• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite shoes for the parks?

Mchurchill96

Mouseketeer
Yes, I know good athletic shoes (tennies) are probably best, and I will pack my New Balance, but in the heat of summer, I can't stand my feet being so enclosed, even here in Wisconsin. So I plan to get a new pair of Teva sandals (break them in a little, if necessary ) before our trip. They have great support for my "weird" feet, can get wet, have good tread. Anyone else love their sandals for lots of walking?

I have a pair of New Balance running shoes that are mostly mesh. They keep my feet nice and cool in the Florida heat with a good pair of wicking socks.
So far not one blister in 27 days at the parks with these.

i love my Keen Newport 2 sandals, they are great for those who need arch support, the toe cap is a big bonus.

i love my Keen Newport 2 sandals, they are great for those who need arch support, the toe cap is a big bonus.

I have an older pair of Keen that I love. I forget the style name, I think they're like the current Whisper style, without the toe cap. Tried on some Newport and Whisper sandals at the store today, and even half a size up, they were too small. I really wanted to like them and get them, too!

I usually wear Nike Pegasus, occasionally I will wear my Teva originals if I'm only going to be there for a couple of hours.

I bought Teva mush flip flops and I love them as far as comfort. They were recommended on Disney boards alot.

I have some of those. They're really comfortable as far as flip flops go. I haven't tried them in the parks though.

I'll have to try them out. The only flip flops that have been comfortable for me are fitflops, which I absolutely love! Don't know that I'd wear any flip flops to a park, though.

Yes, I know good athletic shoes (tennies) are probably best, and I will pack my New Balance, but in the heat of summer, I can't stand my feet being so enclosed, even here in Wisconsin. So I plan to get a new pair of Teva sandals (break them in a little, if necessary ) before our trip. They have great support for my "weird" feet, can get wet, have good tread. Anyone else love their sandals for lots of walking?

Teva = only shoes I wear at Disney. I have three pair!

Well, before I buy my Tevas, I think I need to at least try on some Chacos! They're not easy to come by where I live, but there is a shoe store about 20 min away that I believe carries them. I have flat, wide feet, an old knee injury, and thankfully, my plantar fasciitis disappeared 2 pair of New Balance ago! I'll go cheaper on clothes, but refuse to cut corners with my shoes!

I like my new balance tennis shoes. I may look like a granny but I have two children I have to chase around the park.

I wear Teva as do my kids. These are the only sandals I've been able to find that I can wear at Disney for an
entire week and not have any issues.

tennis/running shoes kill me in the parks, I just can't do it! I can run in my New Balance, and love them for that, but the time I wore them in the parks was the only time I've ever had a blister or sore feet.

For me, it's my Teva Mush, or my new favorite (that got me through last July in WDW and a couple weeks ago in Disneyland) are Yellowbox yoga mat flip flops.

I'm terrified it's going to be freezing during our upcoming December trip, and I have no idea what I'll do if I can't wear my flip flops...probably just have frozen toes, LOL.

My kids wear Teva Mush, too. DH usually wears his Nikes and then regrets not bringing his flip flops.

I took my super comfy and worn in Nike barefoot type tennis shoes. They're great at home even for all day outings. Turned out they were not WDW proof. I couldn't even put them on the 2nd park day. I ended up wearing Keens the whole trip and I'm still recovering from the blisters from the shoes. I got lucky. I almost didn't bring a second pair of shoes. I guess I would have been wearing Mickey crocs. Haha!

I wear Birkenstocks or Tom's classic flats. For me, the less I have on my feet the better. During one of our visits in January it was so cold I decided to wear socks and a pair of walking shoes. Resulted in a huge blister! Remember everyone's feet are different and the selection of footwear should be made based on what works best for you.

I have been wearing both New Balance Running Shows as well as Sketchers athletic shoes. I love the Sketchers because they are lightweight and they have memory foam They are so comfortable and need almost no break in time. I have wide feet so I appreciate the extra room some models have.

I go with properly fit light running shoes myself. Also remember to break them in before you go. walking 10 miles with new shoes isn't fun and will change the rest of the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter