• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Secret Food Tip

Our secret food tip is to vary your eating times. Late Breakfast or early lunch pared with early dinner usually lets you stay away from the busy times. We had 11 am ressies at both Tony's and the Plaza last trip, opened up both restaurants, ate our meal and beat the midday rush. Then, we ate dinner at 5:30 the Plaza day at the Yachtsman and beat the dinner rush as well. Server spent the whole meal doting on our table because we were the first of the night. He got another table shortly after we got our meal. Worked out great. On nights where we stay up late, we always find a snack after midnight that hits the spot and keeps us going.

One of my favorites for lunch, which isnt super popular and I dont see mentioned a lot is The Plaza. One of the only TS meals I have at WDW that I dont leave there feeling disgustingly full! Its a light meal and amazing ice cream desserts which are always welcome on those hot days. I leave The Plaza ready to tackle another 10 miles of walking around!

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch leaves me with the opposite feeling. While I love the restaurant, Im ready for a nap after I eat!

12011352_903941699640927_5758730275586981443_n.jpg

12042755_903941702974260_8610728314797709349_n.jpg

Well....I dont leave there disgustingly full. My husband probably does!!!!

12042757_903941696307594_2343431225150990232_n.jpg
[/QUOTE

We had the opposite situation, we left so full from The Plaza I thought I was going to be sick and I only had a cup of soup and the loaded fries appetizer which I shared with my son and we still left half on the plate. He had a brisket burger of some sort and couldn't eat but half of it and he can seriously eat. The food was good though, the service not so much for us but it was crowded the week before Christmas and our server not so pleasant, she literally threw our plates on the table.

I agree with La Halles in France, it's perfect for breakfast since it's rarely crowded and there are loads of choices. I also agree with Spice Road and the TS restaurant in Morocco.

We fell in love with Tiffins on our last trip, both the food and service were good for us.

We love Brown Derby at HS.

I always try to get Tea at the Grand Flordian but it's one of those ADRs that is really hard to get.

According to what week you will be there in August, it's possible F&W and will be going on in Epcot and the sky is the limit there. I don't eat anywhere else during F&W except breakfast, all my meals come from tasting at the booths.

If I'm solo and not starving but hungry, I'll get chicken fried rice from Yak and Yeti QS, if you are on the dining plan (which I don't do) it is actually a snack credit but it's more than enough food for me and doesn't cost a lot.

Spice Road Table
The outside lounge at HBD
All the places at the Swolphin
"Washington Apple" at the Rose and Crown bar. I was first introduced during a 10 month project I did in London, and when I went in to get something the bartender suggested it and now its become a tradition with all the folks with which I have traveled.

Our favorite is Lotus Blossom Café in China at Epcot. Friendly servers, they have photos of the meals, reasonably priced and it's nice to sit outside and just chill and relax. One thing - if you want to get the wine, make sure you have enough food since it's very sweet wine.

Oh, and the poster that mentioned varied wait times is dead on. I don't have the same problems getting reservations some have because I prefer to eat dinner later than other Disney diners. It just never works with V&A Chef's Table (not that I'm grumpy I've never been able to get this one.)

Take the FREE tours at Animal Kingdom Lodge (one at Jambo, and one at Kidani -- I get the restaurant names mixed up, but the tour at Kidani is of the one restaurant there,a and the tour at Jambo is of both restaurants there). The guides are great and teach you a lot about the food and culture and at each of the restaurants you get free samples!!

Nudel Gratin from Somerfest in Germany is a snack but pretty filling since it's made w/cream. Last I had it was a few years ago & it was really good.

The cheese plate Fromages from Les Halles in France is very nice. Get 1/2 a baguette with it.

One of my favorite QS meals Ever is the salmon from Sunshine Seasons!

Coconut Thai Meatballs from Capt Cook's at the Poly

Bread service from Sanaa & split pea soup was really a perfect meal for two!

If you aren't in a hurry on an EP morning, go to Les Halles in the France pavilion for croissants, baguettes, delicious coffee, sandwiches or even a salad nicoise (yes, my DS9 eats this for breakfast there!). We are usually the ONLY people there for breakfast in the morning and it is so delicious and relaxing.

I agree 100%! We did exactly this on our first Epcot morning during our last trip and it was a perfect start to the day. While we weren't the only ones there, it was not crowded at all, and the food was all yummy.

I absolutely love Wolf Gang Express in Disney springs.
It is a must do for us.

we tried nine dragons in Epcot and was shocked by how good and authentic tasting it was. I believe they have a 4 course special for around $20.

The nutella and fruit waffle from sleepy hallow is delicious. I always grab one right before the parade.

Well seeing as I eat my way through the world every summer, my secret food tip is to keep an ongoing list of snacks and foods you want to try and keep checking it off each trip. I started my list after reading some of the threads here. My favorite snack - the carrot cake cookies from Hollywood Studios

If you're a chocolate fan, the double chocolate ice cream sandwich at Tamu Tamu Refreshments at AK is a hidden gem! I'm not into fruity desserts, and cupcakes aren't my thing. I'm always on the hunt for a rich chocolate brownie or cookie, and this is the best one I've found so far on property. HUGE rich and soft double chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream. Omg, it is soooo gooood. It is easily shareable and just over $5! I had one one night in AK and finished it all myself lol. My bf regretted having a Mickey bar just before I got it, so we went back the next night so we could each have one! Lol definitely on my to do list for May!

Our secret food tip is to vary your eating times. Late Breakfast or early lunch pared with early dinner usually lets you stay away from the busy times. We had 11 am ressies at both Tony's and the Plaza last trip, opened up both restaurants, ate our meal and beat the midday rush. Then, we ate dinner at 5:30 the Plaza day at the Yachtsman and beat the dinner rush as well. Server spent the whole meal doting on our table because we were the first of the night. He got another table shortly after we got our meal. Worked out great. On nights where we stay up late, we always find a snack after midnight that hits the spot and keeps us going.

This worked really well for us! We usually ate a QS lunch at 11 and the had a dinner reservation at 5 or 5:30. We never waited in line at a QS for more than 10 minutes and out longest wait at a TS was around 10 minutes as well.

I just thought of another one. If you are ice cream fans, go to the soda shop at the Dolphin, it's less crowded than Beaches and Cream at BC and just as good. Also the little ice cream shop in France, a must do every single trip for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter