You Best Start Believing in Ghost Stories...Halloween on the Dream | The End P40 8/15

FreezinRafiki

Cold enough for ya?

"You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one."

Ships2.JPG

My family and I are Walt Disney World veterans. DVC members, (former and future) Annual Pass holders. We've stayed off site, on site, Value, Moderate and Deluxe DVC villas. We've slept out in the woods in a Saratoga Springs Tree House. We've braved the savannahs at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Through the years we've hit rope drop and closed down every Walt Disney World Theme Park.

But we've never been on a cruise.

That all changed over Halloween of 2011 when we stepped foot on the Disney Dream. But I seem to be getting ahead of myself. In fact, I haven't even introduce anyone yet.

IMG_9908.JPG

That's the 5 of us, up there in that picture. I'm Barry, the tall one on left. As you can see from my DISboards signature, I've written a few trip reports. People keep reading them, so I keep writing them. That's how this goes.

Next to me is our son, Evan, who just turned 5 twelve days before this trip. He loves his sports - football, baseball, hockey, golf, racquetball. (Well, not really "racquetball" in the traditional sense. He like to go in the court with me and use me as a target). He's also into every other thing 5 year old boys enjoy: Legos, Super Heros, Star Wars, doing things that grosses out his mom, etc.

Just down the railing from him is our Daughter Madison. She hit the big "Oh-Seven" 13 days before we left. (Yes, their birthdays are one day apart. Which means we can get two-for-one when we do a birthday trip.) Madison is the sweetest little girl I've ever come across. A princess through and through, but not afraid to get up in someone's face when they need a talking too.

The beautiful lady with her hair gently blowing in the breeze is my wife of 11 years, Bambi. I don't know how she does it, but her hair is always gently blowing in the breeze, even when there is no breeze. This should tell you just how awesome she is. She's E3yore here on the DISBoards, and she'll pop in from time to time to let all of you know where I messed something up in the TR.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Barry you dolt, you said 'the 5 of us', then showed us picture of 4 people. Either you can't count or you fat-fingered the keyboard again" I did say the 5 of us. The 5th, Ryder, was on this trip, but still hanging out in utero. Yes, Bambi was pregnant while on the cruise. 17 weeks (ish) to be precise (ish). He's due April 11, so he'll be making is way into the world in the middle of my TR. I hope you don't mind, but in my sleep deprived state a few of the updates might not make any sense. In fact, just assume that about all updates that don't make any sense.

So, that's us. Before I get on with the trip report, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself...

Hello! I lurked on your last TR, but since I'm getting in on the beginning of this one I thought that I'd come out of hiding. Nice family picture! Can't wait to hear about the cruise! :thumbsup2

I plan on using this to sell DW on a cruise so you better make it a good one!

No pressure:3dglasses

Here! I'll be back later. I have to catch up on your last report too. Now I have grocery to attend too.

Fun, We've never been on a cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I think I've introduced myself before, but I'm Preschoolmom, My three kids are just turned 9 (third grade) and about to turn 8 (second grade). They are 13 months apart. We leave in a month for our third family Disney World Trip. We are driving.

We live in a suburb of Chicago.

As always, thanks for sharing your vacations with us!

You know, a PRIVATE MESSAGE would have been nice to let me know you had started this. I've been a little busy with my son's surprise he gave us.

But I'm here now since you FINALLY finished your other TR and shared the link.

I love the intros. And you cracked me up when you used "sleep deprived" after Ryder's arrival for some of your updates might not make any sense. I hate to break it to you...but that goes on now. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, you know I love you and your family and I can't wait for this next adventure.

I hope I make it on the first page but will settle for page two. I have never been on a cruise but DH wants to go on one. Maybe you can convince me to go. I don't know how to relax so a cruise has never appealed to me. I would rather go, go, go than be stuck in one place.

Joining in !! We sail on the Dream in 46 more days and we are beyond excited !! Looking forward to reading about your trip and congrats on the new addition !!

I made it over but will be back to read. Working the weekend and that starts tonight - with nothing else to do so I will be back....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter