You might be a DIS-er if........

MHSweb79

DIS Veteran
With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy and a nod to Nebo/ Smidgy, I'd like to present my own list of "You Might Be A DIS-er" in hopes of providing some cheer this holiday season. Looking forward to seeing yours!

If it takes you more than 15 minutes to locate a T-shirt that doesn’t have a Disney character on it, you might be a DIS-er.

If you know why Alien Green is such a popular paint color at Home Depot, you might be a DIS-er.

If you take pictures of everyone’s meals instead of saying grace before anyone can eat, you might be a DIS-er.

If your bucket list includes “Try to convince the turnstyle that today is NOT Friday” you might be a DIS-er.

If you have begged your DH to wear a cowboy hat and change his name to Rig, you might be a DIS-er.

If the phrase “going commando” refers to your touring style and NOT your underwear, you might be a DIS-er.

If you’ve ever woken your family at 6 a.m. on vacation to remind them, “We’re all wearing our tie-dye Mickey Head shirts today!” you might be a DIS-er. (Bonus points if your family asks, “Which one?”)

If someone at work tells you they’re going to Disney World, and you produce twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, you might be a DIS-er. (Or an Arlo Guthrie fan.)

On a similar topic, if you’ve lain awake at night wondering if “Robo” is pronounced like “hobo” or “hobbo,” you might be a DIS-er.

If the following question makes perfect sense to you: “Can I hit MK right at EMH and ride BTMRR before my 8:30 ADR at CRT or should I get a FP?” you might be a DIS-er. (Bonus points if you recommend the FP.)

Wow, I haven't even been here that long (lurked for quite a while though) and I had to answer yes to more of these than I feel comfortable with. :thumbsup2

When driving behind a car that has a license plate of AKL567 or 432POP or VWL928 and you read them as "Animal Kingdom Lodge 567", "432 Pop Century", or "Villas at Wildreness Lodge 928" , you might be a DIS-er.

Oh this is the best thread! Great ones so far! How bout when having a "real life" conversation, if you wish you could insert a dancing banana or a shrugging smiley in there, you might be a DIS-er.

OMGoodness....Cracking up! Soooo true!

How about I can make a Hidden Mickey out of just about anything if I try hard enough.:cool2:

Great Thread. Already have me laughing.

If you're sitting in the bathroom reading the Disboards on your smartphone, you might be a DIS-er.

If the first thing you do on getting out of bed in the morning is turn on your computer's Internet--instead of checking on your children,...well..

I so agree......but I think we should add a few:

Mine would be..........

If you check the Disboards before your fully awake to see if there is any important news that happened over night you might be a Dis'er.

:lmao:

If while in the parks you think in acronyms and have to translate back to english to converse with people...

If while in the parks you think in acronyms and have to translate back to english to converse with people...

DW and I were so doing this our last trip. Everyone looked at us like, huh? :confused3

If you know what rides you need to get FP's for right away.

Great Thread. Already have me laughing.

If you're sitting in the bathroom reading the Disboards on your smartphone, you might be a DIS-er.

Soooo true!

Also, if you log on wishing to find answers to non Disney related matters, you might be a DIS-er

Mx

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy and a nod to Nebo/ Smidgy, I'd like to present my own list of "You Might Be A DIS-er" in hopes of providing some cheer this holiday season. Looking forward to seeing yours!

If it takes you more than 15 minutes to locate a T-shirt that doesn’t have a Disney character on it, you might be a DIS-er. No, because if it does not have a character, I don't want it. :teeth:

If you know why Alien Green is such a popular paint color at Home Depot, you might be a DIS-er. :thumbsup2

If you take pictures of everyone’s meals instead of saying grace before anyone can eat, you might be a DIS-er. Always give thanks first.

If your bucket list includes “Try to convince the turnstyle that today is NOT Friday” you might be a DIS-er. :confused3 Don't know what this means.

If you have begged your DH to wear a cowboy hat and change his name to Rig, you might be a DIS-er. :confused3 Guess I don't get this either.

If the phrase “going commando” refers to your touring style and NOT your underwear, you might be a DIS-er. :thumbsup2 and :lmao:

If you’ve ever woken your family at 6 a.m. on vacation to remind them, “We’re all wearing our tie-dye Mickey Head shirts today!” you might be a DIS-er. (Bonus points if your family asks, “Which one?”) :thumbsup2

If someone at work tells you they’re going to Disney World, and you produce twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, you might be a DIS-er. (Or an Arlo Guthrie fan.) Can't say I do....but I usually have a planning DVD somewhere close by - does that count?

On a similar topic, if you’ve lain awake at night wondering if “Robo” is pronounced like “hobo” or “hobbo,” you might be a DIS-er. Can't say this matters to me.

If the following question makes perfect sense to you: “Can I hit MK right at EMH and ride BTMRR before my 8:30 ADR at CRT or should I get a FP?” you might be a DIS-er. (Bonus points if you recommend the FP.) :thumbsup2

14,000 posts later, it has been brought to my attention that I may not be a Dis'r. :rotfl2:

Love this thread! Definitely gave me some good laughs already.

If you have ever told any member of your family to make an "ADR" before going to a restaurant in your home town, and they know what you are talking about, you might be a Dis-er.

If you lie awake at night wondering what safety precautions you can use in order to not "pull a Nebo" the next time you are at Disney, you might be a Dis-er.

14,000 posts later, it has been brought to my attention that I may not be a Dis'r.

14,000 posts and you haven't seen Cheshire Figment's boilerplate summary of why you need purchase park hoppers instead of just getting extra days on your tickets? :confused3 It's posted about 20 times a week!

And clearly you don't read trip reports - Rig is a big star over there. :love:

And clearly you don't read trip reports - Rig is a big star over there. :love:

And he's not even the one writing the TR. His wife Leela is. :lmao:

If you camp out 2 hours ahead of time, at all the best spots to view Wishes, SpectroMagic and Illuminations; you might be a DIS-er.

If you start a story by saying, so we wanted to go to MK, but is a 10, so we opted for AK, since it was only a 5. We decided to change our ADR from CP to Y 'n Y and save CP for our MK night.

So when we got to AK, the line for EE was so long we had to go to.....

This is when eyes start rolling.;)

If you know all the places to take pictures with the characters, even the ones hard to find; you might be a DIS-er. (DISboards is where I learned the only place I could take my picture with Thumper.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter