You know you're a Disney Family When....

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by MyKidsMom1820, Apr 5, 2012.

1. dananbethany

dananbethany My knight in shining armor turned out to be a lose

When you say, "It's time to plan our next vacation!" and no one says, "Where are we going?"

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dananbethany

Off topic, but my 16 YO daughter refers to Hobby Lobby as my boyfriend!

4. MnMomW3Boys

MnMomW3Boys Mouseketeer

When a friend says her boys have outgrown Disney and your three boys think they are CraZy!!!

5. disneymomjcs

disneymomjcs DIS Veteran

.....everyone you know calls you the Disney go to girl!:rotfl2:

......my husband thinks I have a boyfriend at Disney, and I do Mickey Mouse!
    :lmao:
    .....when everything reminds us of Disney:woohoo:

......when everything reminds you of a Disney attraction..:wizard:

6. kehlyrsmom

kehlyrsmom Mouseketeer

When the highlight of my husbands and I 20 year anniversary trip to Hawaii was going to see Aulani to get our Mickey fix.

Then this year decided that if we go anywhere for our 21st Anniversary we would both rather go to disney than anywhere else.

When your kids refer to your family as What is the Disney family going to do this weekend.

When you get a new puppy and the kids decide that her name should be Disney since we are the Disney family.

When your Great Dane puppy named Disney has a Mickey Mouse head dog collar and name tag.:)

You have two trips planned to go to the world within one year and are talking/searching for cheap airfares so you can try and squeeze in a third.

When the teachers expect you to be gone the week of labor day since you have been gone that week for that past 6 years.

7. bjscheel

bjscheel (Avatar art by my daughter)

When your DD13 is more in love with Goofy than any other male celebrity.

When your DD10 plays Wii Go Vacation and lets her Mii ride the train for ever because the announcer sounds like the Disney bus announcer.

When you have Minnie & Goofy decals on the windows of the minivan.

When your DH voluntarily wears Mater, Lightning McQueen, Goofy, or Mickey shirts on weekends.

8. dananbethany

When someone at work says, "You should read this book they talked about on TV. It has a lot of tips on saving money at Disney." So you borrow the book, read it, and realize that you could have written it!

True story, bro!

9. mjfisherdc

mjfisherdc Mouseketeer

When studying modes of transportation at Pre-School your DS's answers are "monorail" and "tram" :rotfl:

10. GoofyFairie

GoofyFairie DIS Veteran

...everytime you get in the car you kids ask "So, what do you want to do first on our next trip to Disney?"

...when your DS can find hidden mickeys everywhere!

...when your DD asks you to teach her how to make her own Disney scrapbook and is excited when that is one of her birthday presents.

...when all of your Christmas gifts are wrapped in Disney paper.

...when you kids Easter baskets are filled with all Disney stuff.

...when DH buys a bottle of water at the theater and turns to you and says "Are we in DIsney?" when he finds out how much it is.

...when DH finds hidden mickeys. (He isn't anti-disney, but he doesn't eat, drink, and sleep it like me. I am slowly bringing him to the other side. ;))

...when you spend all of your free time on the disboards.

...when DH refers to your time on the disboards as your "crack".

11. Blackbeltdisneygirl

Blackbeltdisneygirl Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Tru dat. Today it happened when I bought Burger King for breakfast. I got some french toast sticks and one of my daughter's said: "Wait! It smells like the food courts at Disney!"

Yesterday it happened at the Great Lakes Science center when we were watching the Imax movie. We kept feeling like we were on Soarin'! Happens all the time.

My Kindergarten daughter wrote in one of her porfolios for homeschooling "The bus takes me to Disney." "The airplane takes me to Disney." Very funny.

We do hidden Mickey's constantly, but we count the attenae balls from Disney as hidden Mickey's since you never know when you're gonna see them, and my DS and momma always say: "They're not hidden!!" Tonight we watched a movie, and during a fireworks scene, I heard: "Hidden Mickey!!!"

*When your kids have actually written and performed original songs about going to Disney. I will have to post a video sometime.

*When your fave dinner conversation goes like this: "So...let's talk Disney." Apparently we have our own language.

*When someone else's Disney memories can make you cry just by reading about them on a screen.

*When you plan your trip roughly a year in advance because you "Have to be ready to make your ADR's in 6 months. Geez O Pete people. Don't you know I don't have much time???

*When your husband calls and says "I need a Disney day."

*When people say: "You know there are other places to go on vacation, right?" To which you reply: "Yes, but why would I want to go anywhere else?"

*When ordinary items suddenly become Disney paraphenelia. You see a plain t-shirt and say: "OOOHH...I can embroider on that." or "That shirt would be great for tie dying a new Mickey head shirt!" Or a Ball Jar suddenly becomes a Disney change jar....etc...

12. nmb1dsnefan

nmb1dsnefan Earning My Ears

Both DDS 10 & 17 say when I grow up I want to be _____ at Disney World.

When DH says when I retire I'm going to drive a tram in Disney World.

When friends and family only buy you and your family Disney themed gifts.

When every holiday turns into a Disney themed Holiday. Including all the decorations.

When you plan your next next Disney trip before you even go on your next Disney trip.

When the music from When You Wish Upon A Star at the beginning of every Disney movie almost makes you cry.

When you hear a new Disney comercial on TV and you race to catch what it is about!

Could keep going, but I think thats enough crazy for one day lol

13. bringmethathorizon

bringmethathorizon Mouseketeer

now i dont feel so bad.
    we could check off most of these.

14. TinaLala

TinaLala Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

Whenever you're waiting in line anywhere or in the car you play the guess what Disney character I am or guess where in Disney I am game?

You swear at the TV when the Disney 'Good Life' commercials come on because your next Disney vacation isn't for another 2 years.

You debate whether or not to put up the latest Disney property map as the centerpiece wall hanging in your livingroom.

You've converted your entire travel trailer decorations into Disney theme and you don't even take your trailer to Disney anymore.

All of your lawn ornaments are Disney themed.

You have to ask your DD if she wants the Winnie the Pooh blanket or the Minnie Mouse blanket on her bed.

You accidentally go to work in your Mickey Crocs and no one seems to notice!

Family phone ringtones are either - Fantasmic, Spectromagic, Haunted Mansion or It's a Small world!

DD12's screensaver on her phone is "Stay calm, Think about Disney!"

15. momofrrr

momofrrr ILOVEEEYORE

conversation last Friday night at dinner......

DS: "Mom, have you started planning our next vacation yet"

Me: "What vacation?" (we have two kids in college)

DS: "Our next vacation, have you started planning it yet?"

Me: "No, where are we going? "

DS: "Duhhhh Mom, you know we are going to Disney"

Me: "Ya'll don't want to do something else next time? We have a year to explore our options."

DS: "Duh Mom, you know we are going to Disney!!! Is there really any other place?"

Me: "well, OK then....."

16. Blackbeltdisneygirl

*I am still considering the property map thing. They are so pretty.

Ok. You know u are a Disney family when instead of asking your daughter if she likes her Easter basket, u ask her if she likes her Disney basket. That one happened today.

17. KelnRon

KelnRon Mouseketeer

You spend days with a nameless puppy b/c you want the perfect Disney name for him!!

Orlando:

[​IMG]

18. xipetotec

xipetotec DIS Veteran

I responded earlier, but this actually happened this weekend so I felt I should add:

... When both you AND your wife start re-organizing the interior decor to make room for the three new framed attraction posters you got from the Magic Kingdom. ( Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise )

19. Paradise18

Paradise18 DIS Veteran

When the screen saver on our computer is a collage of photos from all of our disney trips over the years that come in and overlap. I go to use the computer and get distracted just sitting there watching the photos. Can't wait to add more.

20. Blackbeltdisneygirl

We have 5 computers in our house b/c of the kids being part of a cyber school, and 4 of them have Disney pictures that flash across! My son is the exception to the rule b/c he is obsessed with 70's rock and is a self-taught guitar player, so he usually has something music/guitar related on his screen. The rebel.

21. family3indisney

family3indisney Mouseketeer

...... half your jewelery in your jewelery box is Disney related and when your husband asks what you want for your birthday its another piece of Disney jewelery.