Your Castaway Cay Musts

My perfect CC day involves a Tropical Depression in one hand and a huge chocolate chip cookie in the other. Oh and the Mahi Mahi for lunch. :)

I missed an opportunity to meet Captain Jack last time, so next time I'm definitely going to get in line if he's greeting! :)

I missed an opportunity to meet Captain Jack last time, so next time I'm definitely going to get in line if he's greeting! :)

You have to go find Captain Jack.

I was walking along the path near the shops and just happened to look over and noticed Captain Jack was hanging out in some bushes watching people go past. No one had noticed him until I walked over the the bush and started staring back at him. Of course he wasn't a big fan of me and shooed me away because he noticed my Captain Hook tattoo.

IMG_2208.jpg

It was actually my husband's fault. We were walking to the family beach, and there was a Meet n Greet as we walked. I said, ooh I want to go meet him, but hubby said "no, no let's get our chairs before they're all full." So we finally get to our chairs, I drop my stuff and go back, but they had closed the line. :( Whomp, whomp.

I will keep an eye out for him next time even in the bushes, thanks for the tip! :)

On all 4 of our Dream cruises he's been listed on the Navigator. He generally meets near the post office early in the CC day then over at Pelican Plunge area an hour or so later. He's also always, in my experience, had another meet/greet on the ship. Now that the Navigators are on the app and you can see ALL Navigators for your cruise without having to wait for each day's papers to come out, you can really plan when you see Jack!

On all 4 of our Dream cruises he's been listed on the Navigator. He generally meets near the post office early in the CC day then over at Pelican Plunge area an hour or so later. He's also always, in my experience, had another meet/greet on the ship. Now that the Navigators are on the app and you can see ALL Navigators for your cruise without having to wait for each day's papers to come out, you can really plan when you see Jack!

Wow, thanks Bumbleshoot! :hug: I'm sure to track him down, this time!!! :smooth: :woohoo:

The bait fishing trips run around $150 and the flyfishing is about 250. You can get more information on the Disney cruise line homepage under excursions. All fishing excursions or catch and release only.

Just wondering if my son would be able to do one of these by himself at 14. Traveling with me, DD and my mom and nine of us have any interest in fishing but DS could fish for hours and hours..I guess I'm wondering if there's a minimum age requirement. Thanks.

Just wondering if my son would be able to do one of these by himself at 14. Traveling with me, DD and my mom and nine of us have any interest in fishing but DS could fish for hours and hours..I guess I'm wondering if there's a minimum age requirement. Thanks.

The Port Adventures for fishing don't specifically list an age, but all contain the statement
  • Guests should note that if planning to take children on this excursion, the boat will be unable to return to the dock until the completion of the tour

That seems to imply a child could not take the fishing excursion alone. (My apologies to your son, as I am sure he does not consider himself a child! :))

The Port Adventures for fishing don't specifically list an age, but all contain the statement
  • Guests should note that if planning to take children on this excursion, the boat will be unable to return to the dock until the completion of the tour

That seems to imply a child could not take the fishing excursion alone. (My apologies to your son, as I am sure he does not consider himself a child! :))

Thank you. I looked on the DCL website and I think for any excursion you have to be 18 or accompanied by an adult, with the exception of the teen adventure. I'll see if he's interested in that. Thanks for checking!

Thank you. I looked on the DCL website and I think for any excursion you have to be 18 or accompanied by an adult, with the exception of the teen adventure. I'll see if he's interested in that. Thanks for checking!

I've always thought the teen adventure looked like a blast.

I second the Cajun Mahi Mahi on serenity bay. I am not a fish eater but have enjoyed it each time we've been there. The ribs and rib eye sandwich are also good.
I'm renting a Family Cabana, but now I am JUST going to HAVE to go to SB for lunch! everyone raves about the Adult beach lunch!!! it sounds wonderful!

I'm renting a Family Cabana, but now I am JUST going to HAVE to go to SB for lunch! everyone raves about the Adult beach lunch!!! it sounds wonderful!
We always grab a couple hammocks on the family beach - how far is the walk to the adults only section for lunch - 6 cruises and have never been there!!! This year our daughter is 18 so it is a new adventure to look into!!!

We always grab a couple hammocks on the family beach - how far is the walk to the adults only section for lunch - 6 cruises and have never been there!!! This year our daughter is 18 so it is a new adventure to look into!!!

It's the entire length of the runway so not really all that walkable, but they have a shuttle that takes you there from Palm Central Station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter