You Said What to Alice and the White Rabbit?-the end, 1/10 pg 15

jeremysdisneymom

DIS Veteran
You Said What to Alice and the White Rabbit?

:wave2:Hello and :welcome: to my family's 6th trip to Disney World! For those of you who followed along on my pre-trip report and for those of you who are new, I am glad you are here to read about undoubtedly our best trip to my family's Happiest, most Magical Place on Earth-Walt Disney World!

Let me start with just a short background about who we are.

Erika-DM to Jeremy and DW to Tom and Disney Enthusiast Extraordinairre! I live, breath, and dream Disney. By day, I am a CFO for an electric utility, and by night, I am the uber volunteer. The biggest flaw I have is that I cannot tell someone no. So, I volunteer on our hospital board, am PTO president and am our son's Cub Pack Committee Chair. If you followed on my pre trip you know that I just recently had a lap band so Disney was a bit different this time for me but oh, so much better. I am an avid walker now (up to 4 miles a day) and am a zumba addict. My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, character is Daisy, resort is Bay Lake Tower, and restaurant is Chefs De France.

Tom-DH and DD to Jeremy. He used to be referred to as the Disney Grump in our house but has finally came to his senses and loves Disney as much as I do. He is the workaholic in our family. He works full time for the local sheriffs office and the works part time on his days off for the local EMT. He is Jeremy's cub scout den leader and is the cubmaster for our local pack. His favorite park is probably EPCOT, not sure on the character, resort is a tie between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge, and restaurant is a tie with San Angel Inn and Le Celliers.

(Note: pictures are coming!!! Just be patient!)

Jeremy-our DS9 who is the newly acclaimed TWEEN! And no, that is not a good thing. He is our one and only child and the only grandchild on both sides of his family so to say he is spoiled would be an understatement. I say that he is very lucky boy as for the past 6 years he has been able to vacation at Disney World. He is an honor roll student and will be in 4th grade this year. He loves cub scouts, 4-H, piano, and just found a new love for karate. Jeremy wants to be an Imagineer (yes, I raised him right!) when he grows up and will tell anyone he knows that. His favorite park is EPCOT, character (who knows with that one----I have a feeling his picture is up in the character's locker room as the STAY AWAY FROM THIS CHILD WARNING after what he said to Alice!), favorite resort is Bay Lake Tower and that would only be for the one thing he found there that he loves (more to come), and favorite restaurant is probably San Angel Inn or Chefs De France.

We were at Walt Disney World June 25th-July 5th. We recently purchased DVC so this would be our first office trip home to Bay Lake Tower. However, our trip would start with an African adventure!

Our journey to Disney started on Friday, June 24th. I went to work really early that morning so I could leave early. Tom and Jeremy had been at Cub Scout Day Camp all week. Friday was Family Day and Jeremy really wanted me to attend. So, I was able to leave work and get there around noon. They had a cookout, each den did skits and songs, and at the end, they made a giant slip and slide for the scouts. It was really neat as they took plastic covering and put hay bales around it so it wouldn't move. They then put soap on it and the funnest part was the local fire department brought out their big truck and watered it down.

Here is Jeremy taking his first plunge!

IMG_5194.jpg

After several slides down, we all headed home to shower, finish packing and get on the road. I think we finally left the house at 5:00 p.m. Our plan had been for me to drive the first part so Tom could rest and then he would do the night driving. We love to drive at night. For one, there is less traffic and driving through Atlanta is a breeze in the middle of the night. Second, we get to Disney earlier. Third, the newly acclaimed TWEEN is asleep!

I get about 1/2 hour from home and of course the usual, what did I leave behind is playing in my head when it dawns on me that my diamond earrings are not in my ears but on the dresser in my bedroom! So, I would be without earrings the entire vacation! No biggie. Remember this --- there was something else beside those earrings that I forgot that ALMOST ruined the newly acclaimed TWEEN's vacation (yes I am being dramatic so that you will get the full effect!).

We make it to Berea, Kentucky and stop at the family favorite-Cracker Barrell for dinner. Tom takes over driving so I can rest a bit. We hit the Tennessee welcome center for the usual restroom/stretching break.

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

I drive the entire state of Tennessee while Tom and Jeremy sleep. Tom takes over at the first rest stop in Georgia. He wakes me and Jeremy as we breeze past Atlanta. A few hours go by and I am wide awake so I take over again and it is soon 5 am and we are crossing over into Florida.

Of course, we stop at the Florida welcome center. Tom is still asleep in the car while Jeremy and I are exploring. I had to get his picture in front of the sign even though it is dark.

IMG_5210.jpg

We stop in Lake City and have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. This must have been where the wildfires were as everyone around us was either a fireman or forest ranger. By 9 am, we see this lovely sign...........

IMG_5214.jpg

Up Next:

Where did we go first and what would our first purchase be? It's a biggie.
Would our room be ready?
You did what in the AKL lobby?
I can't believe this is a Standard View. :confused3
Will a cast member put a damper on our vacation?

Yippee!! You are starting your report! I can't wait to read all about it since we never managed to meet up (and really - with as long as we were both there - how did that happen?!:confused3)

Now, I need to get started on a report of my own!

Great start! I have a "tween" and two teens of my own so I know what you are going through. Not sure which one is better though. :rotfl: There is a light at the end of the tunnel. My DD 19 is so nice and loving now. I think going away to college really helps them grow up and they realize just how much we do for them. You just have a few more years and all will be right with the world again. :)

Can't wait to hear all about the AKL. It looks beautiful.

I'm here. Going back to read.:cool1:

Great start- A tween boy - good heavens you never know what will come out of their mouth next. :scared1::lmao:

Can't wait to read along!!!

Caught up to say that I can't wait to see your AKL view, and hope you love BLT as much as I do!!!

These cliffhangers are killing me!

Checking in before I head off to make pancakes for the camp gang. I will be along for your trip fun.

I'm here!! Thanks for the PM!!

Sounds like a great trip with lots of interesting stories. I can't wait to her them all. :banana:

I'm HERE!!:wave2:

I am SO excited to hear all about the Tween-ness, because you KNOW I'm in the exact same boat!!

Your reasons for driving are identical to ours... Atlanta at 2 am is probably the best reason!! :goodvibes

Ready for more! And I'm glad you are feeling better!

I'm here too!! I love the pic of Jeremy under the sign. I did not even realize he was there until you mentioned it.

Cannot wait to hear more about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter