You know you're a DVC junkie when...

I second the comment by Simbasmom - when you start reading through the posts and none of the ideas sound crazy - and in fact - you're taking notes because there are some ideas you just might want to try - that's when you know you're addicted to DVC. Makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one.

People look at my Disney license plate, Mickey wallet, Mickey cell phone holder, Mickey watch and Disney clothing and ask me if I'm into Disney. If I could go into court wearing my Disney clothing I'd do it. But I don't think the judges would like it very much.

I am continually thinking about how I can get to WDW and where I will stay. I have my next two trips planned already. OKW here I come!!

We are constantly planning our next trips and trying to figure out ways to stretch our points. We have the Goofy remote that talks to you when you remove it from the base, Mickey watches, several family photo albums filled to capacity with photos. I am also planning on turning our sunroom in our new home into my Disney beach room. Would love to cover the walls with all of our photos from trips to WDW (like Olivia's). I also had Mickey airbrushed on my nails today!

We are leaving Friday for the BCV for 8 nights! We can hardly wait! Then our next trip is to BWV for 5 nights (kidless!). Disney - here we come! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Okay... here's a new one.... I burned a CD of my favorite Disney Songs from my collection and I play it in my car everyday during my 1 hour commute to work. Let me tell you.... There is no such thing as road rage when you have Disney playing in the background.:jester:

Our family room has unoffically been dubbed the "Disney Room" We now have about 60 pins hanging on the bullentin board and a huge 36x48, framed "Pirates of the Caribbean" poster hanging on the wall. Various Disney photos and frames throughout the house. "This is us with Minnie" "This is us with Goofy" "This is our favorite picture of us with Mickey"

I have my "Mickey" outfit - consisting of one of many WDW Shirts with Mickey, Tigger or Pooh socks. My DH now owns 3 Mickey ties, And, yes we own the his & hers fuzzy mouse ears. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I have a folder in my "FAVORITES" called "DISNEY" just for all 3000 sites out there that I visit weekly.

The WDW commerical bring tears to my eyes because I'm "homesick":)

Now we are waiting to hear back on our OKW re-sale, since Disney has ROFR. I've got my fingers crossed that we'll soon have a "home"

Nice to know I'm not alone in my "disease". :)

contemplate bringing your member's guidebook into the birthing room so you can "talk points" in between contractions.
;) ;) :earseek: :earseek: :) :)

OK, lets see, I have a huge Mickey that has his own recliner surrounded by various other size Mickeys. Just about every Sun. I wear a Mickey tie to church, different styles of course. I built display cases beside our 52" tv to house the Dis snowglobes, pictures from our WDW trips, diecast vehicles from the rides, Dis collecter plates and just about anything else Dis that will fit in there.
We have Mickey on 2 antenneas of cars, been there, done that, going back license plate holder and sun visor, CD changers in both w/mostly Dis CDs of some kind or the other. Lots of Dis VHS and DVDs. By the way, our last trip, someone stole our antennae off our at the airport, what made me mad is they took Goofy w/ it.

Weekly trips to The Dis store to satisfy the crave. New members of DVC waiting for our first trip home in Dec. This is probably the clincher, I have done a huge Creative Memories scrapbook of our 1st trip to WDW from Dec. 1999 and working on 2nd book from Dec. 2000 trip right now with hopes of finally getting around to our 3rd trip before we get back in Dec. for our 4th. The bad part is I am a guy! Isnt scrapbooking a girl thing.
I am obsessed and need help!!

You know you are a DVC junkie when :

You made your first DVC purchase for the BCV's in February and are doing an add-on there in July..... in just a few days....Yippee.....(I'm sick, very, very sick!);)

People visiting our house know that we are addicted to Disney, but as a teacher I had to spend way to many hours away from home 9 months out of the year, so I transformed my jr. high classroom. Do you know how hard it is to find classroom decorations of Disney? When I decided on this transformation 5 years ago, Disney was missing out on these $$$, so I had to create my own. Thank God for Disney coloring books and opaque projectors, Happy meal toys, and students. Now whenever kids bring me anything, it is Mickey, they all know that Mickey is my favorite. I even turned the sidelight window into my room into a Timon stained glass window. My partner refers to my room as Disneyland. One year I was going to change the decor, and the kids revolted, Mickey is back.

Oh, no Johnny.....its when you try to figure out how to have that homebirth at "home".....

I'll have to have DH read this post, so he can see there are people crazier than me!

We only have Disney in the kids' bathroom and the game room.

1. Let's start with the Mickey mailbox that I recently painted...it's pretty cool....white with black Mickey heads on it!

2. On the refrigerator we have the magnetic "Been there, Done that, Going back" bumper sticker with the days to go countdown underneath it...today it says 72 days!

3. We have Mickey dishes and silverware, and various other Disney paraphernalia decorating the kitchen.

4. Living room is full of Disney picture frames and photo albums, the Mickey phone, and the Mickey throw blanket on the couch.

5. Kids bathroom is painted like the mailbox....white walls with black Mickey heads all over, Mickey shower curtain, towels, soap dispenser, and even shampoo and soap from the resorts.

6. Infant daughters room is done in Classic Pooh.

7. If we are not playing the Disney CDs in the car, the kids have a fit!

8. DH and I are secretly hoping that DDs first word will be "Mickey" and that her first complete sentence will be "Daddy, when are we going to Disney World again?"

9. Too many items of clothing, shoes, slippers, pajamas, swimsuits, beach towels, movies, DVDs, computer games, and toys, from the Disney Store/Catalog/Online, to even mention!!!

10. Oh yeah, we just got a Disney vanity plate for my van....and around it is the "Been there, Done that, Going back" frame.

11. Neighbor across the street won't even step foot in our house or "drink the koolaid" for fear of "catching" the Disney bug!!!

Belle & Rellas Mom
& Abby too born 3/8/02

CBR 01/00
POFQ 09/00
CBR 01/01
POFQ 05/01
POFQ 09/01
ASSP 11/01
AKl & BC 05/02
and 72 more days until BCV 09/02!!!

I realized i had a serious problem when I would make toast just to here my toaster play "its a small world"....I need help:p

My DD's want "Mickey pancakes" every weekend using our Mickey Waffle iron.

Ok, I'll admit I've decorated my family room to look like VWL:) I've got mission style furniture and a slipcovered soft brown sofa and oversized chair plus a mission style recliner....lots of little things around the room I bought at the WL gift shop including several of those cute bears and candleholders and photo frames.
I also never get into my car without the Illuminations/ToN CD:D

Funny post!!

Picking up where Johnnie & Lesley's posts about giving birth left off...

Hmmm... has anyone had a "homebirth" at DVC? Maybe in that big, comfy jacuzzi? ;) Wonder if the baby will get a samll add-on as a gift. How about if the baby was conceived AND born at DVC? :jester: Something to think about... need to do some family planning before our next trip!! LOL!!

BTW, has anyone given birth in the parks? Is it my imagination or did I hear something about this many years ago? Can you imagine Goofy as your birthing coach? :) Would the kid get lifetime admission to the parks? :p

Births not allowed? Hmmm... how about Christenings/Infant Dedications? There's that big fountain in Future World, or how about the Little Mermaid water fountain in MK, or all those squirting/dancing water fountains all around the World?

What's the record for the youngest visitor to the Parks? If a "homebirth" can be arranged at BCV, we could hop over to Epcot later on that day...

(Shaking myself awake) Ooops! There I go again... falling into a Disney trance! (Looking around fugitively) Better get back to work before I get those weird looks again! :jester:

1)When your mantle is covered with family pictures and "The "Mouse" is in everyone of them.

2)When you can't find anything but Baby Mickey to decorate the nursery, so you make your own baby comforter with Big Mickey.

3)Your DDs rooms have been Mickey, Classic Pooh, and Princess, and their bathroom is Mickey.

4)You haven't finished the scrapbook of your 2001 trip and you've still got Feb2002 to do, and you're leaving again in less than 30 days! (Don't feel bad JimmyTammy - and no, it's not only a "girl" thing!)

5)Running out of wall space to hang prints of our other "homes".

6)You're collecting things for a garage sale and you can't bring yourself to part with anything Disney.

7)You know the release dates for all the upcoming Disney movies and DVD's.

8)You check the resales boards everyday 'cause there might be one you just have to have!

I could go on and on, but then I know you all understand the addiction:cool:

... when you've added on FOUR times, and your original purchase was just this past April! (this is it, I swear!)

... when your spouse asks what kind of railing design you would like for your front porch renovation, and you say to wait until after we come back from our DVC stay so that we could checkout the styles there! (same response for the choice of color schemes throughout the house!)

... when you subscribe to all the airfare "specials" notifications, so that you could the "inexpensive airfare" excuse, for another trip HOME!

... when you have spreadsheets and calendars to keep track of your points and to remind you when to call MS to schedule your next trip!

... when you check this board daily (or is that hourly?) to get the lastest updates on DVC!

As a side note, I did have all the resellers websites bookmarked, however, after this last add-on I removed them. I DO still check them from time to time, though. There's no harm in looking, right?...

I have every esaver email there is notify me of good fares into Orlando.

I sleep on flannel Mickey sheets. My bright yellow bathroom wakes me up in the morning, and my oval Mickey mirror (with Mickey behind it, holding the mirror) greets my bed head. I drink "Mickey" coffee that I scoop from a Mickey cannister every morning. I drink it while eating my Mickey waffles.

I have an oval DVC sticker on my car. STILL can't decide on a Disney license plate but am definitely getting one soon! Of course, I have the Mickey antennae topper, the Imagineers version! I created my own version of the obligatory flag in the back window by cutting a Mickey head out of a US flag.

Have framed photos of various sites around the World in almost every room of the house. Most of the stand alone frames in my house have a Mickey head on the frame. My favorite chair has a comfy fleece Mickey head throw on it, and a Mickey head pillow.

I bought a cordless speaker just so I could listen to Disney radio downstairs (our computer is upstairs). I also downloaded a ton of music from the parks which I listen to in my car!! LOVE that. If you could get Disney radio in the car I'd be in heaven.

I don't think I have all that much Disney stuff in the house, mostly because the only room literally "themed" Disney is my bathroom. But I have to admit that everytime someone new comes to my house they look around and then say, "Uh, are you a Disney fan?" :rolleyes:

Grace, I believe some have come close to birthing in the parks....but I think they make it priority #1 to get them out before the birth happens. HA...I'd just like to see them try to move me if I were about to give birth! Of course, it honestly sounds like a horrible place to have a baby, imo....yuck. Germier than a hospital.

And to be honest...the jacuzzi tubs really are too shallow for a good waterbirth....though they'd be a godsend during labor!

If a baby were born at DVC I don't know if we'd even know it. Personally, I'd probably keep it to myself...or at least not actually inform anyone that "hey, I just had a baby here!" (But don't worry...I don't plan to be having a baby at DVC....done with the babies thing)

We redecoreated the bathroom with the Mickey shower curtain, the towels and ceramic accessories last year.

Our basement currently has no free wall space because it is filled with 22 Production cels and/or drawings! Snow globes now decorate the bar and I have a clock with Goofy, Donald and Mickey that "talks" every hour with their voices - "Goofy is particularly funny!" Oh, and I forgot to mention the 8 Disney halloween costumes that hang on a rack, along with a 4 foot Mickey sitting on a directors chair. Mickey desk accessories, Buzz lightyear mousepad. (All this in a basement - which now looks like a Disney decorators dream!)

My son's bedroom, has gone from the nursery decorated with all different Disney charachters, to now, since he's a "big boy" just Lion King decor.

Guess we're hooked!

Oh, and did I mention the official blue Disney Store Varsity sweaters that my husband, my mother and myself all wore last year to Magic Kingdom? All that was missing was the Mickey Ears!

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter