You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

I just wandered around taking pictures, I’d never been there so early

I found some empty hammocks and made myself comfortable

Eventually I got up and left because some girls started complaining to their mom and disturbed my peace and quiet. I had brought my mask and snorkel but had no fins, so I went and checked and it was $14 for only a fin rental. I think not! Over to check out the snorkel lagoon without flippers and while I was standing in the water getting my mask on I hear somebody on a loudspeaker saying ‘No snorkeling without a life vest, no snorkeling without a life vest’. I looked around and since I was the only one in the area without a life vest I figured they were talking to me. So I gave up. There were no life vests around and I didn’t feel like going to ask the rental guys if I could use a life vest. I probably should have but the loud speaker person really annoyed me for some reason.

I got all my stuff and took and wander over to the other beach and ran into Jenny and Josh and some other friends Jen and Carol and their kids. They had not done the 5K but actually slept in a little bit. I was glad to hear that! We settled into some loungers and eventually ordered some Konk Koolers. YUM-MO!

I don’t know if the CM was new or what but he didn’t know what kind of souvenir cups they had on the island. Jenny and Josh ended up with a sports bottle type of thing that they really didn’t want but I think they gave them to the girls when they got home.

We all went in the water for a bit and it was COLD! I would not be trying the slides this trip. We went on a little walk at some point and then everybody went on a bike ride. I think I journaled for a bit while they were gone.

Some more pictures, sorry if this is too many.

When it was time for lunch I went over to Serenity Bay. I did check out the family beach offerings and a lot are similar, but I had a sandwich on my mind! I went to wait for the tram which didn’t take too long. The first tram was heading back to the ship, I wasn't quite ready for that yet.

My eyes were way bigger than my stomach but I enjoyed every morsel!

Picnic table area at Serenity Bay

Some pictures of the food offerings

And then I headed back to the family beach

I took some cookies with me that didn’t get eaten until a few days later at Vero Beach

When I got back I think I just sat with my feet in the water and enjoyed chatting with everybody. The kids were brave and in the very cold water. At some point the two younger tablemates came by and I think they stuck with us for at least an hour or two. We couldn’t help but wonder where the mom was but we found out later. It was a fabulous relaxing day and could only have been better if the water had been warmer. I really wanted to do some swimming so headed back to the ship a little earlier than everybody else so that I could swim in the adult pool before the masses got back to the ship.

Cute Olaf was in front of the post office

The ships are so impressive when you’re standing next to them.

Never too many pictures Pam! I wish my cruise would be stopping at Castaway Cay, but at least the next one will!

It looks so relaxing and fun. I wonder what Fran and I will do there. She's not much for laying around in the sun or shade, more of a doer. I was thinking a cabana on Serenity Bay might be fun.

Good call on going back to the ship to hit the pool before the masses! :thumbsup2

Nice pics Pam. We got yelled at for snorkeling vests too very annoying.

Loving all the pics! CC looks so tempting.

Wonder what that mom was up to? Shame about the limpets; but at least the two girls were sensible enough to stick with someone they knew rather than a total stranger.

I guess you've been told now. No snorkelling without a vest. :rotfl:

I so enjoyed the photos from Castaway Cay. We have not been since 2010, but hopefully we will put this right next year. What a shame you never got to snorkel.

Corinna

What a beautiful day on CC! You summed it up nicely it does feel so safe :-) I love to look at folks doing those slides but wonder what madness... The water is very cold! Nice that you meet up with Jenny and Josh. The little tram is a life saver in the heat!

No ice cream! Shame on you lol..

What a great day that must have been :-)

Never too many pictures Pam! I wish my cruise would be stopping at Castaway Cay, but at least the next one will!

It looks so relaxing and fun. I wonder what Fran and I will do there. She's not much for laying around in the sun or shade, more of a doer. I was thinking a cabana on Serenity Bay might be fun.

Good call on going back to the ship to hit the pool before the masses! :thumbsup2

Have you looked at the excursions? And they have the massages at the beach.

Those cabanas look very nice. If they had their own bathrooms I'd get one every time.

That's what I think about pictures too! :)

Loving all the pics! CC looks so tempting.

Wonder what that mom was up to? Shame about the limpets; but at least the two girls were sensible enough to stick with someone they knew rather than a total stranger.

I guess you've been told now. No snorkelling without a vest. :rotfl:

It's such a fabulous place :)

You'll hear what the mom was up to later, we learned at dinner.

No snorkeling without a life vest indeed! I think they would have hounded me relentlessly if I had actually gone snorkeling.

I so enjoyed the photos from Castaway Cay. We have not been since 2010, but hopefully we will put this right next year. What a shame you never got to snorkel.

Corinna

Considering all the cruises you've been on that is very surprising its been so long. Hopefully next year you get back :)

Next time maybe I'll finally find the Mickey statue in the water.

Considering all the cruises you've been on that is very surprising its been so long. Hopefully next year you get back :)

Next time maybe I'll finally find the Mickey statue in the water.

Since 2010, we have pretty much stuck to the Wonder and West Coast cruises. We did two cruises on the Magic since then, but neither included Castaway Cay.

Corinna

What a beautiful day on CC! You summed it up nicely it does feel so safe :-) I love to look at folks doing those slides but wonder what madness... The water is very cold! Nice that you meet up with Jenny and Josh. The little tram is a life saver in the heat!

No ice cream! Shame on you lol..

What a great day that must have been :-)

One of these days I WILL ride those slides! :)

You are so right, I should have had icecream popcorn::

Pam-ella!!!! Thank you for clueing me into to your update. :thumbsup2 I am not receiving notifications when my subscribed threads are updated. :headache:

Your pics are fabulous and I wish we were back there right now!

I agree the water was chilly but the kids didn't seem to mind. It was such a gorgeous day and so not crowded. :cloud9: The Tweens did end up with us for a good two hours. Remember I saw Drunky McDrunkster and her BF at the bar? She was hammered again and he was getting them more drinks.

The picnic area on the family side was jam packed! Next time I hope I make it over to Serenity Bay.

::yes:: WE did regift our sports bottles to the girls. :rotfl2: They were happy. We all use them though. ;)

Those Konk Koolers are about the best thing ever! :lovestruc

Pam-ella!!!! Thank you for clueing me into to your update. :thumbsup2 I am not receiving notifications when my subscribed threads are updated. :headache:

I figured something like that must have happened, something is up with this usually wonderful site....

Your pics are fabulous and I wish we were back there right now!

Thank you! I'm ready to go back ::yes:: Love that place!

I agree the water was chilly but the kids didn't seem to mind. It was such a gorgeous day and so not crowded. :cloud9:

It was gorgeous wasn't it. I'm glad the kids were able to enjoy the water.

The Tweens did end up with us for a good two hours. Remember I saw Drunky McDrunkster and her BF at the bar? She was hammered again and he was getting them more drinks.

:rotfl:

those poor tweens. :(

The picnic area on the family side was jam packed! Next time I hope I make it over to Serenity Bay.

Oh you MUST! It's super relaxing and fabulous. And I feel that the food options are more varied.

::yes:: WE did regift our sports bottles to the girls. :rotfl2: They were happy. We all use them though. ;)

That CM did NOT know the offerings. How can that happen, they go there at least once a week.

Those Konk Koolers are about the best thing ever! :lovestruc

BEST EVER!!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

Jenny! How did I miss that you did this?? :confused3 I'm off to read your chapters, I just booked the same cruise for March (dh's 50th, Bella's 15th)

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

At some point the two younger tablemates came by and I think they stuck with us for at least an hour or two. We couldn’t help but wonder where the mom was but we found out later.

Will we ever learn the end of the story? Thanks for a great trip report, to both of you.

Has anyone used Hertz from POM? Wondering about your experience.

Also, did anyone use s private car service to get from Lauderdale down to the port? Looking for suggestions and cost. Thanks!

I figured something like that must have happened, something is up with this usually wonderful site....

Thank you! I'm ready to go back ::yes:: Love that place!

It was gorgeous wasn't it. I'm glad the kids were able to enjoy the water.

:rotfl:

those poor tweens. :(

Oh you MUST! It's super relaxing and fabulous. And I feel that the food options are more varied.

That CM did NOT know the offerings. How can that happen, they go there at least once a week.

BEST EVER!!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

We need to get together and finish this bad boy. :goodvibes Totally my bad for taking this long. :blush:

Jenny! How did I miss that you did this?? :confused3 I'm off to read your chapters, I just booked the same cruise for March (dh's 50th, Bella's 15th)

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Yay for you guys! pixiedust: It was a fabulous cruise! So glad you're here and I promise I'll get this finished up.​

Will we ever learn the end of the story? Thanks for a great trip report, to both of you.

::yes::

Has anyone used Hertz from POM? Wondering about your experience.

Also, did anyone use s private car service to get from Lauderdale down to the port? Looking for suggestions and cost. Thanks!

I didn't use a car service but hopefully someone will weigh in for you. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter