• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Secret Food Tip

Another vote for Sanaa. Yes the bread service was excellent, but so was the entire meal. Ask for a table at the window because the vie outstanding.

My 10 year old wanted to stay at AK Villas but we went with our home resort (BLT) because we will be there the week before Easter and want the monorail access and MK convenience.
So...I booked Sanaa lunch so we could visit the lodge and see the animals as we eat. I split our family of 5 in to a party of 2 and a party of 3 because it appeared in photos that smaller tables were by the window. My older sons are old enough to dine separately. Also, I figured with 2 separate groups we would have twice the chance of a window view. Later I watched a video review of Sanaa and it appeared that the tables by the window weren't necessarily smaller.
Do you think we will have a better chance at a window table with our scenario?
Can we add a request on the reservation for a window table?
Thanks!

Another vote for Les Halles for breakfast or a snack at off hours. We love love love the pastries, cheese tray, salads, sandwiches, lobster bisque...basically everything there! Even during busy times (dinner and lunch) we've been able to find seating.

This isn't a food tip...but if you enjoy a beer, a stop at Rose and Crown Pub in Epcot is a must! My siblings and I do a group trip every year, and on evenings when we're wandering around World Showcase at Epcot, we start at R&C for a great go-cup of one of their pub blends (half and half, aka half Harp and half Guiness; Golden Fox, aka half Boddington and half Bass Ale; etc.). We find the prices there as good as at beer booths with servings a bit larger for the money spent.

When visiting AK, our first stop is at Kusifari for a pastry or breakfast sandwich and coffee. It's a little tucked out of the way, and it's tables (tall ones that you stand around) are tucked even further to the side...so we can usually find an empty spot to gather (in the shade no less) even when the park is crowded.

Columbia Harbor House in MK isn't a hidden gem...but you'll often find lots of available seating upstairs when downstairs is packed.

And just about any deluxe bar/lounge attached to a signature restaurant will offer much of the same food in a relaxed setting...without an ADR should you decide last minute to try something different than QS and the standard TS places.

My favorite snack was the caramel popcorn in Germany. OMG. I also had a caramel apple, so so good.

I always make sure to make a quick jaunt over to the Contemporary to see what kind of interesting cupcake they have. Have tried some different ones there than other places, loved the strawberry lemonade one they had years back. Just never know what one they will have.

My 10 year old wanted to stay at AK Villas but we went with our home resort (BLT) because we will be there the week before Easter and want the monorail access and MK convenience.
So...I booked Sanaa lunch so we could visit the lodge and see the animals as we eat. I split our family of 5 in to a party of 2 and a party of 3 because it appeared in photos that smaller tables were by the window. My older sons are old enough to dine separately. Also, I figured with 2 separate groups we would have twice the chance of a window view. Later I watched a video review of Sanaa and it appeared that the tables by the window weren't necessarily smaller.
Thanks!
Can't say whether you'd have a better chance either way. It's really a matter of what's available when you check in. Asking can only help. It helped for us when we went, but it was also on our 25th wedding anniversary trip.

I always make sure to make a quick jaunt over to the Contemporary to see what kind of interesting cupcake they have. Have tried some different ones there than other places, loved the strawberry lemonade one they had years back. Just never know what one they will have.

Ooh! Where in the Contemporary?

Thanks!

We've eaten by the windows all 3 times, and always been a table of 4-6.

We (husband and I) had a super relaxed trip in January and did not visit parks - just resorts. We had an ADR for Sanna which was good but our favorite dining experience was a last minute decision to go to Mizner's Lounge in the GF. No reservation needed, had a lovely table by the window, enjoyed a couple glasses of wine and split a flatbread and a crab salad - both delicious! My husband saved room for key lime pie and we enjoyed Irish coffees. Great service, listened to live music and none of the stress and hassles of ADRs. Truly the most relaxing meal and best atmosphere out of everywhere we ate. When we return next year with adult kids and grandkids in tow, we will not have a repeat of this experience but it's great for a couple or group without any kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter