You would think sweatpants would be easy

bjscheel

(Avatar art by my daughter)
I'm having a hard time finding sweatpants for DD12. She is short (29" inseam) and curvy. Girls 14 are a fine length but too tight. She has a pair of Aero size Small that are great, but the style in store now is tight in the butt. Target womens are so long they puddle at her ankles. Walmart has nothing, Kohls website doesn't have anything that looks right, Scheels website didn't have anything.

She wants the elastic at the bottom, and for them to be fairly stylish- not Hanes.

So, any other suggestions of where to look?

Did you look on line at the pretty plus styles for girls at Kohls? Most stores don't carry the size, you have to order on line but there is usually a free shipping code floating around. I got a pair of pretty plus leggings and they worked out perfect!

Dd17 is under 5'4, and I believe I have bought her sweats at old navy and VS in petite small.

I would try Girls or Jr at Kohls again because both has plus if you need them a little roomy. DD#1 also used to find sweats at JCP.

My dd who is 13 and also short has a couple of Soffee brand ones that she loves!! We lucked up and found them on clearance at Sports Authority for $5 a pair

Both my DDs are about 5 feet tall and we have this problem all the time! Why do clothing companies think that everyone is tall or wears high heels with sweats? Anyway...I've purchased both Victoria's Secret PINK and Target. The Target ones were in the clothing section, not the workout clothes section. I have found "short" yoga pants for all of us (I'm only 5 feet tall too) at Target in the workout section. Costco also has "short" yoga pants on occasion, but they have a 30" inseam, so we can only wear them at home or have to get them shortened. #shortgirlproblems

Why do clothing companies think that everyone is tall or wears high heels with sweats?#shortgirlproblems

The same reason that they assume all adult women have "up top parts" ::edited, didn't realize the "b" word for those gets blanked out lol::. I have the hardest time finding tops that fit unless I go to teen stores, and that's getting a little awkward for a 34 year old. :)

And for the longest time I had trouble finding jeans to fit. Up until I was about 30 I wore a girl's 16 or juniors 0, and I'm 5'7". If they fit my waist, I looked like Steve Urkel; if they were long enough for me, they fell off my hips. #tallskinnygirlproblems :rotfl2:

OP, check Hanes or Jerzees websites, they might be your best bet.

Try New York and co. I bought some tight at the bottom ones for my mom at Xmas. They have petite, regular and tall sizes which might help.

I think your best bet is Kohl's kids that has the plus sizing. My girls also have crop sweatpants with the banding at the bottom from Hollister and Abercrombie. We were able to buy them on sale so they weren't too terrible. We are short as well, so have issues finding clothes to fit. Good luck!

I see a pair of Mudd sweats in girls plus that are what she's looking for- on clearance. Tomorrow I will measure her others and compare to see if 12.5 or 14.5 will work according to the chart. My experience thus far with trying girls plus bottoms on her, though, is that they are way too roomy. Maybe sweats will be different.

Will check out the rest of the ideas too. I looked at Justice since they go to 18 or 20 but they are "too Justice" :)

Try Delia's - I was there last night and saw some really cute grey ones with a colored stripe on the side for maybe $15 - you should go try them on - they were cute, but too big for my 9 going on 19 year old. You could look online, but I find their selection in store to be better sometimes and the price is never the same between the two places - usually cheaper in store for a change!

I think you should try kohl's also. My dd is hard to fit and we great luck with kohl's plus sizes.

I've ordered the Mudd girls plus sweatpants in 2 sizes and we'll return one. I just showed her the picture and she loved the style so hopefully one will work.

Gap looked promising too as an alternative in the future, but can't beat the Mudd ones at $10.80 plus 30% off for now.

Also thought I'd share if there are others here looking for jeans for a similarly shaped girl, we have found some good solutions for now. Maurice's makes an X-Short length and all their jeans tend toward curvy. DD fits in their 1/2 x-short. Aero's curvy style is good, even though the short at 30 inches is a bit long. Of course she also fits in size 26 Miss Me...but at least I've been able to find some second hand. Not buying those new! My mom knows how to hem them while keeping the original hem, so that helps too.

PS Aero it's the kids line from Aeropostale. Goes up to size 16, even runs a bit big. They have tons of sweats, zip up hoodies etc. great prices, you can order online and return to any Aeropostale store.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest