You know you're a Disney Family When....

I responded earlier, but this actually happened this weekend so I felt I should add:

... When both you AND your wife start re-organizing the interior decor to make room for the three new framed attraction posters you got from the Magic Kingdom. ( Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise )

We have that exact same triptych. :cool1: We had it nicely framed above our fireplace for a few years, but moved it into our "disney hall gallery" when we bought two new beautiful water colour style prints of the Pirates and Haunted Mansion on our last trip.

The strangest looks our friends and family have given us lately is our cool new tall Jack Skellington collectible figurine in his coffin standing on our piano in the living room. I guess it freaks people out a little, but we just love him

Also, I gave my husband $60 on his birthday so he could go buy a 1937 Snow White Doll at the antique store downtown that he had been eyeing. He was thrilled! Our friends and family weren't even suprised by this???

- Just bought a new truck and my wife says "This would be good for driving down to Disney"
-All coffee is served in resort travel mugs
-Small toys are stored in Disney popcorn buckets
- Every time a Disney movie starts my 2.5yr old DD sees the castle logo and screams "Disney World, I go there when I'm 3 and my brother is 1."
- Every time my 10month old DS sees Mickey he explodes with joy

We definitely have the "let's talk about what to do on our next trip" conversation... Daily!

... When your ask dh at dinner how his day at work was and ds (who was 3 at the time) says "did you earn money for disney?!?!"

... When you take your son to the doctors for four year old check ups and he has to get shots and are told the next ones won't be til he's 11 and you explain that it's 7 more years in terms of Disney "7 more trips, not until you're "rock n roller coaster tall" etc (and others think you're all nuts when he repeats it.

... When you pass the park and fly lot on the way home and ds asks "can we go to Disney tonight?"

... When you are taking about living on the planet earth with your toddler and he asks "is disney on the earth too?"

Most of what everyone said sounds like us. We also named our van Minnie after Daisy had to say goodbye from our family. I cried when we let our first van go. It took us to Dinsey for the first time and created such great memories.

When you try to borrow quarters from the Disney Jug for the car wash and the kids run downstairs screaming "Daddy, Mommy's stealing the Disney money." Then, DH says, "Use these dollar bills in the change machine at the car wash and leave the Disney money in there. Every penny counts."

We also see hidden Mickey's everywhere. When DS6 tries to tell other people he sees a hidden Mickey, they don't seem to have a clue!

When your 9 year old son has no problem making the last 2 years pinewood derby cars Mickey themed even though other kids say Mickey is for babies.

When your 4th grader is working so hard in school just so he can be assured of a spot in the Disney college program.
His dream job is a vet at Animal Kingdom - but his only concern is that "Do you think I'll have a long enough lunch break to run over and ride EE during it???"

When your mantle has the Partners Statue, the WL totem pole, numerous porecelain Disney figures and a plaque with a Walt Disney quote on it.

I'm sure I will think of a hundred more as soon I hit the submit button :)

When your 2yo runs through the house yelling, "I'm going to Disney World forever and EVAH!"
When your 3yo spends ALL day packing his backpack and rolling tiger suitcase for our next Disney trip...and it's still 5 months away.

When you have a well-worn notebook that has your "master" Disney World packing list inside.

When your 3 oldest kids constantly start sentences with, "next time we go to Disney World..."

When we get stopped at the zoo, so people can admired the pins on DS's hat.

When my daughter is being bribed into good grades with a Disney Cruise.

When we have props from Toontown in the corner of the living room and no one questions it.

When we weigh everything we think of buying with the question: "Do I need this more than Disney?"

When your son sleeps with his Stitch vacation backpack.

When your daughter comes home from school to inform you that a friend of her's was going to WDW and she freaked them out when she started planning their trip for them.

When your mostly non-verbal son can distinctly say Walt Disney.

Boy, this list can get long....:eek:

You ask your DS4 what he wants for dinner and he asks to eat at Disney world, even though we live 17 hours away!

When we weigh everything we think of buying with the question: "Do I need this more than Disney?"

Oh amen.

When your 4YO who hasn't even been to a Disney theme park yet asks to watch rides by name on youtube.

Your child's first haircut came with a set of mickey ears!

And then you wait a full year until the cut, just so you can get some pixie dust with the trim!

Your countdown to the next vacation starts before you depart MCO.

9 out of 10 conversations start with "Next time we're at Disney..."

We wanted to repaint the girl's bathroom. We asked them what they wanted and they said "a hidden Mickey bathroom."

We used satin paint in the same color as the walls to put "hidden mickeys" on the walls and they love it!

We wanted to repaint the girl's bathroom. We asked them what they wanted and they said "a hidden Mickey bathroom."

We used satin paint in the same color as the walls to put "hidden mickeys" on the walls and they love it!

Pics! We must have pics!

when DS finds Hidden Mickey all over the place

when your DD( who is 14) is trying to plan her life so she can work for Disney

When I ask where everyone want to go when we go out for dinner and at the same time they all scream "Chef Mickey's"

When your kids randomly burst out singing the Carousel of Progess song and whenever your having a bad day remind you that "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow"

When your 2 yo grandson
sees your backscratchers and starts naming all the characters.
wants to use your I-phone to read his Disney apps.
insists you show him the pic from Finding Nemo in AK on the I-phone.
knows the difference between Pooh Bear and Duffy Bear and shows you.

We dont even make it out Florida before the "next time we go to Disney..." begins!!

DS5 told all of his friends that he went to China, France and Canada over Christmas vacation.. he is FULLY convinced that World Showcase Countries are the REAL thing! :rotfl2:

Heck we dont make it out of the resort and usually still have a day or so left in the trip

-When the kids want to watch the specials on Disney World on Netflix
-When you'd rather watch a Disney movie than anything else
-When you own a "sing-a-long" Disney DVD and get excited to see Donald Duck and Chip and Dale on the screen.
-When it's slow at work, you find yourself on the DIS because it will entertain you and pass the time. (like now...)
-when you and your SO met on the DIS and your love of Disney led to your first date :love:
-when every weekend "Disney" comes up in the conversations you have with your SO's kids when they visit.
-when everyone at work knows you're going to Disney in 4 days because you keep talking about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter