Yorkshire County Fish Shop vs Rose and Crown

dpswift

DIS Veteran
Our ADR date is next week. My sons have 3 restaurants that they want in EPCOT. I am not sure this is a bad thing because MK closes early for parties many nights we are there.

They want fish they ate at Yorkshire County Fish Shop last year and liked it. How similar is the fish? Which is better?

My feeling is the fish and chips outside at Yorkshire County Fish Shop is just about as good as what you get inside at R&C, and of course, is considerably less expensive. Rose and Crown gets points for better presentation and atmosphere...but if you're all getting fish and chips, I'd save a few $ and eat outside.

Yes it is the fish and chips they want. I do not eat fish and chips however I can grab QS somewhere else if that is what they decide.

The fish and chips are better at Yorkshire County Fish Shop because you get them quickly right out of the fryer. At R&C, you might be waiting for your server to bring them. By then, it could be luke warm already!

There are tables to the side, you can bring other food and all eat there. The nearest QS would be either France or the refreshment port after Canada.

The fish and chips are better at Yorkshire County Fish Shop because you get them quickly right out of the fryer. At R&C, you might be waiting for your server to bring them. By then, it could be luke warm already!

There are tables to the side, you can bring other food and all eat there. The nearest QS would be either France or the refreshment port after Canada.

This was my experience too. What was served at the yorkshire window was fresh, hot, and crispy. Last trip we got food from yorkshire and took it to the pub side of r&c and had drnks from the bar.

YCFS is one of our favorite dining options. We love sitting outside with freshly prepared fish and chips. Unless the weather is unfriendly or you want something else from the menu I wouldn't bother with Rose and Crown.

yep another vote for Yorkshire county if you only want fish and chips. I think unless you are wanting to try a variety on the USA take on British food then I would stick to the cs.

It is the exact same fish and chips at both places. We always get fish and chips from Yorkshire County and go to the gardens by the hedge maze to eat. We ate at the Rose & Crown once and had one of our worst meals ever at Disney.

I vote YC.
I didn't know you could go over to Pub area and get drink to eat with the fish and chips. I'd like that.
My only challenge sitting by the water is first finding a seat and then the sea gulls. They want the fish too. LOL
Never been to Rose and Crown.

YCFS has much better fish and chips. After trying both, I was really surprised. The R&C version was a bigger fillet but was tough and lukewarm.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same fish but I like ordering it from the window and then grabbing a seat by the water. There's no waiting, no rushing to get back for your reservation time and sometimes ducks waddle by to ask for fries.

Thank you for all the replies I think we will go with YCFS and save our last TS credit for something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter