You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

wow! I finally made your trip report. dh has been in a couple of Pam's pics (no, not the guy at the pool) but this is my first. probably a good thing you can't see my face too well 'cause I probably had a puss. :( I thought the food at Triton's was terrible, there was nothing on the menu I wanted so I asked for a salad and they "found" one from another restaurant, it was brown and there was no way that salad was made that day. the only hint of bad service for the whole cruise. our table was adjacent to yours on the Animators night, and we saw some drama with the angry mother and some wrapped food on one of the nights, not sure if that is still to come.

I laughed out loud that you made sure to say DH wasn't the guy at the pool :rotfl:

Yes, that dinner is to come, too funny!

I'm shocked with the 'found' salad, I'm sorry that happened :(

Thanks for your update too Pam :-) oh isn't that mural glorious! Thanks for showing us that. I was blown away by that! Shame the food was a bit off that night. Melting ice cream! I would have to even the score at eye scream! The room housekeepers give you wonderful creatures! I never had the teddy bear figure before too cute! I jus got that hideous monkey ( I hate monkeys ) and would freak every night lol. This year I'm going to say no monkey's already!

Oh exciting CC tomorrow. Highlight of my trip that island.

There should be a new towel animal every night, I wonder why so many monkeys for you? I've only ever gotten a monkey once each cruise, usually on Pirate Night.

That melting icecream was still just as delicious, but it wasn't pretty as it usually is.

Thanks for the update, Pam. I really enjoy the different viewpoints from the same day in this TR.

Shame about the lobster and the icecream.

Room arrest?!?! Yikes!! :sad2:

Dinner looks yummy! That baked brie is one of my favorites. I want to try and see if I can make something similar at home.

I thought you, Jenny, and Carol talked to her in the adult only area before I got there, and when she left we chatted a bit longer by the hot tub. Things are getting fuzzy. I didn't write anything about room arrest that night, but I haven't read the next day either.

:thumbsup2 ::yes:: Thank you! It was Jenn and Caroll and me. When I read Carol, I was like: who's Carol? Maybe I was on room arrest too? :rotfl2:

Thanks for the update..I'm enjoying your report! Can't believe someone actually ended up on room arrest! What a crazy experience you all had to witness!

I guess it wasn't all that shocking due to my line of work. Maybe I need a career change. ;)

Room arrest?!?! Yikes!! :sad2:

Dinner looks yummy! That baked brie is one of my favorites. I want to try and see if I can make something similar at home.

Dinner was delicious.​

The bag is at home in Manchester and I am currently in Budapest, Hungary, but here is the listing from the Disneystore for the tote:

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-tassel-bag-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1345539/1000291/

Corinna

OMG. That's the most gorgeous thing, aside from my infant children, that I have ever seen. :cloud9: Thank you for the link.

You're in Hungary? I'm Hungarian! Have fun! :goodvibes

That was very surprising to read about a room arrest.

All of the food from dinner looks very nice and the store looks very nice as well.

That was very surprising to read about a room arrest.

All of the food from dinner looks very nice and the store looks very nice as well.

I know Bret, isn't it shocking? Disney Cruises aren't cheap and to behave in a way that doesn't allow you to experience the full beauty and fun of the ship is mind boggling.

Dinner was wonderful. I love how they'll substitute and go above and beyond to make meals just perfect.​

OMG. That's the most gorgeous thing, aside from my infant children, that I have ever seen. :cloud9: Thank you for the link.

You're in Hungary? I'm Hungarian! Have fun! :goodvibes

I love the bag.

Yes, I am in Budapest at the moment and have fallen in love with this city. Unfortunately I need to fly back tomorrow evening. We are opening a sister office here net month so I was over here for work. I had not realised that you were Hungarian.

Corinna

Wow I got nothing! Cabin arrest!

I know! We weren't joking when we said it was nuts.​

I love the bag.

Yes, I am in Budapest at the moment and have fallen in love with this city. Unfortunately I need to fly back tomorrow evening. We are opening a sister office here net month so I was over here for work. I had not realised that you were Hungarian.

Corinna

How wonderful, safe travels. Yes, my mother is full Hungarian and my father is 3/4 Hungarian and 1/4 Italian.

I need that bag. It's gorgeous. :lovestruc

I just want to chime in that I'm still following along. I think its crazy for you to look at these folks and think "how sad, but just another day." I even ran it past another friend of mine who is a therapist and while he doesn't have a substance abuse specialty he agreed, same baggage different day.

I can't imagine. Me and Fran have enough baggage without anything like this!

I just want to chime in that I'm still following along. I think its crazy for you to look at these folks and think "how sad, but just another day." I even ran it past another friend of mine who is a therapist and while he doesn't have a substance abuse specialty he agreed, same baggage different day.

I can't imagine. Me and Fran have enough baggage without anything like this!

Glad you're still here. :goodvibes My specialty isn't substance abuse either but after working on an adult inpatient psych floor for 11 years, I think I've seen it all. Multiple times. ;) People are funny.

You and Fran have enough shopping baggage! :rotfl2:

We need to chat about December though I know you've got tons between now and then. Can't wait to hit the parks with you.​

Room arrest?!!!

I knew something was coming up, but I never expected it would get as bad as a room arrest.

A thing about the smoothies: On our August Fantasy cruise, my daughter would order the smoothie of the day. Our asst. server would say chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. Allison always chose to chocolate. To me, this was not a smoothie of the day. These were ice cream shakes. No mango, raspberry or any other flavor was ever offered to her. I'm wondering if our asst. server understood what a "smoothie" was as opposed to a "shake". I guess we should have inquired, but Allison was happy (who wouldn't be, ice cream at dinner every single night?) so we just let that go.

It is rather sad that your table mates ended up ruining their own cruise. But I have to say that I am glad to hear that Disney did act here. From a guest service point of view it is certainly a difficult decision to put a guest under room arrest as they might claim that Disney has no right to do so and make a huge big nasty fuss about it. But on the other hand Disney has to protect their employees and I guess even more importantly other guests from someone who has proven to be violent, even if the violence only accidentally hit someone outside their family.

Btw, I think the ships do have real "prisons". There were stories of CMs found out doing certain crimes and the reports were always that those were held until being given over to the authorities. I am also sure depending on the circumstances they might need to have a secure place to keep someone safely. A room arrest is really not that safe at all.

Hi all! Just wanted to check in. I have not abalones this report. DH moved all of our photos off the computer and onto some big weird box. I've been having difficulty accessing them. I have every intention of finishing and appreciate your patience.

Feel free to post Pam and I will fill in commentary. Sadly most of my memory is attached to this pics so posting lots without them isn't a great option. :goodvibes

I was sort of wondering what was up. Perhaps you can give a recap of where we're at (for those of us too lazy to go back a few pages and find the last update :rotfl2:)

Soon I'll be on the ship! :banana:

I hope either you or Pam will fill us with the outcome of the almost adults!!! ;)

Hope you find the pictures. :goodvibes

Hello everybody. Jenny said it was ok to post so I’ll share my pictures while she figures out how to get hers.

It was finally Castaway Cay day! I love this place with a passion. I think it’s gorgeous and love that it’s totally safe and you can just wander around at your leisure. I had planned to wake up early and get off as soon as possible but I hit the snooze and finally got off around 8:45. Jenny and Josh had been planning to do the 5k so I’d be meeting up with them whenever they got done. I skipped breakfast because I was saving room for the BBQ available on the island.

Who would I bump into on my way to the tram but three of our tablemates, the mom and two young girls. I was nice but really was not in the mood to be with them. I managed to get away and to the tram alone but they saw me and got into the same row as I was even though there were tons of other seats available…

I stopped at the family beach, I wanted to grab some photos and maybe do some snorkeling.

These slides were on my list for the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter