Your Castaway Cay Musts

I second the fresh cut fruit! As a pescetarian who can't have dairy (so a vegan who eats fish, basically), I loved the food by Serenity Bay! The mahi was always great and I eat fruit until I feel sick :)

Also, we love to be some of the last people on the ship. Walking down the beach with no one else in sight is awesome.

5K, soft serve, Cabana?, floating, snorkeling, relaxing, maybe a bike ride at slow speed, Captain's Mai Tai, never wanting to leave- Bliss...

What exactly is a Konk Kooler? I never moved past the CoLavas :-)

And anyone who had rented one of those ocean bikes.. can you do that in advance or just first-come, first-serve on CC?

What exactly is a Konk Kooler? I never moved past the CoLavas :-)

And anyone who had rented one of those ocean bikes.. can you do that in advance or just first-come, first-serve on CC?
Konk Kooler:
http://www.magicalrecipes.net/castaway-cay-konk-cooler-recipe/

ocean bike - do you mean the large wheeled Aqua Trikes? From the Port Adventures page on Castaway Cay:
Note: These rentals cannot be pre-reserved and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at Castaway Cay's Boat Beach.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/boat-rentals/

The bait fishing trips run around $150 and the flyfishing is about 250. You can get more information on the Disney cruise line homepage under excursions. All fishing excursions or catch and release only.
Too bad you can't catch and send back to the ship and have the chefs cook up the fish for your dinner, now that would be a great bonus to the adeventure:sunny:

I will be parasailing for upcoming trip at the end of July in CC! I was wondering what would be the best time to RSVP considering the weather. As of right now I have it booked for 11:00 am. This is my first post here, thanks in advance! :)

I really enjoy having a massage in one of the cabanas on Serenity Bay. It is so relaxing to breathe in the fresh salt air while having the massage, can't beat it.

I second the Cajun Mahi Mahi on serenity bay. I am not a fish eater but have enjoyed it each time we've been there. The ribs and rib eye sandwich are also good.

Our typical day on Castaway Cay: Island 5K (sometimes), Bike Rentals, In Da Shade for Free Throw challenge at Noon (usually my only chance to get a Mickey Head medal), lunch at Serenity Bay. relax on the beach with a Konk Kooler- either Serenity Bay or Pelican Plunge beach, whichever were in the mood for. Walk around, take photos and hit the shops.

For me it's a bucket of beer and a cabana. Everything else is extra.

15753539403_b21a7c4fc1_b.jpg

All of our previous trips have been a spot on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, floating, the water slides at pelican plunge, Konk Kooler, BBQ. We have done the stingray adventure and the jet ski excursion (both were fantastic) and back on the boat. This trip is in January and I expect the water to be cold so we are looking forward to doing all of the other things on the island that we don't get a chance to do. Bike ride, pictures at all of the different spots, crab races, sand castle building, and of course the Konk Kooler and BBQ is a must. It is such a beautiful island!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter