacation and be stuck in a construction zone of a hotel. :headache: That's what I always think of.

Ahh I can't WAIT to start writing about that trip. It seems like I am never going to get there... but I WILL! Bay Lake Tower is literally the love of my life. Oh my God. SO BEAUTIFUL. Are you staying there on your next trip..?​

Your college dorm room looks nice! Love all of the Disney things. :thumbsup2

I cannot get over how beautiful, stunning, magical, fantastic that castle looks. Ahh, so gorgeous! I just love it.

Snoap...haha I never heard it called that before. I like it! I was pretty much covered in that during Osborne Lights!

Yum...peppermint bark.

Oh man, I forgot you had to go back to check out and get your things at the "other hotel". Did they say anything? Curious as to why you're leaving already? Were you able to get any type of refund?

Yay Port Orleans! So pretty there, glad you were able to get a mansion room. How nice of them to let you switch! Go Disney! :worship:

Ahh I can't WAIT to start writing about that trip. It seems like I am never going to get there... but I WILL! Bay Lake Tower is literally the love of my life. Oh my God. SO BEAUTIFUL. Are you staying there on your next trip..?​

I'm so excited to read all about it and see the photos! AHHH! Oh, and YES, I AM!!!! Hahaha I cannot wait. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter