• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"You need to teach your kid some manners..."

hpygrll

DIS Veteran
Yes... I was told this by another mom at daycare today. Usually at daycare everyone looks out for each other..not this mom.

Here's what happened. She was leaving one of the classrooms - holding the door talking, holding a baby in a carrier with another kid as well. My DS 5 - went under her arm to get in the room - we were going to pick up little brother. Now mind you..he shouldn't have done that...but before I could even say apologize to the lady or correct him on my own. She says something like watch where you're going there's a baby here. Really snotty like.

I say to her "Well, he's only 5" and she says "You need to teach your kids some manners!" WHAT?? I think I actaully said "wow" - then I said 'You have a great afternoon". The daycare teacher said the lady was just upset because it was there last day at the daycare after 4 years. I said "Gee, that's too bad"

It still bugs me and it's been 4 hours....let it go....let it go.... have some wine...

Thanks for letting me vent

Jenny:)

When someone hurts my feelings like that -I do the same thing. Even if I know they were being unreasonalble (like this person was) I stew on it for hours.
Try to let it go -she was out of line

You sound like me. Something like that would grate on my nerves for a good 48 hrs. Let's see, you posted about 25 minutes ago.....Try to let it go, girlfriend. You still have a few hours to go yet. I really hate rude people. There's NO excuse for it. I could never speak to someone like that...unless they were a family member ;).

That would have made me real angry. Could your child have hurt her baby by climbing under her arm? Probably not, but maybe if she wasn't blocking a doorway he wouldn't have done that. You handled it a lot better than I would have!

I don't think your son did anything wrong, unless he was running by the baby recklessly to get in the door and it doesn't sound like he was. Personally, I think people who stand in doorways conducting a conversation and thus blocking an entrance or exit are being rude.

In my opinion, that lady was confusing impulsivity with rudeness. They are not one in the same.

I don't think your son did anything wrong, unless he was running by the baby recklessly to get in the door and it doesn't sound like he was. Personally, I think people who stand in doorways conducting a conversation and thus blocking an entrance or exit are being rude.

I agree, it sounds like the woman is the one who needs to be taught some manners.

Now, have another glass of wine and either sit back and read a trashy novel, or watch one of the 100 ridiculous reality tv shows on during the summer.

Ladies - you are all awesome!!! Two glasses of wine and good conversation with you and now I feel better!!!!!

Jenny:)

I hate people like that. :mad: One time I had my youngest at the Walmart with me. He was in the cart and he was *not* behaving. I needed to grab a couple of things before I could get out of there and take him home. I was in the middle of telling him that he was not behaving properly and that I was not happy with his behavior and would be taking him home as soon as possible when this woman breaks in and tells me how he certainly isn't behaving properly and how people shouldn't take their kids out in public if they can't behave, etc, etc.

I have to admit that I did not handle the situation as well as you did and I certainly did not wish her a good day. :confused3

Maggie

Personally, I think people who stand in doorways conducting a conversation and thus blocking an entrance or exit are being rude.

I agree. What? This woman expected everyone to wait to enter until she was done having her "I'm standing in the doorway" conversation:confused3 :rolleyes: She was the rude one.

To be honest with you, when I saw her again, I would say something like "I had time to think about your rude comment and....". Then you can tell her what you think;)

In my opinion, that lady was confusing impulsivity with rudeness. They are not one in the same.

:confused3 What is it with doorblockers??? I find it rude as well! There was a whole bunch of them at my DD's summercamp and :confused3 they did not understand the meaning of "excuse me" :confused3 :confused3 It's a polite was of saying "move your carcass!"

I think you handled it wonderful. I can relate to your anger. I was getting paperwork froma small office and there was an older woman paying a bill. The office was very small and I had to manuver the kids around her (they were 2 and 6 at the time) They were very well behaved, but the small quarters made it difficult to get around her. As we were leaving she said to the girl behind the desk "I don't know why people don't use birth control"

My head almost came off. I said "Your old, so I will let that go"

It still makes me mad.

Yep, have that wine.

THAT lady's mom should have taught her some manners!

Couldn't agree more. I find that people who are quick to point out someone's rudeness (even if its not that rude) are generally big offenders themselves.

Just keep the wine flowing and you should forget all about her.

Wow! It seems like someone needs to teach that lady some manners. I'm sorry she was so rude. Remarks from people like that can sting for a while, enjoy your wine and be thankful you won't have to run into her again.
Lucky them wherever she winds up!

I agree thank god you wont be seeing her again. I also don't think I would of been so nice. Have a glass of wine for me.

My reply-"Thank you for showing him how not to act..."

Salute!

To the OP. I hope you are feeling better about it today.

As we were leaving she said to the girl behind the desk "I don't know why people don't use birth control"
A better response would have been, "Yes, your mother should have." It is so easy to think of a good response hours later.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter