You know that little Island at the bottom of Australia??? Jason and Laurens DFTW PJ

Im sorry that no one is responding. I'm not sure about the answer to your questions though. I'm also sorry to hear your partner being away. Hopefully it won't be for that long. :goodvibes

Ouch, my DF is working a couple of hours away at the moment, so I only get to see him on weekends, that's hard enough. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in your shoes!

So where's he working?

As to the room block, I'm currently booked under our wedding discount, however I am expecting to get cheaper prices as the time gets closer. I've made my guests aware of this, but they still have the option of booking through the wedding discount, so they know it's done. This way we'll also get the complimentary night.

DF will be working in Karratha in the mines we found out its 4 weeks on 1 week off! so I will see him every 4 weeks!:headache:

Hey what a coincidence, my DF is helping to set up a new mine in Muswellbrook, but that's only 3 hours from here so still not comparable.

But on the brighter side, those jobs pay a fortune!

Yeah its defiantly going to help our Disney wedding fund lol:rotfl2: not that we couldn't afford it before but maybe now I can have characters and the coach!!!

OK so I think I have found some shoes now i just need to find them in my size and somewhere that's ships to Australia for a decent Price.
They are callled Gabriella Rocha Neve:
Teal/Bluey Green Green is my favorite colour so im contemplating green shoes.
shoes1teal.jpg

White
shoeswhite.jpg

I think I have changed my mind on my bridesmaid dresses to
They are by Raylia designs
aaaaRAY_2117L-2.jpg

The colour I like is called sunset its a prett orange colour.
I also am thinking about my welcome bags. Obviously I have to get them from Australia to Florida so they cant have too much in them or it has to be really small items.
I have found the sample site on the internet but its 70 postage to Aus so its really not worth it to buy things from there.
So now i have to scour the shops for sample sized or travel sized items i have founds some but they want a stupid amount for the little container so who know what i will do.
On the up size i think i might either make the tote bags myself or purchase them from Vista print they have some cute designs on there site.

That BM dress is really pretty, plus it would suit everyone!

I'm in the same boat with the welcome bags. I want to do them but we're already going to have too much luggage. I'm considering just getting some stuff while we're over there, because we'll be there a week before the wedding.

Making the tote bags is a good idea. I might look into that too... :rolleyes: The other thing you can do is google green bags, or recycleable shopping bags etc. and it's possible to buy quite a few of them for cheap. Then you can get some iron on transfers to make them nice.

I stumbled on some shirts at Big W the other day, and they say "Australian Drinking Team" in green and gold. DF and I are thinking about buying one each for all of the blokes who are going to do the "Drinking Around The World" at Epcot. :laughing: That's another thing we'd have to get over there though... :confused:

I'm not sure if this is possible or not but DF and I were thinking that when we go for our planning session that we were going to pick some of the stuff up there for the welcome bags. I was thinking if maybe they'd be willing to hold them there for you? Or if you could have them shipped there the week before the wedding so it's not extra things you're carrying. Not sure how much shipping might be from Australia. :goodvibes:goodvibes Also the bridesmaid dresses are really pretty. :)

That BM dress is really pretty, plus it would suit everyone!

I'm in the same boat with the welcome bags. I want to do them but we're already going to have too much luggage. I'm considering just getting some stuff while we're over there, because we'll be there a week before the wedding.

Making the tote bags is a good idea. I might look into that too... :rolleyes: The other thing you can do is google green bags, or recycleable shopping bags etc. and it's possible to buy quite a few of them for cheap. Then you can get some iron on transfers to make them nice.

I stumbled on some shirts at Big W the other day, and they say "Australian Drinking Team" in green and gold. DF and I are thinking about buying one each for all of the blokes who are going to do the "Drinking Around The World" at Epcot. :laughing: That's another thing we'd have to get over there though... :confused:

I saw those tops here at Big W too and had a laugh because we thought the exact same thing although there will only be 2 men at the wedding so maybe all us women will have to get them as well and show the blokes how its done....lol:rotfl2:.

On the plus size DF said if he likes the job in WA he said we might be able to squeeze in a week long trip to the USA....maybe a planning session trip!! Im excited but cant get my hopes up!!

I have also decided I am going to give bubbles and petal out for the exit that way we will get a nice combo of both!!

I think I am going to order my Dress from perfect bridal tonight and maybe 2 bridesmaids dresses even though we are not sure if both of them are going to make it I can always keep the other one and have it taken in to fit me!!

I have also decided to make a button bouquet for my flowers as I want to be different and Bring them home.
Damn Australia and there Quarantine laws lol :rotfl2:
I would only have the photos of my flower wouldn't be able to keep them so this way I can have my flowers framed and keep them that way!!
You never know though I absolutely love Gerbera Daisy's so I may end up with those yet!! and my buttons....

Here are a couple of ideas for you that you can make in advance for a "welcome bag" that wouldn't take up much space in your luggage...

1. You can make a water bottle tag (instead of wrapper) in advance and buy a case of water bottles when you get there or you can buy them online at Costco and have them mailed to your hotel. Then place the water bottle tag over the water bottles and that could be item one for your welcome bag.

2. You can make candy bar wrappers in advance and then buy candy bars and double sided tape at Walmart when you get to the states, attach the wrappers to the candy bar and that is thing two for your welcome bag.

3. Make a welcome letter to insert in the welcome bag.

4. Make a door hanger and insert it in the welcome bag.

5. Make a gift tag for the bag.

Since all of these are just paper...they wouldn't take up much space in your luggage and it is really all you would need. All you would have to do (other than get the water, candy bars and double sided tape...look in the office supply section at Walmart and buy the scotch brand with a yellow cover) is assemble the candy bars and welcome bags and that should take 30 minutes.

You can find some examples on this thread in post #12 to give you an idea of what a water bottle tag and candy bar wrapper look like:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2469109

Here is an example of a door hanger that I made:
DoorHangerExample.jpg

Hi Lauren :goodvibes

I just started reading you PJ and I'm so excited for you. My colour scheme is orange too (well orange lime and turquoise!) and not only that but i am also having a go at the button bouquet. I've decided to add some sparkly brooches into mine as when I started putting it together I got worried that it looked a little childish. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours.

Your gown is gorgeous and I love the choice of bridesmaid dress, can't wait to hear more of your plans. I'm getting married on 5th October next year so we are very close together.

Here are a couple of ideas for you that you can make in advance for a "welcome bag" that wouldn't take up much space in your luggage...

1. You can make a water bottle tag (instead of wrapper) in advance and buy a case of water bottles when you get there or you can buy them online at Costco and have them mailed to your hotel. Then place the water bottle tag over the water bottles and that could be item one for your welcome bag.

2. You can make candy bar wrappers in advance and then buy candy bars and double sided tape at Walmart when you get to the states, attach the wrappers to the candy bar and that is thing two for your welcome bag.

3. Make a welcome letter to insert in the welcome bag.

4. Make a door hanger and insert it in the welcome bag.

5. Make a gift tag for the bag.

Since all of these are just paper...they wouldn't take up much space in your luggage and it is really all you would need. All you would have to do (other than get the water, candy bars and double sided tape...look in the office supply section at Walmart and buy the scotch brand with a yellow cover) is assemble the candy bars and welcome bags and that should take 30 minutes.

You can find some examples on this thread in post #12 to give you an idea of what a water bottle tag and candy bar wrapper look like:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2469109

Here is an example of a door hanger that I made:
DoorHangerExample.jpg

Thanks Dolly I think i might have to do this I was trying to just find a few little toiletry items to go with the welcome packs I just got a bag from Vista Print today but I am not very happy with it so I am trying to find some cheap calico tote bags that i can put some iron on transfers on...
If anyone knows anywhere that I can buy the minimum from and they are not 10 dollars each that would be great!!

Hi Lauren :goodvibes

I just started reading you PJ and I'm so excited for you. My colour scheme is orange too (well orange lime and turquoise!) and not only that but i am also having a go at the button bouquet. I've decided to add some sparkly brooches into mine as when I started putting it together I got worried that it looked a little childish. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours.

Your gown is gorgeous and I love the choice of bridesmaid dress, can't wait to hear more of your plans. I'm getting married on 5th October next year so we are very close together.

How long are you staying at disney world for Brer Rabbit??
I arrive on the 22nd of october.
I will pop over and read your trip report now I havent been doing any reading lately.

Ok so I have a question about Room blocks....
If i do a room block do I have to book rooms though that discount rate or can I book it though the AP rate and still get it connected to my room block???
Any help would be appreciated because I am so confused with this....
and If my guests book though a package to get free dining can they connect there confirmation number to my Room block..:confused3
AHH this is doing my head in i am so Confused.

How long are you staying at disney world for Brer Rabbit??
I arrive on the 22nd of october.
I will pop over and read your trip report now I havent been doing any reading lately.
[/QUOTE]

We go home on the 21st October. What a shame as I could have stalked your wedding!!

Sorry I can't help with the room block question but hopefully someone will come along with some advise.

Yes they can all be linked in, you just need to email the confirmation numbers to your planner.

Thanks Bec can they only reserve rooms at the places you chose for them to be counted in your room block or can it be anywhere and i email the confirmation numbers though??

Hi there!! Just joining in, everything looks great so far! Your gown is gorgeous and I LOVE the BM dresses too! Keep the good stuff coming! popcorn::

Princess sarah what date is your wedding??
I will still be at WDW when you get married I think!!

Our date is November 13, 2011. We will be at the Wedding Pavillion and then the Grand Floridian (at the Whitehall Room and Patio, if our guest list is small enough) if not we will be in the ballroom. Im praying that some convention doesnt swoop in and steal our date and place. I reeeeaaaallly need to start a PJ!

Hi just joining in popcorn::

everything looks fantastic so far and I LOVE your bm dresses! Can't wait to read more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter