Your most memorable meals? ...for any reason :)

BOG - when we were seated, there was some confetti on our table with a birthday card from Belle and The Beast

1900 Park Fare - I LOVED the juice so much that the waitress stopped us before we left and handed the DH and I each a "to go" cup that had the juice in it!!
it was pixie dust!!

Liberty Tree Tavern - just because it was so unexpected. I was in WDW for the first time in many, many years with my family. We spent the whole week doing QS, cooking in our time share, and one night at some well-known but disgusting buffet restaurant.

Our last night in Orlando, we were at MK and decided we would have a nice dinner. Everything was sold out except Liberty Tree. Thinking "if it's the only restaurant left it must not be that great" it completely blew us away. We flew back the following morning and said that dinner was the culinary highlight of the entire week.

1) Eating at the Chef's table at Victoria and Alberts 2 nights before my wedding. It was myself and my now husband, his parents, my parents, my younger sister, and 2 very good friends of the family. The food, the atmosphere, everything was perfect. It was such a fun thing to do before all the craziness of the wedding!

2) Eating at Crystal Palace with my aunt and uncle when I was 16. Eeyore kept 'flirting' with me, he would hide behind his ears and act all bashful. Then he went to another table and bought me over a little potted plant. It was so cute!

3) Our meal at Via Napoli for the Candlelight Processional dinner package in 2013. Our son had just turned 1, and loved to try new foods. The waiter saw how much he was enjoying the food and kept bringing little plates of pasta, cheese, etc for him to nibble on. Since then my son has become a picky eater and last year at Via Napoli, all he would eat was pizza, so this memory is pretty special.

Sanaa, we did it later at night so no real view of the animals but arrived early and to our surprise just outside the door next to the restaurant we were able to enjoy the night goggles viewing of the animals for no additional cost. They also can page you when ready so you can stand outside and enjoy it. The meal itself we found great and it's a must do restaurant for us now. We also love naan and that naan appetizer was amazing to us.

Fulton's Crab House - first day on a trip when my daughter was younger, she feel asleep eating in her soup and it didn't wake her up. This place happens to also be my most annoyed moment, they don't serve crab at lunch and the prices are much lower and it's still 2 TS credits. OOP if your going to lunch.

Best and worst was Akershus. Best: Belle raved because my DD was dressed as Belle, she asked if her name was Belle as well..she made her feel beautiful, the center of attention and I have a priceless pic of the 2. My DD still stares at the pic and wonders when they can see each other again.
Worst: was when the parade of Princess came out...specifically Aurora. My DD was so excited to see them all, all the kids rushed up and each took a turn hugging her no pushing or shoving...but my DD who was 4 at the time hugged her and she scolded her. She said you can hug that tight. I was standing there she hasn't because she was in awe...but perhaps Aurora lost her footing because she bent down to hug some of the smaller children..but only made the comment to my DD. My DD is so sensitive, and immensely shy so when she was interacting with the Princess' on her own I was proud. But when Aurora told her she did something wrong...she withdrew, began to tear up, and then sob. The other princess' noticed and came over and made cheerful comments and tried to cheer her up, and Snow White and Ariel commented to Aurora about and she came over and apologized. My Jersey attitude almost came out when she ruined my DD "Birthday" breakfast, but I didn't want to ruin anyone else's moment..but I was pissed. I calmed down when she apologized to my DD.

what you call your "Jersey attitude, I call my "North side attitude" lol. I would have been upset too, what was Aurora thinking, I'm glad It worked out and she apologized.

The only thing that comes to mind is our bad experience at Cosmic Rays MK. Our chicken sandwiches were so inedible we ended up only eating our fries with the cheese sauce. I guess we have been lucky if that's the worse dining experience I can think of.

Good experience were celebrating my sons birthday at Boma, and First Character meal with my children when they were 1 & 2 at the time. They loved the character's and I loved watching them interact with the characters.

Our first family trip in 2000 started with breakfast at Crystal Palace - I will never forget every smile, every laugh, every time a character hugged my girls. DH and I couldn't stop laughing at how excited and happy we all were (and thankfully still are)! We still talk about that trip and how much fun it was. Those pictures with Pooh and friends still hold a place in our family room pooh:

My most memorable is the worst dinner experience I have ever had anywhere... and it occurred at LeCellier.

We had a dinner reservation in February at 7pm (fireworks were scheduled for 9pm). It was raining that day. When we arrived 15 minutes before our ADR, the lobby was PACKED. We squeezed ourselves in, checked in, and were told the wait would be "15 or 20 minutes". 45 minutes later, we were still STANDING (no chairs available). We asked again, and were told "very soon now". After 75 minutes of waiting (i.e., an entire hour past our ADR time), we were taken to our seats.

The seat was in the middle of a banquette. To the right was a booth with 4 people. To the left was a booth with 6 people. This was in an alcove. Between the two booths was a table for two. One sat on a padded booth seat. The other, me, was given a chair. However, the chair was a high chair for a baby. After getting a chair that an adult could actually sit upon, we were greeted by our waitress.

The waitress took our drink order and disappeared for 15 minutes. When she returned with drinks, we placed our dinner order. While we waited for dinner, we got a lovely view of her back side as she stood between our table and the booths to serve both booths on either side. We were bumped by trays containing food, other guests getting out of their booths, and I had water spilled on me by a waiter refilling drinks for those in the booths. Our appetizers only took 25 minutes to arrive. When both booths emptied out to go to watch the fireworks, we breathed a sigh of relief.

I called over the guy with the tablet and asked if we could change seats before our entrees arrived, as both booths would return shortly. Despite NUMEROUS cleared and empty tables, he told us we could not exchange seats.

Our entrees arrived at the exact moment the people from the booths on either side came back, wet, and slid past us to get back to their booths. I got quite wet, as you can imagine, even though I did not go out to see the fireworks (as was our original plan booking dinner 2 hours before they would start). As I ate my entree, a cake appeared for one of the booths and they sang happy birthday. W finished our entrees and then waited, and waited, and waited, for our waitress to show back up for our dessert order. Finally, in disgust, I got up, found the ONLY waiter on the floor, and told him we had finished our entrees 15 minutes ago, and there's no sign of our waitress. He went back into the kitchen, and a minute later she arrived *with an attitude*. We ordered dessert, which came out in under 5 minutes. She slapped the bill down with the dessert, and then disappeared for 15 minutes.

We paid the bill with our KTTW (this occurred before Magic Bands) and gave her a $1 tip, which my wife thought was overly generous based upon the very poor level of service. All told, from the time we walked into the restaurant, to the time we walked out, was nearly 3 hours. As we left, my wife asked for the Manager. We recounted our 3 hour tale of woe, to which he replied "We are very busy tonight." We both walked out vowing to never return, and we have not.

Our first family trip in 2000 started with breakfast at Crystal Palace - I will never forget every smile, every laugh, every time a character hugged my girls. DH and I couldn't stop laughing at how excited and happy we all were (and thankfully still are)! We still talk about that trip and how much fun it was. Those pictures with Pooh and friends still hold a place in our family room pooh:

Crystal Palace holds a special place for us too. It was the first TS we ever ate at in the MK area. We haven't been there every year, but this year may be our last Disney vacation in a long time. (5 WDW trips in 6 years is a lot, and as our kids grow older we're transitioning to other options, like non-Disney cruises, road trips, etc...) Our last day is going to be spent in MK, and it will end with Crystal Palace, the first TS we ever ate at in MK. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Dan

Many of my really powerful memories of WDW revolve around food. I am a sentimental goof-ball anyhow and giving me a good meal in a "Magic" setting......well it makes for a big splash.

1. Chef Mickey's-Breakfast- Arrival Day, 2010- this was my first trip as a n adult and as a parent. The coffee tasted sooooo good, probably because of the fatigue of getting there the day before and the REALLY early arrival (7:05). I appreciated something beside eggs and bacon.....Mickey Waffles and smoked salmon with capers were favorites. And when the Mickey and company came out....well, it was an "11."

2. California Grill-Dinner- 2010- Again, first trip back as adult. I am by no means a food expert, but I really like to do the fancy-shmancy dining thing (but I also like food truck food and hot dogs from concession stands, go figure!). This dinner was what I measure Disney Dining by. Food was awesome, fireworks (Summer Nightastic Show) were amazing and the service was spot on. If it had not been for the obnoxious, loud table near us, would have been an "11" too.

3. Mara- June 2014- This was one of those unexpected, unscripted life events that you rarely recreate or re-visit. We had arrived at oh-dark-thirty the night before and had visited MK first as we always do. We were Disney ZOMBIES. We went back to AKV and decided to walk over to Jambo from Kidani to eat. We ate outside under the umbrellas. The kids were harmonious with each other, there was a breeze, the food was good.......It was the meal that solidified the idea in my mind that resort only visits or resort days were totally possible.

4. Kona Cafe- EVERY SINGLE TRIP TO WDW- Breakfast- I have posted at least ten times different places about Tonga Toast. Top Five foods of all time list for me. Pair that with the Kona Coffee Press Pot, the ambiance of the poly (without the ruckus at O'Hana----reminds me of Black Friday at Wal Mart), and beign with the people I love......it has never let me down.

5. Outer Rim Lounge/ The Wave- Drink then Dinner- June 2104- My mom met us at the Contemporary after a hellish delayed series of flights. She could have driven in the time that it took her to fly. We took the edge off the trip with a drink at The Outer Rim and had a great meal at the Wave. Being the sentimental person I am, being back at the Contemporary with my mom after a 34 year hiatus......it was Magic.

6. Via Napoli- Lunch 2014- My Daughter's birthday at WDW- The Pizza, the atmosphere, the cake (not sure how we ended up with the cake we did..........It was not special order and it was NOT the regular cakes ordered at the podium- it was itallian creme and it was amazing).

Those are the ones at top........I still like Pecos Bills and had a good time at Cinderella's Royal Table, had fun eating around the World.........but those are the best memories.

Last fall at the Kona. I was dining solo & the waitress introduced herself but before she asked for my drink order she pulled out the extra chair at my 2 top table and sat down. She explained that her feet were a bit ouchy and then engaged me in a little conversation about how my day had gone. This might send another guest into a tailspin but she was pleasant and folksy and well, it just wasn't a problem. When she stood up, she thanked me for the little break and offered to make me a non-alcoholic cocktail as part of my DP meal. I had an excellent steak, great dessert and the cocktail was good as well. It was a really good dining experience and I tipped accordingly and also filled out a positive guest comment form at the podium on my way out. I definitely wouldn't want every waiter to sit themselves down at my table. That was a bit unique. But she had the personality to pull it off. It also reminded me of old Florida Disney when the CMs were exceptionally warm, gracious and friendly. Nowadays, I find I am lucky to get a smile out of some wait staff. Professional service can often be a bit cold. This was a very different dining experience but memorable in a very good way.

While we have had many great meals at Disney when I saw the most memorable question, only one came immediately to mind.

We were at the Plaza having a nice meal when one of the ladies at the table next to us (if you have been in The Plaza you know they can be quite close) took out an electric shaver and proceeded to shave her legs at the table. This remains one of my most jaw dropping moments from really any of my travels.

While we have had many great meals at Disney when I saw the most memorable question, only one came immediately to mind.

We were at the Plaza having a nice meal when one of the ladies at the table next to us (if you have been in The Plaza you know they can be quite close) took out an electric shaver and proceeded to shave her legs at the table. This remains one of my most jaw dropping moments from really any of my travels.

That's insane!

Dan

Mine was September 10, 2014 at CRT.

Backstory--I had known my (now) hubby for 6 years before we started dating...we work together, just in different buildings. When we started dating, he took me on my first "adults only" trip to WDW, which is great because my kids are older and almost sick of it at this point. Well, he takes me again the following year, but by this time, we'd already been talking rings and marriage for a few months. I had been eyeing an antique ring from an online jeweler that I LOVED, but it had sold in July. So back to square one, and no progress was made before our 2nd Disney trip. In fact, he flat out told me it wasn't happening during the trip.

So September comes along, and we are at CRT at a window seat right before Wishes, and he pops THE antique ring out, and ask me to be his princess. I ugly cry BAD. We eloped 3 months later, had a delayed honeymoon to DL, and are returning to WDW for our 1 year anniversary in December.

Cinderellas Royal Table was our most Memorable! We had a reservation for 8 am on our first trip to the park. We went straight in and up in the castle. It was magical!!! It set the tone for the entire trip.

Our first trip in several years was for our anniversary in November of 2012. We had the PERFECT day on our actual anniversary date. The weather was fantastic, and crowds were low enough that we had nearly finished MK by lunch time. Because I read the dis, I knew that new Fantasyland had been in sporadic soft opens, and I wanted to see if we could get in to BoG for lunch. Well, they weren't open for lunch, but we could have dinner! We were given a return time and then rode the LM ride about 6 times in a row. Went back for dinner later and had a fantastic meal in a half empty BoG. The food was great, the service was great, and we even got champagne and grey stuff because it was our anniversary. :love:

Also, we have a 'regular' waitress at Ohana. We always ask for her and she remembers us. We ask for her specifically because on one trip, I wasn't feeling great. She gave us a paper drink cup to take our bread pudding with us. :lovestrucSomething so small made such an impression that we keep going.

We've had many many wonderful memorable WDW dining experiences. This one stands out because it's memorable in a good way and a bad way.

Sometime around 2000, we were eating at the Liberty Tree character dinner on Easter Sunday. We were a party of 10 - me, my parents, sister, 2 cousins and 2 aunts and 2 uncles. The characters were the most interactive we'd ever seen. Goofy took a liking to my mom and even did a mock striptease. It was beyond hilarious. We were roaring laughing. So so much fun.

As we got up to leave, a woman at the table next to us said "You all ruined my dinner with your raucous laughter."
We didn't say anything back and walked out. We weren't going to let her rain on our parade and actually after we left it made us laugh even harder. To this day we all still chuckle about how we were admonished for our raucous laughter at a character dinner at Walt Disney World. :)

For us it was Ohana. Our trip was planned very close to my daughter's birthday so a big deal was made for her. We picked Ohana as our food allergic son's special dinner. One of his favorite foods is lo Mein and he doesn't eat it often because so much Chinese food is cross contaminated with peanuts. He had an amazing meal and for dessert the chef brought put a beautiful milk free ice cream sundae complete with cookies for Mickey ears. By the time dessert was brought out I was close to happy tears. The chef who brought dessert out told us his child has food allergies so he understands our daily routines and tries to make the experience as special as possible. I was so disappointed when Ohana was booked solid for our entire trip at 180+10 days out. We were able to coordinate with someone on the Dis watch thread and I literally cried when It worked out. My son was just as excited as I was. I can't wait to see him plates and plates of their noodles and enjoy every minute if it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter