You know what I did when I was 12? I got a job! 1/31 update

I'm here!!:wave2:

I really want to go to the CP for breakfast now, even with our bad dinner experience. We didn't even try to get Zoey on PoC, i just knew after how she reacted to Peter Pan not to push my luck. Next time she'll go!!

I'm here!!:wave2:

I really want to go to the CP for breakfast now, even with our bad dinner experience. We didn't even try to get Zoey on PoC, i just knew after how she reacted to Peter Pan not to push my luck. Next time she'll go!!

Hi! :goodvibes CP breakfast is awesome! I'm guessing your bad dinner luck could happen anywhere since it was a customer based issue? The character meals we have been to the characters seem to rarely have handlers with them at all. I'd give it another shot, especially since the food is actually good(well, minus the bacon, but that's a WDW issue...).

Awww we are staying at the BW since that's where our friends are staying! Do I hear Dismeet? :lmao:

Would love a Dismeet, but maybe not for our first time there. I think I'm going to have all I can handle with just getting my family around the parks :eek:

And you should have a career in food pictures. Seriously yummy looking breakfast pics! Usually when I see buffet pics, all the food is smooshed on the plate and piled on top of eachother. But that actually looks good. I passed on CP this time because staying at the Poly, we just had such great options right there and didn't need to worry about getting to a park ontime with all the broken down monorails I have been hearing about. But next time for sure :)

Would love a Dismeet, but maybe not for our first time there. I think I'm going to have all I can handle with just getting my family around the parks :eek:

And you should have a career in food pictures. Seriously yummy looking breakfast pics! Usually when I see buffet pics, all the food is smooshed on the plate and piled on top of eachother. But that actually looks good. I passed on CP this time because staying at the Poly, we just had such great options right there and didn't need to worry about getting to a park ontime with all the broken down monorails I have been hearing about. But next time for sure :)

It's kind of funny because even though I consider myself a vet now after 4 trips in 4 years, it's still easy to get lost/caught up in the moment and forget about a meet.

Thanks about the pics! I only posted the good ones, you should see the bad ones! :rotfl: Ohana was a really good breakfast at the Poly. I would for sure recommending CP just once, though. Especially if you can get a before the park opens ADR and get some good empty park/Main Street pics.

Okay, okay I'm back on board! I think my head is finally clearing from the "haze" of a flu, sinus infection, double ear infection and post-Disney depression:sick::sick::sick:

We did CP breakfast once before Park opening...it's definitely a neat experience to get in the Park before the masses are let in.
I don't especially remember the food as being good or bad, but definitely the first seating for breakfast is best because the food is all fresh and hot!:thumbsup2

You are gonna be so spoiled now after that 2BR villa. I think you should seriously consider buying DVC.....MuahHaHa *evil laugh* :stir:

I am seriously considering buying it! That's what I'm going to do with my inheritance from my gma. Hopefully not for awhile, though!!!! I love my grandma like my mom :cutie:. Trust me, I would buy that, APs and TiW if I could!! That reminds me, do you guys have TiW?

I am seriously considering buying it! That's what I'm going to do with my inheritance from my gma. Hopefully not for awhile, though!!!! I love my grandma like my mom :cutie:. Trust me, I would buy that, APs and TiW if I could!! That reminds me, do you guys have TiW?

No APs. No TiW.
Considering Darren and I will have 3 trips within 1 year, perhaps we should have done APs? But yet, the YES tickets were such an awesome deal.
Our trip in fall 2012 will hopefully be in late August or late September - so hoping for another YES class.

What kind of tix and how many days you getting for Feb?

No APs. No TiW.
Considering Darren and I will have 3 trips within 1 year, perhaps we should have done APs? But yet, the YES tickets were such an awesome deal.
Our trip in fall 2012 will hopefully be in late August or late September - so hoping for another YES class.

What kind of tix and how many days you getting for Feb?

This is the second time that we made a long trip and said we weren't going for awhile and then went a second time within 5 months :rotfl: We totally should have gotten an AP!! But those YES tickets were an awesome deal.

We are going to do 6 day hoppers from UT. We want to do AK for the Safari, bird show and ride EE a few times. I'm thinking that's only a few hours though and then we are done with that park which is why we need the hoppers. We will have Saturday-Friday since we are going to do the 4:00 flight home. After I get my bonus check deposited then I'm going to buy our plane tickets either this weekend or Monday.

I can't believe it, but I didn't take many pictures for the afternoon/evening!

When we left MK we went back to AKV for a swim. It was perfect because the elevator that would take us right down to the pool area was just a couple rooms down from our room. Our room was on floor 5 and the pool was on floor 3. The girls all changed fast and I ran to the Super Target to get some grocery stuff. I got bread, pb&j, fiber bars, applesauce, Diet Pepsi, bananas, coffee creamer and granola bars. It's funny how you can totally see lots of Disney stuff from the outside, but you can't see anything outside from within Disney. Totally amazing!! I haven't driven outside of Disney before, so it was weird to see all the stores, lol. While I was gone the girls and Brent swam the whole time. I got back to the room with all the stuff and waved them up from the balcony. After that we headed back to the MK, it was EMH night!

For dinner we ate at Peco's Bills around 7:00. It was pretty good, but I was surprised at how busy it still was. The lines were pretty long, but amazingly we were able to find a table big enough for all 5 of us right away. Brent and Alyssa got in one line and we got in another. Mariah and Ellie got kid's meals with burgers; Brent, Alyssa and I all got taco salads. The food was pretty good, I really liked the fixings bar. Mmmmm hot cheese :)

Total for 2 kid's cheeseburger meals, taco salad and a cup of water: $20.42

We did a lot of rides, thru out the day earlier we had collected fast passes. Mariah and I and then Mariah, Brent and Alyssa did SM. Mariah loved it! It was her first time since it had been closed in 2009. Brent and Alyssa not so much, they both said it was too rough. Ellie and I rode the People Mover. She declared it her favorite ride since it went thru SM haha.

Disney2011051.jpg

About 11:50pm the girls were starting to get wiped out. We tried to fill them with some sugar to see if we could get the last hour out of them, so we went to Main Street Bakery. I have never seen this place not busy and this was no exception. We got 2 pieces of chocolate cake, 2 ice cream cookie sandwiches and 1 cupcake. We got to the table all excited for our snack and Ellie promptly dropped her yet unbitten piece of chocolate cake on the floor :headache: Let's just say I was pretty crabby after that, $3.59 on the floor! I was nice and shared my ice cream cookie with her. After that since the girls were still tired and I was crabby about the cake we headed back to the bus area to head back to the resort for the night. We knew that the next day would be a busy one!

Total for chocolate cake, cookie sandwich, cupcake and bottle of water: $15.04.

Yikes! Thank goodness you're not moving very fast here with your TR! I still have to upload my pics to Photobucket. :eek:

For years and years, we would walk right past the Main Street Bakery - always in a hurry to get on the rides! Last year we tried it for breakfast for the first time, and now we're HOOKED! YUM YUM YUMMY treats!:goodvibes

Are the taco salads at Pecos Bills the same as Tortuga Tavern? I was so excited to try Tortuga Tavern this trip and we really liked it - problem is, it's not always open.....:confused3

And I'm with Ellie - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the PeopleMover!!!:love:

I'd be faster with it but I'm waiting for my Photopass CD :)
The taco salads at Pecos Bill's and Tortuga Tavern are the same. I like Pecos Bill's better since the toppings bar is better. Plus I liked the menu at Tortuga Tavern better before. Now they don't have tacos! Jerks!

Exciting news today! The PhotoPass CD is on it's way to me which means I can really get this TR moving. Also, only 67 more days until our February trip :goodvibes

Yay for 67 more days!!!!! Down to 66 now :) I finally made countdown calendar for my little guy. He is so excited and he doesn't even know what Disney is yet...except for what I have told him and shown him on the planning DVD they sent. Yay! :woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana:

Yay for 67 more days!!!!! Down to 66 now :) I finally made countdown calendar for my little guy. He is so excited and he doesn't even know what Disney is yet...except for what I have told him and shown him on the planning DVD they sent. Yay! :woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana:

It's so much fun on their first trip! Get him a 1st visit button when you get there, the CMs always pick up on that and are always super nice. Sometimes they even give little tips :goodvibes

It's so much fun on their first trip! Get him a 1st visit button when you get there, the CMs always pick up on that and are always super nice. Sometimes they even give little tips :goodvibes

I will. I am going to make hubby wear one too since its his first visit also. He is not looking forward to the trip, but he is gonna like it if it kills me :) He just isn't a crowd or a ride person, so its gonna be tough. I'm just hoping once we get there and the magic hits him he will be alright. I mean seriously, the Poly....low crowd season....laid back touring approach...I think we will be fine. And if not, he can stay in the room all week pirate:

I love the attempt at sugar to keep them going! LOL! :goodvibes

Sounds like a pretty good day though! Sorry the AKV buses were so bad. That stinks. We always rent a car, just a personal preference. While we may not get anywhere faster, at least we feel in control and aren't waiting. We do RD most of the time, so we usually get good parking too and can avoid the tram. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear how the rest goes!

I love the attempt at sugar to keep them going! LOL! :goodvibes

It was a good thought that failed, lol. Next time they go they will most likely be 15 :scared1: 14 :scared1: and 10 :scared1: So I'm thinking they will have more lasting power for those late EMHs.

Sounds like a pretty good day though! Sorry the AKV buses were so bad. That stinks. We always rent a car, just a personal preference. While we may not get anywhere faster, at least we feel in control and aren't waiting. We do RD most of the time, so we usually get good parking too and can avoid the tram. :thumbsup2

We decided that driving is definitely for us! We took the car the first day to AK and the parking guy yelled at me!!! There was a cone right in the way and he wanted me to just run it over :confused: I had a rental and no way was I going to run it over! I told him there was a cone and he just yelled at me to get moving. I told him again there was a cone right there and he yelled at me again to move. I said THERE IS A CONE RIGHT THERE AND THIS IS A RENTAL AND I AM NOT RUNNING IT OVER. MOVE IT!!! And all exasperated he moved it while doing an eye roll. That turned Brent off for driving for a few days. Then after we drove to the other parks we were hooked on driving.

Can't wait to hear how the rest goes!

I'm updating the photopass pictures right now. I'm thinking an update tomorrow since we are watching the Badger game tonight :cheer2: Let's go Bucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter