You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

Great castle pictures! You do what I do - try to shot above all the heads and get the tops of the buildings.

I so wish Claire had gotten the sword to pull out. That would have been awesome! :goodvibes

I try to...but some people are too dang tall. :p
I wish Claire would be able to as well. She really wants to have that satisfaction of getting it out.

Just wanted to mention that the shops at Wizarding World are so small because JK Rowling had final say on everything. She wanted the shops to be authentic.

Just wanted to mention that the shops at Wizarding World are so small because JK Rowling had final say on everything. She wanted the shops to be authentic.

I did read that somewhere.....but i guess realistically for as many people who go in...it's not practical. i do know she had a lot of say in everything though.

Onward towards pirates….I was on a mission.

adventurelandsign.jpg

pirateflags.jpg

tortugatavern.jpg

Wait time says 35 minutes…..YUCK! It’s never that long…the queue was wrapped around outside…you know that outside area you usually walk right through…we had to wait and zigzag through all of that.

waitime35min.jpg

piratessignflag.jpg

It became clear that the wait was going to be longer very soon, but we did keep moving.
When we got close to the inside entrance we were standing against the building and there were doors there. The 2 boys behind me wondered where they went. We guessed that maybe it was a CM entrance, or went into some back room…..they thought they would be funny and knocked on the doors…and to our surprise we got a knock back. We all laughed about it. It totally shocked us.

Once we got in and queued around inside the building we came across those same doors. They just entered into the queue area….so of course I encouraged them to knock again and scare some people on the outside.

I took a few pictures while in line….but I didn’t have the good lens for dark pictures with me, so they are just blah pictures.

pirates1.jpg

pirates2.jpg

pirates3.jpg

pirates4.jpg

pirates5.jpg

pirates6.jpg

pirates7.jpg

I think it took about 45 minutes before we actually got to board our boat

pirates8.jpg

blackbeard.jpg

PRIDE1.jpg

pride2.jpg

pride3.jpg

At one point in the ride there is a drunk pirate leaning off to the side with a bottle of rum and says “here kitty kitty kitty.” We just love that. Skips brother is a big rum drinker (way to much actually) and he has this fascination with cats. I kid you not when I say we have 70- 100 barn cats running around the place. Dave has a couple of favorites…usually the most disgusting ones…and he just loves them up and I swear he would sleep with them if his wife let him. So we wanted to get a picture of that guy, but I couldn’t. It was too dark and I couldn’t get a focus on it. But we laughed so hard…and Skip said it probably needed the audio anyways to make it better.

pride4.jpg

pride5.jpg

pride6.jpg

I just love this ride. It’s my all-time favorite. I feel like a little kid with big eyes going through it. I get that special Disney feeling when I ride it. I think it just always brings back my first trip to WDW when I was about 4 and it’s one of the few rides I remember riding.

We headed out through the gift shop looking at a few things as we went and saw Pirate Goofy signing, but Claire had no interest to wait in his line.

pirategoofy.jpg

Now stop it....... you're making me want to be on Pirates right now! pirate:

But man....... 45 minutes........ did the park feel THAT busy? Remind me again what date and day of the week you were there.

Now stop it....... you're making me want to be on Pirates right now! pirate:

But man....... 45 minutes........ did the park feel THAT busy? Remind me again what date and day of the week you were there.

March 29th...right in the prime of spring break :idea: But we did have a fun day...and a long day

March 29th...right in the prime of spring break :idea: But we did have a fun day...and a long day

Well, I'd have gone too, in spite of spring break. (I just wanted to put the crowd In the grand scheme of things, a surprise Day at Disney is grand no matter how you slice it! :dance3: I still think it's pretty cool that after all you went through getting a vacation worked out....... you still ended up at Disney! :goodvibes

Well, I'd have gone too, in spite of spring break. (I just wanted to put the crowd In the grand scheme of things, a surprise Day at Disney is grand no matter how you slice it! :dance3: I still think it's pretty cool that after all you went through getting a vacation worked out....... you still ended up at Disney! :goodvibes

I know..Skip was determined not too... then wondered why we weren't going...then it turnd into a full day...with lots of side trips there too.

Great pix of one of my favorite rides !!! First time we ever rode it I didn't tell Judy and kids about the "little" drop and I caught holy heck for that ommission !!:rotfl2:

45 minutes to ride POTC??????? Did I say before that you are ONE brave lady? :rotfl2:
While I really LOVE the ride, I really do not want to queue up for it for too long (which is 10 minutes :lmao:) - and I usually get in the left line! It seems to be a tad shorter. :goodvibes

Oh, and btw - I love the story about your rum and cat loving brother in law.

For not having a good lens... you really got amazing pictures of POTC! I too love that ride. One of my favorites!!!

Pirates is my favorite too, and my favorite scenes are;

the hairy legged pirate ( too hairy if you ask me!:lmao:)

the woman chasing the man in circles with her broom,( I have felt like doing that once or twice:rolleyes1)

Jack Sparrow in the barrel popping up( the resemblance to Johnny Depp is amazing)

The jail scene, with the men trying to get the dog to come closer. (Kadence didn't notice the keys the first time we rode and asked if they were going to eat the dog!:rotfl2:)

Any day at Disney is got to be better than a day at home!:cloud9:

OMG 45 min to ride POTC :scared1: I have never seen anything like that, in fact I don't think I have ever seen it say anything other than 10min and that usually means just walking through

We always try to get the sword out too. River was very interested in the pictures of Claire trying to get it out. I guess he was trying to see if she knew another way to get it out:laughing: It seems like whenever we get home I read about someone who just pulled it out right before we got there or just after we left.

I wish my Pirates pictures came out half as good as yours. I had no luck with inside pictures this time. I think I probably took 50 pics on Pirates and didn't get hardly anything I could use. I love Pirates too I even went on it a couple times by myself this time while my mom and River went to Tom Sawyer's Island.

OMG! I've never had a 45 minute wait for Pirates of the Caribbean. I think the longest wait time I've ever seen posted was 20 minutes and it only took us about 15 minutes to board.

Your pictures turned out great! Mine are always pitiful excuses. :laughing:

Great pix of one of my favorite rides !!! First time we ever rode it I didn't tell Judy and kids about the "little" drop and I caught holy heck for that ommission !!:rotfl2:

I almost always forget about that drop too. It's always a bit bigger than I remember too. :rotfl:

45 minutes to ride POTC??????? Did I say before that you are ONE brave lady? :rotfl2:
While I really LOVE the ride, I really do not want to queue up for it for too long (which is 10 minutes :lmao:) - and I usually get in the left line! It seems to be a tad shorter. :goodvibes

Oh, and btw - I love the story about your rum and cat loving brother in law.

Yep...I told you that you wouldn't want to know how long we waited. :lmao: It was like that for all the rides though, so if we wanted to ride something...we had to suffer the lines...and since we only had 1 day, we just went with the flow.
BIL is out drinking rum right now at the barn. Sunday nights several guys come over for beer (or rum) and sit out and talk tractor pulling or whatever other boring stuff they can think of. Someone brought a bunch of chicken from a party out for them to eat, and when I was last out there , there was about 50 cats growling at each other competing for scraps.:sad2:

Great POTC pics .. that's a hard place to get good pics ! :thumbsup2

thanks...it is hard. My one lens does a better job...but this one actually did a semi decent one.

For not having a good lens... you really got amazing pictures of POTC! I too love that ride. One of my favorites!!!

thanks. I just want perfect pictures...and it's so hard to do.

Pirates is my favorite too, and my favorite scenes are;

the hairy legged pirate ( too hairy if you ask me!:lmao:)

the woman chasing the man in circles with her broom,( I have felt like doing that once or twice:rolleyes1)

Jack Sparrow in the barrel popping up( the resemblance to Johnny Depp is amazing)

The jail scene, with the men trying to get the dog to come closer. (Kadence didn't notice the keys the first time we rode and asked if they were going to eat the dog!:rotfl2:)

Any day at Disney is got to be better than a day at home!:cloud9:

I love all those scenes too. Too funny about Kadence. I don't think dog would be too good...but I guess if you are starving...it would do. :laughing:

I loved in the 1st movie how they replayed that scene.
Claire swears that Captain Jack is real....and he does look real.

OMG 45 min to ride POTC :scared1: I have never seen anything like that, in fact I don't think I have ever seen it say anything other than 10min and that usually means just walking through

Years ago when I took Michael and Paige we had some waits like that...but haven't since and I kind of thought they no longer existed for the most part...i was wrong!

We always try to get the sword out too. River was very interested in the pictures of Claire trying to get it out. I guess he was trying to see if she knew another way to get it out:laughing: It seems like whenever we get home I read about someone who just pulled it out right before we got there or just after we left.

I wish my Pirates pictures came out half as good as yours. I had no luck with inside pictures this time. I think I probably took 50 pics on Pirates and didn't get hardly anything I could use. I love Pirates too I even went on it a couple times by myself this time while my mom and River went to Tom Sawyer's Island.

If he knows any moves to get that sword out...she would love to know as well. :laughing: I swear a lot of my dis friends have pulled it out...but we never are lucky.
I took many more...but most were just too bad to post. And I just wanted to enjoy it so I wasn't taking great care at them either.

OMG! I've never had a 45 minute wait for Pirates of the Caribbean. I think the longest wait time I've ever seen posted was 20 minutes and it only took us about 15 minutes to board.

Your pictures turned out great! Mine are always pitiful excuses. :laughing:

I hope I don't have to wait that long again. I have been in line that long before...but it's been over 15 years. You know it's crowed when you wait 45 minutes for pirates. :rolleyes1

I think your pictures on POTC turned out really well. I looked at them before I left for work. I managed to get a few decent ones this trip, but I still couldn't get the wenches. Darn wenches! I got one of the kitty but I think it was probably not too great. Have to go back and look. Love the "here kitty, kitty" story. If I ever started drinking heavily that could be me, but I only have 3 cats, not a barn full! :rotfl:

I think your pictures on POTC turned out really well. I looked at them before I left for work. I managed to get a few decent ones this trip, but I still couldn't get the wenches. Darn wenches! I got one of the kitty but I think it was probably not too great. Have to go back and look. Love the "here kitty, kitty" story. If I ever started drinking heavily that could be me, but I only have 3 cats, not a barn full! :rotfl:

Ohh. if you have it...I might print it out for him on paper...just to show him. We told him about it and he smiled. LOL

I like your pictures from Pirates. The one of the treasure room at the end is awesome!

Great story about your BIL- Rum. Cats. What's not to love???

45 minutes! Pirates is usually the ride you can go on while waiting for something else (FP for Big Thunder or Jungle Cruise) to come due. But I can sympathize. We had a 30 minute wait during a rainstorm during the class trip since the outdoor rides were down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter