You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

Getting drunk with Jesus?

Oh me oh my, I think something good is coming!

Loving the TR....my sheets are in the wash right now too, I think we have a lot in common.

Enjoying your writing style on this TR. The dolphins joining in on the cruise is a nice added bonus.

I wasted many tries getting pics of the dolphins on my last cruise only to come home and find this one that I didn't realize I even took. I was actually trying to take pics of the turtles floating by.

1911844_804362962908698_2751295622888242475_n.jpg

We're on Day 2!!! :cool1: I love a sea day :cloud9:

It is so cool that you guys saw dolphins, I would have been mesmerized.

Sounds like you had a great day. The sea looks so nice and calm that morning.

Nice update.

I did sleep in and just made it to the DVC meeting in time. Thanks so much for saving me a seat! :) I was a lazy bum and took the elevator up two levels only to find myself on the wrong level and needed to go down one...

I always enjoy these meetings and this one was no exception. It's fun to be surrounded by like minded DVC members.

They asked if anyone had been to the VGF yet and I have and was the first person to raise my hand. They asked me to please share my thoughts and as a result gave me a super cool pop-up tent. I couldn't believe my luck.

After we separated ways I first dropped off the tent in the room and then went to BBB to catch some breakfast. I just managed to get in before they closed and had a very delicious array of treats. The French toast being the most delicious.

95ffbf86eb72d16500e96164848624ca.jpg

I remember you saying you had played ping pong but did you also play shuffleboard? But that could have been later because after the mixology we parted ways again.

After breakfast I went down to my room and caught up in the journal. I was behind on the first days events so needed to catch up.

Here's a picture of my door with the wonderful magnet you gave me. Thank you again for that :)

b347f6ed07adec568221f8c4f454caef.jpg

Enjoying your writing style on this TR. The dolphins joining in on the cruise is a nice added bonus. I wasted many tries getting pics of the dolphins on my last cruise only to come home and find this one that I didn't realize I even took. I was actually trying to take pics of the turtles floating by.

Wow!!! What beautiful picture!

Love the TR update! Seeing the dolphins for a few minutes must have so magical! :) when we were sailing out of PC on Fantasy, the dolphins (DD's favorite sea animal) were swimming alongside us.

Next year we will be on Wonder for the 2nd time but first time with a verandah stateroom. Really looking forward to gazing outside and having meals/snacks outside.

I can't wait to have breakfasts and lunches at BBB. I grew up with canned corned beef hash so whenever I see them there I have to have it!

We booked DVC on our last cruise so we are really looking forward to being on the cruise as DVC members! Really excited about seeing the DVC magnet on the cabin door! Also can't wait to also get some swag at the member presentation!

We love sea days purely for Palo brunch. If given a choice we would choose Palo brunch over Palo dinner anytime. Although Palo dinner's chocolate soufflé is pure heaven!!! Yummy! :)

I'm hoping that it works out well for you and your group for your December trip. I have never stayed at the Embassy Suites South but my mom have stayed there in the past and they did enjoy staying at the ES South even though it is a little away from the DLR. It has been a long time since I have stayed on-site and it will be nice to stay there one day. But with the rates today it will be awhile until I stay on-site.

:thanks: Bret! I have high hopes that staying on property will work out at least for part of the time. I have read that the ES South isn't walking distance but they have a shuttle that runs to the parks on the half hour and back to the hotel on the quarter hour. Did you mom use the shuttle at all? I like their cocktail hour and their complimentary breakfast is a full hot, made to order, breakfast. The rate isn't terrible and I've secured a reservation just in case. Now I can't forget to cancel the 6 reservations I have all over town. :rotfl2:

Have you thought about renting points to stay on property?​

Right now, I have my planned holiday trip to the DLR in mid November. Now I am having second thoughts of going in mid November with the Avenger's Marathon going on that weekend and I don't want to go when it is happening. I am still looking at all other options including December if I have too. The only problem with me in December is my basketball season is at it's highest and I can't find a week to get away. I have been going a lot in November since it won't affect my basketball season. It would be great to meet you in person one day and maybe it will.

I think that Avenger's Marathon will bring big crowds. Totally understand not wanting to interfere with basketball season. :thumbsup2 I like November too but Chloe likes to be there as close to her birthday as possible. Plus, if we go in December, it counts as part of Christmas gifts. ;)

Yes, post those pics here, they're beautiful! :)

Congrats to Chloe and her studio!!!

I totally understand about wanting to use your DVC. I hope you're able to book something soon :)

Yes, I'm a mess with the feelings about grandma, thank you my friend :hug:

I don't want to say too much and jinx myself but our dates are starting to open up and we can be a little more flexible with regard to the fellas :firefight schedule than I thought. Keep those fingers crossed!

I uploaded the photos, I'll post them. I have dinner photos too.

Text me your grandma's first and last name and I'll add her to our Friday night prayer at service. The prayer is the Mi Shebeirach. :hug:

Sorry I thought you were talking about the waitlist for purchasing VGC points. We went on the list in Jan 2013 and they came through in May 2013,

I guess I meant both lists. pixiedust: I'm so happy it came through. I'm going to call my guide today.​

Getting drunk with Jesus?

Oh me oh my, I think something good is coming!

Loving the TR....my sheets are in the wash right now too, I think we have a lot in common.

I think so too. We both sleep with sheets on the bed. :rotfl2: ;)

Jesus was a hoot!​

Enjoying your writing style on this TR. The dolphins joining in on the cruise is a nice added bonus.

I wasted many tries getting pics of the dolphins on my last cruise only to come home and find this one that I didn't realize I even took. I was actually trying to take pics of the turtles floating by.

1911844_804362962908698_2751295622888242475_n.jpg

Wow, that's a beautiful photo!​

We're on Day 2!!! :cool1: I love a sea day :cloud9:

It is so cool that you guys saw dolphins, I would have been mesmerized.

We were! Joshua was shocked. We hadn't really talked sea life before so this was a nice surprise.

Day 2!!!! :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a great day. The sea looks so nice and calm that morning.

Nice update.

It was a beautiful morning. It got a little choppy as the day and evening went on.​

I did sleep in and just made it to the DVC meeting in time. Thanks so much for saving me a seat! :) I was a lazy bum and took the elevator up two levels only to find myself on the wrong level and needed to go down one...

I always enjoy these meetings and this one was no exception. It's fun to be surrounded by like minded DVC members.

They asked if anyone had been to the VGF yet and I have and was the first person to raise my hand. They asked me to please share my thoughts and as a result gave me a super cool pop-up tent. I couldn't believe my luck.

After we separated ways I first dropped off the tent in the room and then went to BBB to catch some breakfast. I just managed to get in before they closed and had a very delicious array of treats. The French toast being the most delicious.

95ffbf86eb72d16500e96164848624ca.jpg

I remember you saying you had played ping pong but did you also play shuffleboard? But that could have been later because after the mixology we parted ways again.

After breakfast I went down to my room and caught up in the journal. I was behind on the first days events so needed to catch up.

Here's a picture of my door with the wonderful magnet you gave me. Thank you again for that :)

b347f6ed07adec568221f8c4f454caef.jpg

Your breakfast looks delicious!!!! I think I missed the breakfast boat this entire cruise. Maybe next time, I'll lay off the pizza to save room. :blush:

Yes, you scored that very cool tent! Joshua has his still set up in the loft.

You're welcome for the magnet. Its not fancy but figured if it lasted you could use it this week! You've got 5 days!!!!! :cool1: Your door looks awesome!

We played shuffleboard but not until later this day. Good memory!​

Love the TR update! Seeing the dolphins for a few minutes must have so magical! :) when we were sailing out of PC on Fantasy, the dolphins (DD's favorite sea animal) were swimming alongside us.

Next year we will be on Wonder for the 2nd time but first time with a verandah stateroom. Really looking forward to gazing outside and having meals/snacks outside.

I can't wait to have breakfasts and lunches at BBB. I grew up with canned corned beef hash so whenever I see them there I have to have it!

We booked DVC on our last cruise so we are really looking forward to being on the cruise as DVC members! Really excited about seeing the DVC magnet on the cabin door! Also can't wait to also get some swag at the member presentation!

We love sea days purely for Palo brunch. If given a choice we would choose Palo brunch over Palo dinner anytime. Although Palo dinner's chocolate soufflé is pure heaven!!! Yummy! :)

You are going to love the verandah! I think it added to our enjoyment of the cruise for sure.

:welcome: home and congrats! Cruising DVC was fun. They had different meetings during the cruise and of course the add on incentives were very tempting!

Palo brunch looks amazing. I am a brunch fan too.​

Great updates from both of you again.

How cool to see dolphins and that food looks nicely separated! Such a shame that Joshua wasn't digging the club. But then it was probably more fun hanging out with you and Pam.....especially if you're going to feed him pizza and play ping pong with him! I would have ditched the club too.

Looking forward to the next update.

Great updates from both of you again.

How cool to see dolphins and that food looks nicely separated! Such a shame that Joshua wasn't digging the club. But then it was probably more fun hanging out with you and Pam.....especially if you're going to feed him pizza and play ping pong with him! I would have ditched the club too.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks! I think you're onto something.....we did make it too much fun for him! :thumbsup2 He had his mom spoiling him and his new buddy Pam to hang out with. You're right, I wouldn't have gone to the club either.

The dolphins were amazing, so calming and beautiful.​

I really like the magnet! Its packed and ready to go :)

I forgot to say, I'm going to get the nails a shimmery coral/green this time. I'll go Wednesday or Thursday night.

I really like the magnet! Its packed and ready to go :)

I forgot to say, I'm going to get the nails a shimmery coral/green this time. I'll go Wednesday or Thursday night.

Oooooo sounds pretty. :thumbsup2 I remember your aqua nails from our cruise, so festive!

4 days! :cool1:

Just catching up! Great TR so far! We booked the Wonder for Alaska next year but it may turn into the same cruise you took if we can't get good airfare prices. We just got off the Magic on Friday so I love seeing how the two compare. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if your aware or not, but your pics on the last couple of pages aren't showing up. I read about your dinner in AP but I can't see it. ;)

Whaaaaaa! I came out to the lobby of the hotel to use their WiFi and read your report (and work a little on mine), and all the pictures are blocked out. It seems that you are so popular and have so many readers viewing your report that you have exceeded your band width!

Freak out? Me? :lmao: Alison, I was going to say mama bear but since you're only 4 years older, I didn't know if you'd like that. ;) :laughing: I adore you my friend! :hug: Thank you for having my back.​

This literally made me LOL! Sometimes I even Mama Bear to Fran and she's 11 years older than me! Glad to have your back!

Playing catch up!
That's so cool you saw dolphins! I think that's a lucky sign. :)

Jill in CO

Just catching up! Great TR so far! We booked the Wonder for Alaska next year but it may turn into the same cruise you took if we can't get good airfare prices. We just got off the Magic on Friday so I love seeing how the two compare. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if your aware or not, but your pics on the last couple of pages aren't showing up. I read about your dinner in AP but I can't see it. ;)

Thank you for pointing that out. I had no idea. :confused3 My Photobucket is locked, can they tell how many people view it here even if its not clicked on?

Isn't the Magic the one that just got a facelift? We loved the Wonder. :cloud9: I liked the size, no fighting for spots on CC or anything like that. The polls were crowded but I could always find a lounger somewhere. At the adult pool one day, a sweet CM brought over a lounger for me and made room. I found the service to be outstanding. :thumbsup2

Whaaaaaa! I came out to the lobby of the hotel to use their WiFi and read your report (and work a little on mine), and all the pictures are blocked out. It seems that you are so popular and have so many readers viewing your report that you have exceeded your band width!

This literally made me LOL! Sometimes I even Mama Bear to Fran and she's 11 years older than me! Glad to have your back!

Bandwidth solved. :thumbsup2 I'll check yours for an update.

We need a resident mama bear! :grouphug: ;)

Playing catch up!
That's so cool you saw dolphins! I think that's a lucky sign. :)

Jill in CO

Really? We felt lucky for sure! :wizard:

Hey Pam, guess who told me last night he thinks I should have rebooked on board? Your little buddy Joshua. :headache:

I am sorry December is being such a pita. Are you at your 7m date yet? If you know your group is rock solid and you aren't worried about being short later on points I'd go for it and book the GV. I'd hate to wait and lose it. Booking rooms for others is tough, shared villa or not. I've done it twice now and while I was so happy to be able to "share" it is SO much easier when it's just my immediate smaller clan! I'm ok not doing it again for a while. :rotfl: Assuming of course you don't mind sharing a ginormous villa with the group. Plus then no horrid sofa beds to worry about! The points are brutal. After this past trip honestly if my parent go when it's Eric's turn I'm either going to need a 2B...or they are going to be on their own (which isn't a conversation I want to have). But because it IS so many points, I can't really just give them all away....

:lmao: guilt and freak out. I love that Allison was looking out for you even if it was an overreaction. It's so hard to get across tone on the boards sometimes and it can go oddly sideways when no one intends it to.

Fun at Sea day. The dolphins make up for the majorly meh breakfast. I am glad pizza came to the rescue.

We have an amazing volume of that same hat!

Thank you for pointing that out. I had no idea. :confused3 My Photobucket is locked, can they tell how many people view it here even if its not clicked on?

Isn't the Magic the one that just got a facelift? We loved the Wonder. :cloud9: I liked the size, no fighting for spots on CC or anything like that. The polls were crowded but I could always find a lounger somewhere. At the adult pool one day, a sweet CM brought over a lounger for me and made room. I found the service to be outstanding. :thumbsup2

No problem. :thumbsup2I wouldn't think so but I'm not certain. Mine is locked and I've never had any issues. Maybe mine just doesn't get as much traffic ;)

Yes, the Magic was recently re-imagined and now has the aqua dunk and the Avengers Academy. Not that my boys care because I can't get them to stay in the club, any club, longer than an hour. :confused3 I enjoyed the size of the Magic and I really hope we get to sail the Wonder in 2015. We've sailed the Dream twice and loved it. I think the pools are crazy on all of them. :rolleyes:

I really enjoy seeing your pictures of the ship. I honestly think the atrium is more beautiful on the Wonder than the Magic. The atrium on the Dream is spectacular but it is huge compared to the Magic/Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter