Your most memorable meals? ...for any reason :)

Two years ago at 50's Prime Time Cafe with Antoine as our waiter. He was funny and interactive with us the whole meal. My then nearly 15 yr old grandson didn't finish and he made him stand and pulled all the dirty dishes and handed them to him. He had to follow him to the kitchen to drop off the dishes and then he introduced him to two young girls at a table with their mom, and made him sit with them. When my grandson snuck back to our table, Antoine came by shocked, told him; I broke the ice for you, I did the hard part, why are you back here. It was a great time, especially since most of the trip was about the little ones meeting characters :)

2013 we celebrated my 60th birthday at the Crystal Palace. While I was up getting dessert my wife told our CM that it was my 60th birthday that day. I got back to my seat and suddenly I was surrounded by all of the characters. They made an announcement that they were holding a special parade for a young man celebrating his 60th birthday. They pulled me out of my seat and away we went. It was great. Got a birthday card signed by all of the characters as well. Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the big 6 0 than parading around the Crystal Palace with all my favorites.

We have only been to WDW once but I have 2 memorable meals....

The first one was our early ADR breakfast at Crystal Palace. Long back story short, I had been DREAMING about going to WDW since I was a little girl and we had been planning a trip for about 6 years...every time we would start planning something would come up... so our first time into the Magic Kingdom was for our early adr...we took our picture in front of the castle and checked in. When the hostess walked us to our table, I sat down, looked up and saw the Castle right in front of us through the big glass window and just started balling. Just the fact that I was finally there, it was a dream come true. I didn't really eat much that breakfast...i just sat there staring at the castle!!

The second was breakfast at Chef Mickey's our last day. We were seated next to a family with a little girl and very young boy with special needs. *I only bring up the special needs part because I feel it pertains to the story and not to be disrespectful* . The little boy kept asking over and over for Mickey Mouse. Mom kept telling him that Mickey was coming and he needed to wait a little bit. As soon as he saw Mickey come to our section he couldn't contain himself. Just soo excited... when Mickey came over to the table the little boy froze and just looked at him in awe. Mickey was SO amazing with this little boy...playing hide and seek, giving hugs and high fives, just really went over the top with the interaction. It was something this little boy and I'm sure his parents will remember for a very long time. I just started tearing up thinking THIS is it. THIS is why I love Disney. I was just an awesome moment for this family that I didn't even know. But I was soo emotional over it. Best breakfast ever lol.

My husband and I still talk about that breakfast. ;)

We always love Ohana. We have never had a bad meal or time there.

Hoop dee doo also. We've been there 2 times. The second time for our 15 year anniversary. My husband was laughing so hard I thought he was going to pass out. He was laughing so much the whole time. I have so many pictures of him laughing and just having a great time. It was our all time favorite meal so far.

When I was a child back in 1999 we stayed at the Boardwalk and had family over at the Beach Club. Most mornings we would meet up from breakfast at the Cape May Café. Now, perhaps my extended family was rich and I never knew but what I was told as a child was because of the dining plan we picked we could have either a complimentary steak and/or ice cream sundae with our already buffet breakfast. As a kid this was amazing (especially since our dinner reservations were always for 8pm-9pm and all the kids would get shoved under the table because we fell asleep before the entrees came). I'm still not sure if it was a lie or not but having steak and ice cream with my mickey waffles was one of the best memories I had of eating at Disney.

Having fish & chips and a few pints next to the Rose & Crown with my dad five years ago on a trip I took HIM on, instead of the other way around. Since I was 10 years old to the time I was in my mid twenties, my dad scrimped and saved to take us to Disney for two weeks every summer as a father/son trip & other long weekends throughout the year. I know he did without so we could go on those trips.

It was the most memorable meal for me and to me that I was able to take him without him paying one dime out of his own pocket. Nothing will replace the memories I have growing up at Disney and being able to spend as much time as I did at Disney World with my dad. I was and still am very fortunate for that.

Funniest part was him trying to pay for drinks on the plane ride down. No need to pay for those in first class, dad :)

HDDR.... something was off with some of the food the night we went. No, neither of my kids had an existing "bug" or anything but the next day they were both violently sick. Cleared the bad food out of their systems and the rest of the trip was fine.

Ours would be CRT on Christmas Eve in 2010 on our first family trip. DD (8 at the time) was feeling spectacular, as she had been to BBB a few hours before. She was all dressed up, but not in a princess dress - she was in her fanciest black velvet Christmas dress. Peter Pan had fluttered through during her BBB session and had given her a lot of attention. With the fancy hairdo, fancy dress, and compliments from Peter himself, she was in the zone.

When we arrived, DD asked to be seated at the window. That would never have occurred to me - I don't know where she got the idea. We had a fairly late dinner, so we were there when the fireworks started. They dimmed the lights, and being at the window, we had the most spectacular view. It was just the perfect end to our most magical Christmas Eve.

Two memorable meals on our recent trip. One was Hoop Dee Doo, of course. Just great fun.

The other one was tea at the Grand Floridian. It was amazing from start to finish. As soon as I got off the monorail and entered the GF, I was in heaven. Everything was just beautiful. The tea room was so lovely, the food was perfect, the view (table by the window), the GF lobby, the pianist, the band ... I didn't want to leave. I just loved every second. I would do it over a hundred times. Worth every penny.

I am loving reading all of these glowing reviews of O'hana. It seems to me that O'hana is on almost everyone's top 5 list as either top 5 best or one of their 5 worst. For me it's the former. My most memorable meal was at Narcoosse's. We booked it last minute as a fill in without looking at any reviews, so didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised with the standard view from our window seat, then thrilled when the electric parade started and ecstatic once the fireworks show began. We didn't expect to see any of that and combined with the wonderful service and excellent food, it made for an amazing experience.

Cinderella's Royal Table - Mother's Day - 2003. We did WDW for Mother's Day from 2000 to 2005. My mom passed away later in 2005.

ry%3D400

The Plaza Restaurant, Mom and kids only trip, Spring Break about 8-10 years ago. In the months leading up to the trip, DS had developed a "sensitivity" to mushrooms that had gotten more pronounced as time went on. We had reached the point that we avoided them entirely. He would get violently nauseaus, and his throat would feel like it was closing up.

It's a nice evening in MK. We alert the staff that he is allergic to mushrooms. He orders the cheesesteak plain. They bring our meals. Three or four bites in (they were quick bites - he was a preteen boy - you get the picture), he says his lips are starting to tingle. Stops eating. Says he doesn't feel well, and he's feeling like breathing is difficult. There's no way I'm messing around with anaphelactic shock at a theme park. So we alert the staff, and they call the paramedics. Yep, the MK paramedics.

Much to the eternal embarrassment of DS and DD, two emergency responders and a gurney the size of a small boat come rushing into The Plaza. A couple of quick checks, and they say he won't drop dead within the next couple minutes. But they suggest we head to the infirmary. So off we go, DS under the power of his own feet. (NO WAY he was getting on that gurney! Not unless he was unconscious!) The nurses give him an antihistamine and a barf bucket. We spend two hours in the "MK ED." They were very nice, and I GREATLY appreciated their care.

But it wasn't exactly how we were planning on spending our evening!

So, yeh, our most memorable meal ever at WDW. The OP did say for any reason!

When we got home, I took him to an allergist. Who determined that it is not a true allergy, that eating mushrooms will never actually kill my son. Will make him miserable for many hours, cause him to barf violently, and to feel like he can't breathe - but won't kill him. Some of the best news I ever got from a medical professional.

For the record, we have also had many, many, many great meals at WDW. And dozens where the restaurant/kitchen staff did a great job of dealing with his mushroom sensitivity. So please don't read this as a "Disney doesn't do a good job with food allergies" post. They do excellently. But as anyone with food allergies/sensitivities knows, no one's kitchen but your own is perfect. And sometimes not even your own.

I am gonna have to say bluezoo 2012. The waiter was the best!!!! My DD 5 at the time was in love with chip and dale and we were a party of 5 with my mom and dad so we were at a 6 top so chip and dale had there own seat and they were brought a plate of nuts and my dd thought that was the best thing in the world. Food was amazing service was even better

1. Our honeymoon and the Biergarten.. Not only was it the only place we could get into for dinner that specific day but the band announced us to the relatively large crowd which was nice. We really enjoyed the food and have gone to the biergarten every trip since.

2. California Grill after the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We had completed the W&D Half the night before and wanted to celebrate our achievement (finishing for me and my DW running a strong run). It also fell the week of Veterans Day and a table near us overheard our conversation with our server/CM about my military service and bought us a bottle of Disney Champagne. The meal was fantastic and the view of the fireworks was amazing.

3. Rose & Crown pub on our 4th anniversary trip (Sept. 2013). We were sat out on the patio next to the lagoon. Our service was outstanding and the food was perfect. We had a great seat for Illuminations and our server brought us an anniversary desert to go along with the ones from our dining plan. Very memorable.

Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast for the first time. We had a toddler with us and she was so excited! It was absolutely adorable. The food was amazing, the wands they gave all 'princesses' were cute, and the entire experience was well worth the (way) advance reservation!

It’s amazing to read how special some of these Disney meals can be! :goodvibes Thank you all for sharing, and I look forward to reading more!

Dan

P.S. I’m surprised by the number of people mentioning Biergarten. We’ve just never really considered it. Probably my own fault for automatically placing it in the category of bratwurst, sausage, sauerkraut and beer. (all of which I like, but not necessarily on a WDW vacation). What makes it so special there? Food, atmosphere, entertainment, all of the above? We might have to give it a try!

Our best dinner was at Narcoossees. We were really looking forward to it because of it's location and the possibility to watch the Electric Water Pegeant and Wishes. The food was AMAZING! I had a salad as a starter, which seemed really simple by the look of it, but was great. My other half Rik had fried crablegs or something, which he loved. We both had steak as main, and that was outstanding. It had a really smokey taste, just splendit. In the meantime the Electric Water Pegeant came by, as we sat by the window and had a lovely view. Before the desert we went outside to watch Wishes. I had a cheese plate as desert and Rik had something sweet for sure. It was a great evening with a very nice server too.

Oh and that reminds me: Rik also had a Heineken beer, which is a Dutch brand that we normally have at home. Home away from home! :laughing:

P.S. I’m surprised by the number of people mentioning Biergarten. We’ve just never really considered it. Probably my own fault for automatically placing it in the category of bratwurst, sausage, sauerkraut and beer. (all of which I like, but not necessarily on a WDW vacation). What makes it so special there? Food, atmosphere, entertainment, all of the above? We might have to give it a try!

I was leery of it, too, but my husband wanted to try it and we didn't book any reservations until 90 days out (maybe less) so it was available. Dinner includes some really good cutlets and roast chicken, the pretzel rolls are delicious, and the band is a lot of fun! We were seated next to the floor, toward the center of the stage, so we got a great view and the kids got to get some ya-yas out by dancing. We all had a good time.

Every time we go to Hoop dee doo is very memorable! The performers are so entertaining & the food is yummy! Also, our meals at Kouzzina, specifically last year right before it closed for good. It was always our favorite meal & I looked forward to going to the Boardwalk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter