• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know you're getting old when....

When you change the radio channel that is playing Back in Black by AC/DC. :sad2:

When all the Doctors you see remind you of Doogie Howser and the policemen look about 12 years old.

When your son's teacher is younger than your oldest child.

When you realize that one hair on your chin has multiplied to 7 and no amount of tweezing or waxing makes them go away. Why don't they turn gray? No, they stay has dark and as stiff as horse hair.

When you find a gray hair in your eyebrow.

When you wake up in the morning and do the scrunch walk for 50 feet to get standing up straight.

Kelly

When your adult niece says, "Who's Laverne and Shirley? Never heard of 'em....", you're old as dirt. Its confirmed, nothing you can do about it. :p

When you can't hear your rice crispies over the snap, crackle and pop of your bone joints.

Oooh, this just happened to us. At a work function my friends were looking around and commenting on how it seemed that the company is bringing in more and more college interns. Then I said "no, I think those are just regular employees....we're just old." It was true!

When you watch Ferris Beuller's Day Off and you find yourself thinking, "I really hope they catch that little @%#$^@^!!"

Last Sunday I actually did have a getting older experience. The children's choir was singing up front in the church and I discovered that one of the little girls was the daughter of a "boy" I had in my first grade Sunday school class many years ago. :sad2: :crazy:

You forget to make dinner for the rest of your family, forcing them to eat icky leftovers.

(That fits my mother, not me. I'm stuck with the icky leftovers.)

When you say "I'm looking for a College" not for yourself, but for your kids.

When you start growing again - Out instead of up

Chilehead Too said:
When the only wedding invites you get are not for your friends, but their children :guilty:
When you forgot that you just posted the exact same thing seconds before...sorry. I just couldn't resist.

tigercat said:
Who is Steve McQueen?
tigercat

Who is he?

When you have to go to your yearly mammogram. (I'm not there yet!)

When your arms are not long enough to hold what you're reading, so you start wearing your bifocals.

When your DH is teaching kids born in the 1990s!!

When the kids in your DH's marching band hear another band playing "I want Candy" and they associate it with Aaron Carter!

When the kids in your DH's marching band say "Wow, you had tapes when you were little?" I didn't even bother to mention I had records, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter